Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 28th 2011, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Ivesy
Hi there
we sent our application out to Mississauga and are using a consultant, yes now we wish we had done it ourselves but i was really worried we would leave something out as there is me and my three boys, any how the application was sent out on the 5th of july and we assumed it arrived in Mississauga around the 7th july, we heard nothing after looking at the official website and it said that date had been worked on( we were getting really stressed by this time imagining all sorts' maybe it hadn't even got to Mississauga) , i contacted my consultant again and asked when it had been received she then told us it hadn't got there until the 14th july..... sigh at least it was there.
now they are working on applications received on 15th july so we know it must have been worked on but we have heard nothing yet no email so now after looking on this site i am assuming that we will be told via letter.
if any one else has had the same experience i would appreciate hearing from you..
and yes the waiting game is so stressful as another member pointed out.

Hi there could anyone enlighten me as to whether first stage notification if by letter comes from Mississauga or by london once they have received the application, we know that our application has been worked on because of cic
is showing that they have already worked on the date our was received over a week now.
everybody else seems to be informed by email .... not us though!!!
a
Old Sep 28th 2011, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Cawsand is an unknown quantity at this point

--->Ivesy

It can take several weeks until they contact you. It was about 5 weeks for us. They got in touch via email.

On another note: We did not include a police check for my husband when he did a semester abroad in Finland in 1998! So we are back in the waiting room now until the London office receives this and picks up our file again. We are so bummed.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cawsand
--->Ivesy

It can take several weeks until they contact you. It was about 5 weeks for us. They got in touch via email.

On another note: We did not include a police check for my husband when he did a semester abroad in Finland in 1998! So we are back in the waiting room now until the London office receives this and picks up our file again. We are so bummed.
Cawsand
thanks for your quick reply; quite a wait then, we have as far as we know included all police checks and had medicals already forwarded to london.
i wish you luck and i hope your file is dealt with quickly, this whole thing really takes over your life !!!
Old Sep 29th 2011, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Stage 2 ie assessment of person being sponsored has gone up again this week to 68 days

but considering we are not even through Stage 1 yet I'm not sure why I'm checking this but think I need to be checking something
Old Sep 29th 2011, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by janham
Stage 2 ie assessment of person being sponsored has gone up again this week to 68 days

but considering we are not even through Stage 1 yet I'm not sure why I'm checking this but think I need to be checking something
I think you might have that backwards. For an outland spousal/common-law PR application:

Step 1 is assessment of sponsor (the Canadian citizen/permanent resident). It currently takes 68 days.

Step 2 is assessment of person being sponsored (the non-Canadian who wants permanent residency). It currently takes 8 months via London.

Last edited by Aperture; Sep 29th 2011 at 7:53 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janham

Yes, it is stage 1 that takes 68 days - which is approval of sponsor in Mississauga - so you have started the countdown!!
Old Sep 29th 2011, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleo
Yes, it is stage 1 that takes 68 days - which is approval of sponsor in Mississauga - so you have started the countdown!!
It's so depressing! My application landed in Missisauga Aug 30th, and a few weeks ago first stage approvals were at something like 35 days, and then it leapt to 60-something, and now it is 68 like you say. Don't suppose any others who have already been processed etc can ever recall if things speed up/slow down etc? I was hoping/thinking that the recent slow down might be due to people taking summer holidays, but was hoping that now they were all back things might speed up and therefore we might see the number of days reduce again.....or is it only likely to get worse!!!????
Old Sep 29th 2011, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

My spouse went for his medical today, and they said the ECG results were unclear and that he needs to go for further tests. I am now very worried.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aperture
I think you might have that backwards. For an outland spousal/common-law PR application:

Step 1 is assessment of sponsor (the Canadian citizen/permanent resident). It currently takes 68 days.

Step 2 is assessment of person being sponsored (the non-Canadian who wants permanent residency). It currently takes 8 months via London.
Yes you are right, I do know what I mean really, i'm just dizzy looking at it and can't believe it. Hopefully this is just an estimate as it stage 2 as if you look a lot of people are being approved in less than 8 months

Lets hope that's right. As Victorfoxtrot says if anyone knows if it has increased before and then reduced for some reason let us know as we are getting viewings on our house now and it only takes one
Old Sep 30th 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

I got an e-mail from CIC this morning saying I (the sponsor) have been approved! YAY!

For what it's worth, that was 68 days from receipt at CPC-M to sponsor approval e-mail (exactly what they currently have listed for Part 1 on the CIC Processing Times website).

By the way, does anyone know if our getting married in the middle of this process will slow things down in London? (We applied as common-law but are considering getting married in the next month or so to make things easier for us in another part of our lives.) I assume we'd just post the marriage certificate to London with a note of our UCI and Application numbers, right?
Old Sep 30th 2011, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

I got an e-mail from CIC this morning saying I (the sponsor) have been approved! YAY!

For what it's worth, that was 68 days from receipt at CPC-M to sponsor approval e-mail (exactly what they currently have listed for Part 1 on the CIC Processing Times website).

By the way, does anyone know if our getting married in the middle of this process will slow things down in London? (We applied as common-law but are considering getting married in the next month or so to make things easier for us in another part of our lives.) I assume we'd just post the marriage certificate to London with a note of our UCI and Application numbers, right?
Hi there just to let every one know we have just been told today that our first stage(sponsor approval) has been approved and that is on its way to london for the second stage!! such a lovely and exciting time....our application was sent on 5th July arrived in Mississauga on the 14th July, approved on the 20th September, we were notified by a letter :thumbsup

outland spousal sponsor
application received 14th July
sponsor approved 20th July

Last edited by Ivesy; Sep 30th 2011 at 5:30 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Aperture and Ivesey. Encouraging to note that in your case Aperture your application was received on 25 July, yet according to CIC they are only working on apps r'cd up to 20 July. Perhaps they are speeding up. <twiddles thumbs and thinks wishfully>

Keep us updated.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Congrats Aperture and Ivesey. Encouraging to note that in your case Aperture your application was received on 25 July, yet according to CIC they are only working on apps r'cd up to 20 July. Perhaps they are speeding up. <twiddles thumbs and thinks wishfully>

Keep us updated.
Thanks, victorfoxtrot! It was certainly a pleasant surprise. It was still processed according to the timeline on the website (25 July to 30 September is 68 days), but I'm just happy that it was a somewhat predictable timeline!

I hope your Step 1 waiting period hasn't been too stressful. Keep the faith! You'll get there eventually and, oh, boy, does receiving that e-mail ever feel GOOD.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

monkfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a phone call from Mississauga at 3pm yesterday saying there was a form missing from my application!!!! (spousal sponsorship by my Canadian wife). We faxed another copy over a little later and got email confirmation of sponsorship approval this morning 77 days from being recieved, now the real waiting begins!! The immigration official was very helpful by giving us chance to fax it instead of making us do it all by post. No idea what happened to the form!! I checked it before sending it to my wife,she checked it before 3 other people checked it and somehow it didnt make it !! oh well, we got there in the end. congratulations to everyone else at this stage and good luck for the next one
Old Sep 30th 2011, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by monkfish
Got a phone call from Mississauga at 3pm yesterday saying there was a form missing from my application!!!! (spousal sponsorship by my Canadian wife). We faxed another copy over a little later and got email confirmation of sponsorship approval this morning 77 days from being recieved, now the real waiting begins!! The immigration official was very helpful by giving us chance to fax it instead of making us do it all by post. No idea what happened to the form!! I checked it before sending it to my wife,she checked it before 3 other people checked it and somehow it didnt make it !! oh well, we got there in the end. congratulations to everyone else at this stage and good luck for the next one
Hi Monkfish what a relief for you both that you were able to fa another copy over to Mississauga...
good luck to everyone going on to the next stage...and to who are still awaiting their first stage approval,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.