Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 1st 2012, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

dan09uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

hi,

We have finished putting together our application pack and have double checked everything, what are the common mistakes made or things we should check for before sending it off on Thursday?

thanks
Old May 1st 2012, 2:37 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by conjonway
Wooooo! A hundred million congratulations to you! What a relief! I'm checking ECAS at least twice a day right now... just to practice... y'know haha.
Congrats from me too Lozzy! Glad the wait is over for you now!

And for us conjonway - we seem to be the next in line! I think I'll begin obsessively checking ECAS now!
Old May 1st 2012, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan09uk
hi,

We have finished putting together our application pack and have double checked everything, what are the common mistakes made or things we should check for before sending it off on Thursday?

thanks
signatures and assuming they will assume things about your application (if that makes sense ), Cover yourself for everything, include notes pages for anything your not 100% sure off. Double check, go through the application backwards - this is a good way as your not so familiar with it and may pick up if you have any mistakes or missed anything.

Once you have done it all. Check it once more. Then photocopy the entire application and all pages you are providing.. (very useful tip & staples will do it for you)

When your about to seal the package, remove it and check one final time telling yourself everything is good
Old May 1st 2012, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

boredmonkeyman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by conjonway
Wooooo! A hundred million congratulations to you! What a relief! I'm checking ECAS at least twice a day right now... just to practice... y'know haha.
conjonway, I am almost exactly the same time line as you... in ecas my status has remained as "Application Received" since being able to access it, is yours the same? Do you know if it's supposed to update with medicals before "in-progress"? Everyone seems to be different depending on timeline, just hoping there is nothing wrong with my app.

Like you, I'm checking ecas way more than I should but just can't help myself... hopefully we're both very soon!
Old May 1st 2012, 6:50 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by boredmonkeyman
conjonway, I am almost exactly the same time line as you... in ecas my status has remained as "Application Received" since being able to access it, is yours the same? Do you know if it's supposed to update with medicals before "in-progress"? Everyone seems to be different depending on timeline, just hoping there is nothing wrong with my app.

Like you, I'm checking ecas way more than I should but just can't help myself... hopefully we're both very soon!
Mine is exactly the same as your - wouldn't worry!
Old May 1st 2012, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Mine is exactly the same as your - wouldn't worry!
Cheers mattie, that's comforting to know. Seems like their statuses mean little to nothing...
Old May 1st 2012, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

Mine was application received the noting till In process and then decision made.

This spreadsheet gives you quite a good idea as to when you may expect to see any activity on your application.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyi-IYE#gid=0
Old May 2nd 2012, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Congrats from me too Lozzy! Glad the wait is over for you now!

And for us conjonway - we seem to be the next in line! I think I'll begin obsessively checking ECAS now!
thanks so much mattieuk! Will be watching out for you and conjonway getting an answer very soon!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the doorbell rings today and we get the COPR because my hubby refuses to believe it's real until it's in his hand!

boredmonkeyman - I didn't even get an in process status, just straight to decision made. Good luck for your wait!
Old May 2nd 2012, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yzf.shaun
Mine was application received the noting till In process and then decision made.

This spreadsheet gives you quite a good idea as to when you may expect to see any activity on your application.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyi-IYE#gid=0
Originally Posted by lozzyblue
thanks so much mattieuk! Will be watching out for you and conjonway getting an answer very soon!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the doorbell rings today and we get the COPR because my hubby refuses to believe it's real until it's in his hand!

boredmonkeyman - I didn't even get an in process status, just straight to decision made. Good luck for your wait!
Thanks to you both, knowing I'm not the odd one out definitely eases the ecas induced mild panic I seem to have had these past few weeks! Oh yes, I've had that spreadsheet open for weeks now just to stare at it every now and again...

And congrats too lozzyblue! Hope it comes through soon
Old May 2nd 2012, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Can you believe that I sat in waiting for the postie today as I was pretty sure it would come... no sign of him by midday so went and checked the mailbox and there was a card to say he'd tried to deliver something for my hubby which needed a signature but I would have to pick up from the Post office and can't do that until TOMORROW!

I just know it's COPR - and I'm so damn mad as I've been here all morning - he couldn't have rung the doorbell! GRRRRR
Old May 2nd 2012, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

CateandSymie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Anybody had sponsorship approval From Feb yet? On pinkladys spreadsheet there are people who sent their applications around the 4/5th and received approval about 3/4 weeks ago.. I sent mine on the 12th so only a week after theirs and havnt heard anything yet.. frustrating!!
I sent mine on the 16th Feb and still haven't heard anything. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed for us all.
Old May 2nd 2012, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

CateandSymie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yzf.shaun
I had a spate of going through to secondary questioning and was always given the full 6 months. (generally when I was only visiting for a weekend)

Dates written were as follows

Entry Stamp Written Expiry
27/11/09 - 26/05/10
23/12/09 - 22/06/10
06/02/10 - 05/08/10

So on that basis if you land 14th November your expiry will be 13th May
Thanks very much. Really helps.
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

dan09uk is an unknown quantity at this point

sent my application today!
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dan09uk
sent my application today!
Good Luck!! I sent mine yesterday....Let the waiting begin!!
Old May 3rd 2012, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

I've just got back from the Post Office and we now officially have hubby's COPR!!!

What a great birthday present for him! He's at work so I haven't spoke to him yet...

Thanks everyone for your help in completing the application and support throughout the process. Best of luck to those of you still waiting... I'll be looking out for your updates!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.