Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 29th 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

LuvShy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

awww Lethe, don't worry I'm sure you'll hear something soon Lethe did you have an interview at the Canadian Consulate?

This is so depressing waiting...
Old Jul 29th 2010, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by LuvShy
awww Lethe, don't worry I'm sure you'll hear something soon Lethe did you have an interview at the Canadian Consulate?

This is so depressing waiting...
Nope, no interview. I don't actually know anyone who has. Did you have one?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Saya10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lethe
I hope you do too luvshy but I have the same timeline as Saya and I haven't got mine yet! She mentioned before that the timeline is actually her husband's (like I said, cic seem to be a bit sexist) as now, all the guys who applied around the same time as us have their pr and only one of the girls!
Thanks Luvshy hopefully it's good news! In ecas they note that the Meds have been received though sometimes it won't show until decision made....just depends on the IO.

Lethe...I guess this is defnitily one in favour of your theory. I hope it's not the case and you hear something very soon. (btw we are commonlaw)
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Saya, don't worry I'm sure its good news. Thanks for the info abt the medical records, no update yet...still "in process" I'am beginning to hate that phrase

Lethe>>I have heard of cases, but not for people in London, but else where in the world. I just wasn't sure if my husband would have to go to one also (he's the one in London), I also spoke to a lawyer, and he said my husband should be prepared to go to one incase they ask him to, my husband has only been in the U.K for about 2 years now.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by LuvShy
Saya, don't worry I'm sure its good news. Thanks for the info abt the medical records, no update yet...still "in process" I'am beginning to hate that phrase

Lethe>>I have heard of cases, but not for people in London, but else where in the world. I just wasn't sure if my husband would have to go to one also (he's the one in London), I also spoke to a lawyer, and he said my husband should be prepared to go to one incase they ask him to, my husband has only been in the U.K for about 2 years now.
Ohhh I see. I guess it's different if he's from another nationality. I am living in Canada atm so quietly hoping they don't call me to interview.
Saya, I'm sure it's good news, I don't think they reject people without giving them an interview. Did he not get an email yet?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

For those thinking of dropping off your passport in person (if you're local enough or fancy a day out in London!), I have just been this afternoon and thought I'd share my experience. My information stated you can only do this on a Thursday (between 2 & 3pm). I got there at 1.40pm and there were approx 15-20 people queueing outside.

Around 1.50pm, security organised the queue (now approx 30-40 people) into 2 lines. One for collection, one for submission. The collectors were then ushered into the building, 1 or 2 at a time and the queue seemed to have totally gone by 2pm! Then it was our turn, one by one, into the building and just one nice lady collecting passports, forms & photos. Was given a receipt and told to return in 2 weeks (with the receipt!) to collect!

Simples

A big good luck to all those still waiting ... and hope this info is of some use to somebody!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

He hasn't recieved a ppr yet but will probably get it with the letter or an email in the next week. Usually they won't refuse someone with out asking for additional documents or for an interview. It does seem that interviews are more likely conducted if it's another country that London is responsible for.

Thanks chobert for sharing your exprience, good to know.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

gregse4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wondering if Spousal is same as common-law. My time line below:

App sent to CPC - M 22/05/10
Sponsorship Approved 24/05/10
Started Processing 09/07/10

By the above and looking at other people, should expect request for passports any day now. It's a straight forward case. How do they send requests for passports via snail mail or email?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gregse4
Wondering if Spousal is same as common-law. How do they send requests for passports via snail mail or email?
With Common Law you have to prove 365 days of continuous cohabitation in a conjugal (marriage like) relastionship. Marriage you need provide proof of wedding, ie certificate. Both require proof of genuine and continuous relationship.

It seems most ppr are via email.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Saya10
With Common Law you have to prove 365 days of continuous cohabitation in a conjugal (marriage like) relastionship. Marriage you need provide proof of wedding, ie certificate. Both require proof of genuine and continuous relationship.

It seems most ppr are via email.
Meant from timeline point of view
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Meant from timeline point of view
oh haha. Guess it depends on a lot of things. I (think) was pretty good at showing we qualify for common law. I think there are pros and cons to both. With Marriage you don't have the cohabation requirement so if a couple quickly got married it may come off more dodgy then someone who has lived together 1+ years. Then again with common law you have to prove more of the conjugal side of things....then again it always just boils down to the IO and how well your proof is.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Saya10
oh haha. Guess it depends on a lot of things. I (think) was pretty good at showing we qualify for common law. I think there are pros and cons to both. With Marriage you don't have the cohabation requirement so if a couple quickly got married it may come off more dodgy then someone who has lived together 1+ years. Then again with common law you have to prove more of the conjugal side of things....then again it always just boils down to the IO and how well your proof is.
WOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JUst got the email through!!!!

Will poist full timeline shortly...

Think it's a new record.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

WOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JUst got the email through!!!!

Will poist full timeline shortly...

Think it's a new record.
Application Sent To Mississauga 22/05/2010 0
Application Delivered in Mississauga 26/05/2010 4
Registered on ECAS 29/06/2010 38
Decision Made/Letter Sent 24/06/2010 33
Sponsorship Approval Letter Received 01/07/2010 40
File Transferred to London 06/07/2010 45
Passport Requests 29/07/2010 68

So far 68 Days
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

Congrats
Old Jul 29th 2010, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Application Sent To Mississauga 22/05/2010 0
Application Delivered in Mississauga 26/05/2010 4
Registered on ECAS 29/06/2010 38
Decision Made/Letter Sent 24/06/2010 33
Sponsorship Approval Letter Received 01/07/2010 40
File Transferred to London 06/07/2010 45
Passport Requests 29/07/2010 68

So far 68 Days
Nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.