Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Cograts on finally being able to log in! After I read your post I checked too and was able to access ECAS However im very worried now. It says that a decision was made on Oct 1st about part one, and as you know I have not received any emails neither has my partner (sponsor) It says they sent us a letter regarding the decision on Oct 1st and we should consider delays in mail services. I am very anxious now, does this mean bad news? Why wouldnt they email us or is this standard under every "decision made". As far as I believe our application is very straightforward, together 2 years, living together for 1 with lots of proof, I dont know what we will do if we are refused Any insights would be appreciated
Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mariar
Cograts on finally being able to log in! After I read your post I checked too and was able to access ECAS However im very worried now. It says that a decision was made on Oct 1st about part one, and as you know I have not received any emails neither has my partner (sponsor) It says they sent us a letter regarding the decision on Oct 1st and we should consider delays in mail services. I am very anxious now, does this mean bad news? Why wouldnt they email us or is this standard under every "decision made". As far as I believe our application is very straightforward, together 2 years, living together for 1 with lots of proof, I dont know what we will do if we are refused Any insights would be appreciated
I'm glad you can finally get on eCAS, too! That said, I'm sorry to hear about the lack of letter. (As far as immigration-influenced sanity goes, it always seems to be one step forward, two steps back: you get access to the system, but then the information available is confusing. )

Did you include an e-mail address in your application or did you opt for correspondence by post? If the latter, that could certainly be the reason for the delay--Canada Post can be very slow. (Are you in the UK or Canada at the moment?) If, however, you were expecting correspondence by e-mail, it might not be a bad idea to call CIC on Monday and see what advice/explanation they can offer.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your response, im in Canada at the moment. I know they have our email as that is how we learned that our app was in process. I honestly cant remember what I put for preference, mail or email, i would assume email but who knows this has made my mind go blank! We recieved that email late on a Sat night so there is still hope lol I will try on Mon if nothing just deep breaths and try enjoy my weekend
Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your response, im in Canada at the moment. I know they have our email as that is how we learned that our app was in process. I honestly cant remember what I put for preference, mail or email, i would assume email but who knows this has made my mind go blank! We recieved that email late on a Sat night so there is still hope lol I will try on Mon if nothing just deep breaths and try enjoy my weekend
Oh, duh, of course! Sorry, I totally forgot that detail.

Double-check your spam filters and enjoy the weekend, then go pester CIC later this week. If you're a straight-forward case with plenty of straight-forward documentation, then I'm guessing it's safe to assume that the problem is with bureaucracy, not your application, and will eventually be resolved.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Our letter took ages to come through - 10th Nov and we got the letter early december!!!! We fretted for weeks, and tried to contact them, but could not get any info whatsoever - we just had to sit tight and wait......not easy!!!! Ours also said they sent us a letter etc - so try not to worry!

Hope you hear something soon!
Old Oct 16th 2011, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Caleo - thats reassuring! We will just have to wait and see and hope for the best, its so frustrating emailing you one minute and letters the next!
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Letter arrived this morning - sponsor approved! Woohoo one step closer!
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Letter arrived this morning - sponsor approved! Woohoo one step closer!
Yay! I'm so pleased for you! In my experience, it's far easier to cope once you know that at least Part 1 is done.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you! Yeah definately, I already feel like a weight has been lifted. Dont want to count my chickens but im going to celebrate this milestone today
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Cawsand is an unknown quantity at this point

We've got 'Decision Made' on Ecas!... but no news as to what it is.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

chorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nice

Hello Everyone!
Great news!!!! We just received our letter for passport request!!!! So excited! And just wanted to thank everyone for their help!!! This website is a godsend! And you are all so lovely!

All the best and I hope you hear soon!

Our timeline: Application sent June 7th
Sponsorship approved July 27th
Received in London August 12th
Passport Request October 17th
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Fidget is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by chorlton79
Hello Everyone!
Great news!!!! We just received our letter for passport request!!!! So excited! And just wanted to thank everyone for their help!!! This website is a godsend! And you are all so lovely!

Excellent news! My wife (sponsor) got approved on 20th September so around a month after you so hopefully end of november will hear something! How did you recieve passport request, via email or letter? If it was letter was it via normal post as DHL have tried to deliver us something from buffalo USA. Think it might be our canadian bank account details.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

chorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fidget
Excellent news! My wife (sponsor) got approved on 20th September so around a month after you so hopefully end of november will hear something! How did you recieve passport request, via email or letter? If it was letter was it via normal post as DHL have tried to deliver us something from buffalo USA. Think it might be our canadian bank account details.
It shouldn't be long Fidget. Disappointingly (for me! after scouring my email daily), my partner received the email - he is the applicant, I'm the sponsor. My ecas hasn't even shown a change, very bizarre, but I"m not too bothered! At least it's here. But all of our correspondence came through electronically.

Fingers crossed for you!!!
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Fidget is an unknown quantity at this point

It shouldn't be long Fidget. Disappointingly (for me! after scouring my email daily), my partner received the email - he is the applicant, I'm the sponsor. My ecas hasn't even shown a change, very bizarre, but I"m not too bothered! At least it's here. But all of our correspondence came through electronically.

Fingers crossed for you!!!
Ok so that means i should be the one recieving the notification. Hopefully is soon as days drag when you keep checking email and logging into ecas!!!
Old Oct 18th 2011, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Cawsand is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone!

Congrats! Our passport request just came too! Woohoo!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.