Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

official refund policy from www.cic.gc.ca

official refund policy from www.cic.gc.ca

Old May 3rd 2006, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: official refund policy from www.cic.gc.ca

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
It kind of defeats the object of the political stand LOL but nice try hehehe
Maybe so.........but if I drank nearly $500 worth of beer it all might seem to make a bit more sense to me.....
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:56 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting BritishVixen - we don't land until 24 May 2006.... great news! Karma sent for making my night!

J
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenwren
Thanks for posting BritishVixen - we don't land until 24 May 2006.... great news! Karma sent for making my night!

J

LOL my pleasure! Tell you what woof woof il give you half and well both drink to see if it makes more sense, two drunks are better than one right??
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Diabolo will become famous soon enoughDiabolo will become famous soon enough
Question Re: official refund policy from www.cic.gc.ca

I am getting a refund. Planning on requesting it soon. But the process confuses me a little. Hope someone can clarify.

Note : I paid my fees to Buffalo NY

Description says
If you paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in another country before 12:00 a.m. EDT on May 3, 2006, and you have not yet received a visa, you can request a refund from the CIC mission where you paid the fee. If you do not request a refund, you will receive one when your visa is issued.

But the request form says , send it to Ottawa .

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resid-fee/rprf-form.pdf

Where should I send the request to ??
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

LOL my pleasure! Tell you what woof woof il give you half and well both drink to see if it makes more sense, two drunks are better than one right??
Right.........Have you ever seen a drunk on his own try to have a conversation with someone sober. I have when my mates took various pictures of me doing it :scared:
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woofwoof
Right.........Have you ever seen a drunk on his own try to have a conversation with someone sober. I have when my mates took various pictures of me doing it :scared:
I was t-total for 2 years and was usually the sober one its very funny to tell the person the next day what tehy said hehehe

I much prefer being the drunk.
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

I was t-total for 2 years and was usually the sober one its very funny to tell the person the next day what tehy said hehehe

I much prefer being the drunk.

Therefore keep your refund and waste it on getting p*ssed. . Consider it free beer from the Canadian government........ .
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Lionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the rough

Great news, thanks for posting!

The money will sure come in handy since I can't work and they're not rushing with my tax refund!

Last edited by Lionel_in_Ontario; May 3rd 2006 at 11:07 pm.
Old May 7th 2006, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

Sydney CIC website has put this new fee on its website. Please check link below.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/asia/au...mm_fees-en.asp

Originally Posted by Lionel_in_Ontario
Great news, thanks for posting!

The money will sure come in handy since I can't work and they're not rushing with my tax refund!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all

It kind of defeats the object of the political stand LOL but nice try hehehe

I have a question regarding the refund of the permanent residence fee. We actually "landed" in October 2005, stayed in Toronto for three days, and then returned to the US. We actually moved to Canada (Vancouver) permanently on October 17th, 2006. Are we entitled to a refund or does the actual "landing" make us automatic residents? I originally thought it did, but when we arrived in Vancouver three weeks ago, the customs officer told us that we weren't returning residents as we hadn't spent enough time in Canada...anyone?

Tracey
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:45 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You landed before RPRF was reduced, so refund doesn't apply to you.

If customs officer told you that you are not returning residents then it had absolutely nothing to do with PR status. You must have likely tried to claim something within returning resident custom exemption (just guessing).

Originally Posted by traceyparker1
I have a question regarding the refund of the permanent residence fee. We actually "landed" in October 2005, stayed in Toronto for three days, and then returned to the US. We actually moved to Canada (Vancouver) permanently on October 17th, 2006. Are we entitled to a refund or does the actual "landing" make us automatic residents? I originally thought it did, but when we arrived in Vancouver three weeks ago, the customs officer told us that we weren't returning residents as we hadn't spent enough time in Canada...anyone?

Tracey
Old Nov 1st 2006, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You landed before RPRF was reduced, so refund doesn't apply to you.

If customs officer told you that you are not returning residents then it had absolutely nothing to do with PR status. You must have likely tried to claim something within returning resident custom exemption (just guessing).
Thanks, Andrew! I thought as much but no harm in double checking...you're right about the customs exemption. The poor guy didn't know what to do about our goods to follow list - he initially wanted to mark it as a returning resident but then figured that we weren't as we hadn't spent more than 3 days in Canada. In the end, he just waved us through and all was well! Thanks again!

Tracey