Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Lost passport - replacement visa possible?

Lost passport - replacement visa possible?

Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice
Exclamation Lost passport - replacement visa possible?

Hi all,

Hypothetical question at the moment, but I am about to entrust my UK passport to the Royal Mail to be sent off to get a visitors visa for a trip to Armenia...

I am terrified that it will go missing along with my shiny unactivated visa for PR to Canada.

We are due to land in December this year.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get new passport and new visa in it between October and December if need be??

Thanks!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

parker14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lost passport - replacement visa possible?

I would think not. I think you would need to re-apply from scratch. I personally would not take the risk of losing it before you activate it upon landing as these things are getting harder to obtain.

It's your call though.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice
Default Re: Lost passport - replacement visa possible?

Well the CHC in London called me 24 hours after I made an enquiry through their website, that was a surprise!

The answer is YES, you can get a replacement. But only after a whole bunch of red tape!

Royal Mail report would be needed, police report, return all documentation to London, and then await investigation and re-issue!

You would also NOT get an extension on your landing date, so if it did go missing in September/October 2010, all the above would have to be complete by 4th Feb 2011 so I could land before expiry.....

Lots of if's n buts, however good to know all the same!