Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Timeline - please add your experiences

where did you get your info re reduction in pnps due to financial crisis
would be most interested to learn more???

there is no limit on number of pnps for nova scotia so has this changed???
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:59 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
where did you get your info re reduction in pnps due to financial crisis
would be most interested to learn more???

there is no limit on number of pnps for nova scotia so has this changed???

Not that I'm aware of

Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Mrbadguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Our employer in Richmond has recently spoken to the pnp, and they have then spoken to our immigration consultant, voicing concerns that the pnp are now reluctant to approve applications due to the unknown future of its economy. I guess it depends on what jobs you are trying to get approved. My husband is a motor mechanic and was offered a job with Audi in Richmond which is part of the Cowell group, which is a major company. But apparently things are slowing down in the motor industry, but when we started all this back in May, the business was booming and they couldn't get enough people ..
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mrbadguy
Our employer in Richmond has recently spoken to the pnp, and they have then spoken to our immigration consultant, voicing concerns that the pnp are now reluctant to approve applications due to the unknown future of its economy
Do you know if this is just Nova Scotia or other provinces that are reluctant too? We're waiting for our PNP nomination from Manitoba, they said it would be 2-4 months and it'll be 4 months in 9 days' time...

Anita
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:13 am
Just Joined

We are applying in BC, and that is where i got this information from. But from what i gather this is a worldwide issue and until they are sure that there economy is stable, applications are not going to get as easily accepted.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mrbadguy
We are applying in BC, and that is where i got this information from. But from what i gather this is a worldwide issue and until they are sure that there economy is stable, applications are not going to get as easily accepted.
Sh!t I didn't think things were affected in Canada - all you hear / read is how stable their economy is and how house prices (in Manitoba anyway) have continued to rise steadily (much to our great annoyance ) - although someone on another thread said that could just be propaganda prior to the election next week

We just want to know one way or the other if we're going to get into Canada. I don't think you can contact them to chase up your PNP, can you...?

Anita
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by seanyg
Sh!t I didn't think things were affected in Canada - all you hear / read is how stable their economy is and how house prices (in Manitoba anyway) have continued to rise steadily (much to our great annoyance ) - although someone on another thread said that could just be propaganda prior to the election next week

We just want to know one way or the other if we're going to get into Canada. I don't think you can contact them to chase up your PNP, can you...?

Anita

I know how you are feeling, we are still waiting 16 weeks after application, it is so damn frustrating not knowing if it will be yes or no. We just want to know one way or the other, as life at the moment is just stuck still, as we can't do much here because of Canada!! (So sick of thinking about it!!)

We have tried chasing up our application but they wont tell you anything, so just a waiting game. As for their economy, i think it is slowing a little, but certainly not like in the UK, and it really does depend on what job you are trying to get into the country with.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:57 pm
hmm the waiting game....

Spectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant future

err Mr.Bad Guy are you positive about the information you provided above? Cause i am now worried a bit.

i havent got my file number yet... just waiting... its been 4 weeks now... argh!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

Thought I would add mine in case somebody is thinking of PEI

Applied for PNP in PEI in October 07
Accepted Novemeber
Medical requests Decemeber
Meds done Feb (only one doctor on the island qualified)
Meds Back and PPR May/ June
Landed Mid July O8

Very smooth easy process, meet with PEI immigration twice, once for help with the provincial paperwork and then for the federal.

All free no fees.

Hope it helps
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spectrum
err Mr.Bad Guy are you positive about the information you provided above? Cause i am now worried a bit.

i havent got my file number yet... just waiting... its been 4 weeks now... argh!
It is just the information that has been passed on to us from our immigration consultant and employer, who has recently spoken to the BC PNP.

We still have not heard anything after 16 weeks, but our immigration consultant said she is worried that this is no longer going to get accepted due to the bank crisis in the USA, and that having a knock on effect with the Canadian economy. Good thing is though that the US banks got bailed out, so maybe not so much to worry about.

We didn't get a file number for 6 weeks btw!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 4:09 pm
hmm the waiting game....

Spectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant futureSpectrum has a brilliant future

hmm... well you see every BC PNP officers gives out different answer... They say the file number will be given in 2 weeks... then i see actual people getting them roughly by 4 to 8 weeks.

in my opnion even officers dont know whats gonna happen.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 4:11 pm
hmm the waiting game....

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo
Thought I would add mine in case somebody is thinking of PEI

Applied for PNP in PEI in October 07
Accepted Novemeber
Medical requests Decemeber
Meds done Feb (only one doctor on the island qualified)
Meds Back and PPR May/ June
Landed Mid July O8

Very smooth easy process, meet with PEI immigration twice, once for help with the provincial paperwork and then for the federal.

All free no fees.

Hope it helps

WOW... thats fast.... whats the job market like in PEI?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:32 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seanyg

Anita
Hi Anita,

We have recently received nomination back from NS and I called and emailed them a few times through the 3mths processing time and they were always really helpful to explain any queries I had.

You have nothing to lose by dropping them an email, I suspect each province differs as far as how helpful they are

Good luck, hope you hear something soon
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:46 am
Just Joined

breech is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everybody,

Im under the sponsorship of my employer thru BC PNP. I'm a nurse. Health Match BC emailed me last week that they already forwarded my PNP application to BC Ministry of Economic Development.

How long should I wait before the approval?

Thank you very much..!!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

AOR and file number received today
they only got the application yesterday and it was only posted on Tuedsay !!

This is Nova Scotia PNP

huge luck all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.