Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 30th 2012, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Checked the application status today and it has now been updated to decision made. Last Friday it was updated to in process. So now I eagerly await to see what arrives in the post.

As I have heard nothing so far, fingers crossed it is good news
Old Mar 30th 2012, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yzf.shaun
Checked the application status today and it has now been updated to decision made. Last Friday it was updated to in process. So now I eagerly await to see what arrives in the post.

As I have heard nothing so far, fingers crossed it is good news
Hundred million congratulations to you. What's your timeline like?
Old Mar 30th 2012, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

App sent to CPC-M Nov 8th
Sponsor approved Jan 16th
In Process Mar 23rd
Decision Made Mar 30th
Old Mar 31st 2012, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Now to update:

COPR arrived in the post this morning
Old Mar 31st 2012, 12:17 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

App sent to CPC-M Nov 8th
Sponsor approved Jan 16th
In Process Mar 23rd
Decision Made Mar 30th
4.5 months, that's quick! Congrats
Old Apr 1st 2012, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone!

So the fiancé and I are heading to the border for him to land on Monday. Anything we should know??

We're travelling in NY at the moment so we're driving through the Buffalo border.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shudda
Anything we should know??
I'm very interested too! My husband and I are going across at Detroit on Tuesday. Debating whether to claim it as a shopping trip then come home after or to tell them we intend to land on the way back. What is the best way?
Old Apr 1st 2012, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carrin
I'm very interested too! My husband and I are going across at Detroit on Tuesday. Debating whether to claim it as a shopping trip then come home after or to tell them we intend to land on the way back. What is the best way?
Personally, I'd go and not say anything about landing because I believe somewhere on this forum people have been told to just flagpole...If you're heading to Detroit for something - just be honest about the reason but don't mention the COPR.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Canuck_eh is an unknown quantity at this point

Got our COPR arrived yesterday morning after seeing Decision Made on Friday morning! Actually did lots of jumping and dancing around living room. I know how everyone feels now. What a brilliant feeling!
Old Apr 1st 2012, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Canuck_eh
Got our COPR arrived yesterday morning after seeing Decision Made on Friday morning! Actually did lots of jumping and dancing around living room. I know how everyone feels now. What a brilliant feeling!
Congrats.

Almost identical time line to my own.

So much to think about now. When are you looking at moving to Canada. It likely to be mid June for myself as I need to give 2 months notice at work.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Congrats.

Almost identical time line to my own.

So much to think about now. When are you looking at moving to Canada. It likely to be mid June for myself as I need to give 2 months notice at work.
yzf.shaun, I am pretty sure you will get yours soon as our timeline is not far from each other. So hang in there and keep positive. We are trying to get flights for end of april. Hubby got a job and they are patiently waiting for us. I need give 1 month notice so will need to do tomorrow.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun, I am pretty sure you will get yours soon as our timeline is not far from each other. So hang in there and keep positive. We are trying to get flights for end of april. Hubby got a job and they are patiently waiting for us. I need give 1 month notice so will need to do tomorrow.
canuck that's what i'm saying about almost identical timeline.

I got mine yesterday morning as well. I had finished a night shift and had only been in bed a couple of hours but when there was that knock at the door from the post man I was down the stairs like a shot
Old Apr 1st 2012, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Ok quick question for those who received their COPR who's got dependents age 5 years old and under. When we looked at our COPR my kid's name are not on the dependent's list. When we sent our application they refunded us cdn$300 saying that
As it appears that you held Canadian Citizenship status at the time that your child was born outside of Canada, your child may be eligible for Canadian Citizenship. Visit www.cic.gc.ca for information on how to apply for citizenship Dependent Child. A refund in the amount of $300 was requested on your behalf. You should receive this refund in six to eight weeks

They both have their own british passport. Does anyone know a phone number is CIC london where I can actually speak to someone and not a recorded machine. Again thanks to all who have been supportive on this forum.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

That is great...and yes it feels brilliant doesn't it! You will be here soon, April will be a busy month for you.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Cunnuck, you have to apply for Citizenship for your kids. We did this a while back for our son. Its takes a few months to come though -i think 3-not the 12 it says on the website, but is quite simple. I email London a long time back ansd asked what happens if its not through before we want to move and they said they issue some sort of visa into the british passport. I believe you need the citzenship stuff for schools! Healthcare and things so I'd get going on it at the same time as contacting the embassy. You need to speak to the uk consulate though for advice on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.