Labour Market Opinion-Canada
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Now superceded by LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) - more info here: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers.html
- A Labour Market Opinion (LMO) is an authorization that a Canadian employer has to obtain from Service Canada if he/she wants to offer a job to a foreigner.
- The employer has to demonstrate that he/she has recruited across Canada and has been unable to find a qualified Canadian to do the job.
- In most cases, the employer has to have advertised the job across Canada for at least two weeks in the last three months.
- The LMO application process typically takes 12-16 weeks.
- Once the prospective employer has obtained an LMO, the prospective employee can apply for a temporary work permit (TWP).