Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Lost, reported and subsequently found PR card, is it still valid?

Lost, reported and subsequently found PR card, is it still valid?

Old Mar 24th 2017, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute
Question Lost, reported and subsequently found PR card, is it still valid?

Hey all,

I stupidly left my PR card in my wallet and misplaced my whole wallet a few weeks ago.

I reported my PR card missing to CIC using this form IRCC Web form on March 8th.

Some brilliant person put my lost wallet in a mailbox and it was delivered to me by Canada Post today, with all of my ID and PR card too!

My question is:

Is this card still valid to travel with? I have a business trip that I need to be on and I thought I might not be able to travel, but now am I still good?

Or who should I contact to ask?

Thanks!!
Old Mar 25th 2017, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost, reported and subsequently found PR card, is it still valid?

Originally Posted by conjonway
Hey all,

I stupidly left my PR card in my wallet and misplaced my whole wallet a few weeks ago.

I reported my PR card missing to CIC using this form IRCC Web form on March 8th.

Some brilliant person put my lost wallet in a mailbox and it was delivered to me by Canada Post today, with all of my ID and PR card too!

My question is:

Is this card still valid to travel with? I have a business trip that I need to be on and I thought I might not be able to travel, but now am I still good?

Or who should I contact to ask?

Thanks!!
I would be contacting IRCC 1 888 242 2100 as they will probably have flagged the PR card as lost so could lead to problems when using it.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I would be contacting IRCC 1 888 242 2100 as they will probably have flagged the PR card as lost so could lead to problems when using it.
Tried calling and can't get through to an agent, get lost in the jumble of automated responses. Am I missing something, or is this number just automated responses?
Old Mar 27th 2017, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You can actually speak to a live person by dialling that number but Im not sure if there is a quick way as opposed to going through the menus. Normally dialling 0 after a couple of menus might work.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You can actually speak to a live person by dialling that number but Im not sure if there is a quick way as opposed to going through the menus. Normally dialling 0 after a couple of menus might work.
Thanks, I actually did manage to get through to someone after trying several variations. My mistake was not waiting until the end of the 'auto responses' to hear the press '0' for an agent.

That option might not be available until you've heard their complete speech

Thanks for the help.