Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Well i am officially a landed Permanent resident. all seems very surreal and doesn't really feel like anything has changed!

Landing was relatively easy although i was nervous.

Pull up to the Border, tell the US guy we are flagpolling he just tells us to pull through and pull a u turn and go back to canada. no paper work or anything so dont think i have to worry about being denied.

Then get back to canada first guy is real nice. tells us to park and go inside.

then go in. Looks deserted (probably becasue it was BC day) give this grumpy guy my papers he tells us to sit down and disapers for 10 mins.

Meanwhile a line about 10 deep forms as there appears to be no other staff.

Then he comes back. tells me to sign in a few spots on the thing.

including telling me 3 times if i go outside the box with my signature he will rip it up and I have to start the whole process again!!!
most nerve racking signature of my life. (not sure if that's the one going on my PR card but it is tiny and illegible.)

and that was it. As soon as i signed he went from grumpy man to happy man. but didnt get any welcome to canada or anything like that.

to everyone still waiting is dont stress. id pretty much given up checking my email/post and was only doing it once every few days. much more exiting when it comes!

I seem to have a so much to do now.
MEdical stuff
Tax stuff
Bank stuff
Phone stuff
Job stuff

PR was the easy bit!

IT is one year today since my working visa expired which is quite a coincidence!
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

jaskp1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TomHoney
Well i am officially a landed Permanent resident. all seems very surreal and doesn't really feel like anything has changed!

Landing was relatively easy although i was nervous.

Pull up to the Border, tell the US guy we are flagpolling he just tells us to pull through and pull a u turn and go back to canada. no paper work or anything so dont think i have to worry about being denied.

Then get back to canada first guy is real nice. tells us to park and go inside.

then go in. Looks deserted (probably becasue it was BC day) give this grumpy guy my papers he tells us to sit down and disapers for 10 mins.

Meanwhile a line about 10 deep forms as there appears to be no other staff.

Then he comes back. tells me to sign in a few spots on the thing.

including telling me 3 times if i go outside the box with my signature he will rip it up and I have to start the whole process again!!!
most nerve racking signature of my life. (not sure if that's the one going on my PR card but it is tiny and illegible.)

and that was it. As soon as i signed he went from grumpy man to happy man. but didnt get any welcome to canada or anything like that.

to everyone still waiting is dont stress. id pretty much given up checking my email/post and was only doing it once every few days. much more exiting when it comes!

I seem to have a so much to do now.
MEdical stuff
Tax stuff
Bank stuff
Phone stuff
Job stuff

PR was the easy bit!

IT is one year today since my working visa expired which is quite a coincidence!
Congrats Tomhoney...

Was nice to read your landing story I guess you are right. Well I certainly need to stop checking my mail so frequently. It's even difficult to get up everyday because I wonder to myself, if I haven't got the approval today, it's going to be so difficult to get through the day... Lol

All the best with all the other bank/tax/phone etc stuff that you need to get done...

P.S. Lol at grumpy man going happy man and the signature incident...
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Well, checked the email this morning and the golden ticket came through!!! My husband recieved his passport request this morning!!

I was shocked and happy that we have finally reached the final step of processing!

Thanks to everyone who has helped us with our little problems and frets as we've been through this process. This is proof a couple of stupid kids in love can do this with no experience in immigration applications, with everyone's help on these boards we've managed to fill everything out correctly and well, time for a big bottle of vino!!!

Jaskp1 - i'm sure you'll be hearing so soon!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 1:44 pm
tsc
Forum Regular

tsc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo

Well, checked the email this morning and the golden ticket came through!!! My husband recieved his passport request this morning!!

I was shocked and happy that we have finally reached the final step of processing!

Thanks to everyone who has helped us with our little problems and frets as we've been through this process. This is proof a couple of stupid kids in love can do this with no experience in immigration applications, with everyone's help on these boards we've managed to fill everything out correctly and well, time for a big bottle of vino!!!

BrennaBoo - that's awesome - huge congrats to you both! It's sure a relief when that email comes through isn't it!

TSC )
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Brennaboo...

I got it too!!!

I can't believe I got it. I just checked my email. Was busy all day today and only checked now. I'd received it around 10.45am (GMT)

Oh my God!! I got it I got it!!

I'm going bonkers!! Owwww thank u sooooooooooooooooo much everyone!! Thank you brennaboo for all teh support and your lovely positive posts!! It would have been so much harder without u all!!

I'm soooo floating away now...
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

sjgreenman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey folks,
I'm new, and the thread is HUGE so I don't think I've found what I needed, but I just had a general question. We sent my husband's application in originally to Missassauga in April, and when it arrived to London it had already mysteriously lost a couple of forms. Which is confusing because half of the forms they said they lost were necessary for the sponsorship portion of the application, which has been approved. So of course we sent new copies of what they said was missing and thy've listed it as recieved since June 4th of this year. Which is great! So looking t our status page it shows the sponsorship as approved and his applicated just listed as received. So just wondering, am I supposed to be seeing just his application and medical stuff as received or am I supposed to be seeing mention of his background check or anything else? There was no mention of it not being there or anything else being missing other than the things we've already sent, and I'm probably being paranoid, but I just wanted to make sure I'm seeing the right thing. And yes, I did notice some of you guys are waiting months and months. I suppose we just expected things to be moving faster as when we went for his medical check in Cardiff the doctor there said that she hadn't seen her future Canadians taking more than about 4 moths to be off and away. For reference we are doing the spousal sponsorship while both living abroad bit. Thanks for any help! And good luck on things moving along quick folks. :-)
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

BrennaBoo, I have been following this post for a few months now, and I am so excited for you. My husband and I are in the filliung out the forms and waiting for police check stage, so we have a ways to go. I agree the help on this site is amazing.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hey there all,

For al those who have received PPR's, my mail reads that my application has reached the final stage of processing... is that what the email usually states??

I wanted to ask if it explicitly states that you have been approved as a Permanent resident???

Also if I drop off my passport in person, the email reads that I can pick it up on the second thursday from then... does it ever take any longer?? - as I wish to book my airline ticket...

Thanks very much everyone!!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Brennaboo - that is great news! Congrats And to Tom Honey too!!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sjgreenman
Hey folks,
I'm new, and the thread is HUGE so I don't think I've found what I needed, but I just had a general question. We sent my husband's application in originally to Missassauga in April, and when it arrived to London it had already mysteriously lost a couple of forms. Which is confusing because half of the forms they said they lost were necessary for the sponsorship portion of the application, which has been approved. So of course we sent new copies of what they said was missing and thy've listed it as recieved since June 4th of this year. Which is great! So looking t our status page it shows the sponsorship as approved and his applicated just listed as received. So just wondering, am I supposed to be seeing just his application and medical stuff as received or am I supposed to be seeing mention of his background check or anything else? There was no mention of it not being there or anything else being missing other than the things we've already sent, and I'm probably being paranoid, but I just wanted to make sure I'm seeing the right thing. And yes, I did notice some of you guys are waiting months and months. I suppose we just expected things to be moving faster as when we went for his medical check in Cardiff the doctor there said that she hadn't seen her future Canadians taking more than about 4 moths to be off and away. For reference we are doing the spousal sponsorship while both living abroad bit. Thanks for any help! And good luck on things moving along quick folks. :-)
Well, if it helps at all, my husbands application has been saying application recieved since may - and he was approved today! A couple weeks ago his medical said "recieved" on ecas...however, from what I have heard...there is no consistency with ECAs - the true wayt o find out how your doing....is to get the emails. lol. Stressful, i know! I have been beyond stressed since our application went to mississauga...

Good luck with everything!!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
Brennaboo - that is great news! Congrats And to Tom Honey too!!
Ah thanks Mrs G! and TSC!!!! I sware I was going to moonwalk into work i was so excited!!!

Thanks 123 as well! Best of luck with your application, it will feel so good to get it sent away!

And jaskp1....my "partner in immigration waiting"

So glad to stick it out with you - and very happy we both got our ppr's on the same day...would have been a sad day if one of us was left waiting!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ah thanks Mrs G! and TSC!!!! I sware I was going to moonwalk into work i was so excited!!!

Thanks 123 as well! Best of luck with your application, it will feel so good to get it sent away!

And jaskp1....my "partner in immigration waiting"

So glad to stick it out with you - and very happy we both got our ppr's on the same day...would have been a sad day if one of us was left waiting!!!
awwwww...

you're right... I never imagined 2 PPR's coming in on the same day... This just makes it so much more special!!

Honestly Brennaboo... I want to give u the biggest hug for making it so much easier for me as my "partner in immigration waiting" LOL... It would have been hell without u!!

Hope to meet u in Canada someday soon!!

P.S: I'm going to hand my passport in person tomorrow since I'm in London.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

LOL Brennaboo...

I liked what you said: a couple of stupid kids in love can do this with no experience in immigration applications...

hehe... I'd feel the same sometimes!! Owwww I'm soooo over the moon right now!! I can't wait till I hand my passport in tomorrow!!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jaskp1
LOL Brennaboo...

I liked what you said: a couple of stupid kids in love can do this with no experience in immigration applications...

hehe... I'd feel the same sometimes!! Owwww I'm soooo over the moon right now!! I can't wait till I hand my passport in tomorrow!!
OH! I wish we could do the same...*sigh...

Even if we were in the UK- my hubby is from the Outer Hebrides...so no matter the case we'd be mailing it!

*come on next day delivery to the UK! I'm not too sure it exists but i will pay an arm and a leg to get it to them asap.

Have fun!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

BrennaBoo and jaskp1, where are you living now, and who in the marriage with their spouse is Canadian. I am Canadian and my husband is English. We are living apart till he gets his PR. I am so excited for you both, I cannot even imagine how you all feel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.