Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 27th 2012, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hey Conjonway,
My IEC VISA expires in 2 weeks. My PR VISA isn't here either. Did you get a temp work permit? How do I do that? Am I too late? Help!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CANorBUST
Hey Conjonway,
My IEC VISA expires in 2 weeks. My PR VISA isn't here either. Did you get a temp work permit? How do I do that? Am I too late? Help!
Yes I got a temp work permit (http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Work_Permit_Steps-Canada) that starts in a week or so. I found an employer who applied for an LMO (http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Labour...Opinion-Canada) for me about 2 months ago. My employer is actually one that I'd worked for before, at a kid's summer camp, so I knew that I would be able to.

You won't be able to get a temp work permit within 2 weeks though. So now you can either apply online to change your status from temporary work holiday to a visitor (if you're applying for PR then you should be given up to 1 year as a visitor), or you can pop across to a border office and get them to change your status in Canada.

I know that's not incredibly helpful - especially as you can't work on a visitor's visa. I'm not sure of your timeline, but you might have to just sit on your hands for a bit and wait. If you've not got the cash to support yourself then you might need to plug some friends/family or a bank.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in shock... but I have just checked ECAS and we have decision made!!!!

OMG... I'm guessing it will be next week before we have COPR in hand but OMG!!

Thanks everyone for all your support along the way

Oh and it's the right decision
Old Apr 28th 2012, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lozzyblue

Yep, you should have it in hand next week, and if it was not the right decision you would have been asked for additional information by now. Enjoy the moment. 9 more days till my husband is here.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 1:33 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Checked on ECAS and medicals already received in London! Huzzah!! And now just into the next set of waiting games...

Congrats lozzyblue on your "decision made" - glad it's all worked out!!

123me - yay husband with you in 9 days!! You must be really excited for the reunion... sending happy vibes your way!!

A general question for those who have applied common-law - have any of you gotten married while your app was processing? I got married last week, sent an email to CIC staying the change in personal circumstance but haven't heard anything back - how long does it normally take to acknowledge the email? Thanks in advance
Old Apr 28th 2012, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Wooooo! A hundred million congratulations to you! What a relief! I'm checking ECAS at least twice a day right now... just to practice... y'know haha.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Checked on ECAS and medicals already received in London! Huzzah!! And now just into the next set of waiting games...
Did this update on your ecas login or on your sponsors?
Old Apr 29th 2012, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point

So i'm very worried at the moment (though i'm sure i'm in a much better position that some people). I'm just about to start my 2nd year of IEC in June, and have been planning to apply for sponsorship for some time but have been delaying it for one reason or another. Do you think I should realistically expect to have it by June 2013?
Old Apr 29th 2012, 11:08 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Did this update on your ecas login or on your sponsors?
I'm the sponsor, my now-husband (YAY!) is the Brit I'm sponsoring. I logged into ECAS and under the heading "Permanent Residency" (or whatever that heading is), it currently says "Application Received"; when I clicked on it it said "We received your application on January 24th, 2012. Medicals have been received."

Not sure if that helps or if that's how it appeared for others?
Old Apr 29th 2012, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

ashleyi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are just putting the last few pieces of the application put together, we're going to send it off in the next couple of weeks. We're hoping to move to Toronto around late October/November time - do you think this is a realistic time frame? Was feeling pretty confident about the whole thing, but am starting to worry that we've waited too long!
Old Apr 29th 2012, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wesbray
So i'm very worried at the moment (though i'm sure i'm in a much better position that some people). I'm just about to start my 2nd year of IEC in June, and have been planning to apply for sponsorship for some time but have been delaying it for one reason or another. Do you think I should realistically expect to have it by June 2013?
Short answer, yes. But obviously I don't understand the complexity of your situation. Based on a complete form that is accurate and causes no trouble with CIC then I think you'll be ok.

Originally Posted by ashleyi
Hi everyone! My fiance and I are just putting the last few pieces of the application put together, we're going to send it off in the next couple of weeks. We're hoping to move to Toronto around late October/November time - do you think this is a realistic time frame? Was feeling pretty confident about the whole thing, but am starting to worry that we've waited too long!
It'll be close. I think it's closer to 6 months right now judging by people's timelines. Best advice get it in ASAP, you don't worry to feel stupid later because you took a couple of weeks longer than you could have done. (that's how I feel!)
Old Apr 29th 2012, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

Did ECAS say IN PROCESS before you received the Decision Made? We have 10 days before my OH's work permit expires and are in desperate need of the PR Visa to come through.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 7:42 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by ashleyi
Have a look at this spreadsheet, it's managed by PinkLady over at canadavisa.com: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyi-IYE#gid=0

It should give you a pretty good idea of timelines. As conjonway said, average times are somewhere around 6 months at the moment so get your form in now and you MIGHT just squeeze in. Good luck!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CANorBUST
Did ECAS say IN PROCESS before you received the Decision Made? We have 10 days before my OH's work permit expires and are in desperate need of the PR Visa to come through.
Nope, never had an IN PROCESS... straight to Decision Made...

Hoping the Postie delivers something nice to us today.... although I think that's wishful thinking! Husband's birthday on Thursday so could be a lovely birthday present!

Good luck to you CANorBUST

And thanks conjonway... Am looking forward to hearing your news next!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianTash is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, never had an IN PROCESS... straight to Decision Made...

Hoping the Postie delivers something nice to us today.... although I think that's wishful thinking! Husband's birthday on Thursday so could be a lovely birthday present!

Good luck to you CANorBUST

And thanks conjonway... Am looking forward to hearing your news next!

What great news Lozzy! I am so pleased for you. I bet you are really happy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.