LMIA Processing Time?!

Old Sep 3rd 2014, 12:19 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMIA Processing Time?!

I had a complete WTF moment today when I spoke to the company HR manager to find out that late on Friday she had a call from sevice Canada as they are sending the application back as the form changed on the 28th August. So will be the third month and third application form filled out. Is this the governments idea let's p@ss off employers till they give up?

So now the HR manager needs to send this new application form off just because one box has changed. Well doesn't look like my work permit is getting extended then

To be honest I'm completely hacked off with sevice Canada and then CIC haven't touched my pr ...... I'm going to be family friendly on the forum as this afternoon I could have used every expletive under the sun

Last edited by Mikeypm; Sep 3rd 2014 at 12:57 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
I had a complete WTF moment today when I spoke to the company HR manager to find out that late on Friday she had a call from sevice Canada as they are sending the application back as the form changed in the 28th August. So will be the third month and third application form filled out. Is this the governments idea let's p@ss off employers till they give up?

So now the HR manager needs to send this new application form off just because one box has changed. Well doesn't look like my work permit is getting extended then

To be honest I'm completely hacked off with sevice Canada and then CIC haven't touched my pr ...... I'm going to be family friendly on the forum as this afternoon I could have used every expletive under the sun
Oh my gosh, I can't believe this. Service Canada is totally miffing everyone off. No wonder the wait time over the phone was 30 minutes today. Can't they just ask employers to quickly check the box and fax the answer to them?

Why do they have to go and make things so complicated? I see the way their actions are making people so frustrated. Life's like this and they call and they ....... I ran out of ideas for paralleling the Avril Lavigne song. But seriously, they should think about the impact that they're having on people when they needlessly waste their time like this. This sort of thing borders on being downright unprofessional.

However, CIC is really picking up the pace with FSW applications (with respect to application dates) now that the early May backlog has been cleared. They're up to May 21st applications for credit card charging and up to May 14th applications for PER as of today. The most recent person who received PER only had to wait two weeks after their credit card was charged. So you might just make it or probably won't have to be on unpaid leave for more than a month.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

I had a complete WTF moment today when I spoke to the company HR manager to find out that late on Friday she had a call from sevice Canada as they are sending the application back as the form changed on the 28th August. So will be the third month and third application form filled out. Is this the governments idea let's p@ss off employers till they give up?

Really? I don't understand. You mean the form was valid when you sent it, but now isn't? And they reject on those grounds.

So sorry to hear that, Mike...
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 1:47 am

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc_guy
Oh my gosh, I can't believe this. Service Canada is totally miffing everyone off. No wonder the wait time over the phone was 30 minutes today. Can't they just ask employers to quickly check the box and fax the answer to them?

Why do they have to go and make things so complicated? I see the way their actions are making people so frustrated. Life's like this and they call and they ....... I ran out of ideas for paralleling the Avril Lavigne song. But seriously, they should think about the impact that they're having on people when they needlessly waste their time like this. This sort of thing borders on being downright unprofessional.

However, CIC is really picking up the pace with FSW applications (with respect to application dates) now that the early May backlog has been cleared. They're up to May 21st applications for credit card charging and up to May 14th applications for PER as of today. The most recent person who received PER only had to wait two weeks after their credit card was charged. So you might just make it or probably won't have to be on unpaid leave for more than a month.
The thing is I need PER whilst I still have time to extend my permit for the BOWP. Otherwise PER is pointless as it's my understanding I can't use it to get a work permit other than a bridging one .

Hopefully I get per before 4th October and then I think if I apply online whilst my TWP is still current then I could still get the BOWP and would be on implied status till I get the extension.

It really is a gong show at service Canada and do they not realises or care what impact they are having on people's lives?
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

bc_guy, you mean the FSW processing might be getting better, yes? That is once it reaches the VO?
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by dishwashing
bc_guy, you mean the FSW processing might be getting better, yes? That is once it reaches the VO?
I did notice someone the other day got his app in to the CIO Sydney begining of May and has received COPR. So just over 4 months, so if your app can get out of the grips of CIO Sydney there maybe light at the end of the tunnel.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Really? I don't understand. You mean the form was valid when you sent it, but now isn't? And they reject on those grounds.

Yes, you heard/understood him right.

The thing is I need PER whilst I still have time to extend my permit for the BOWP. Otherwise PER is pointless as it's my understanding I can't use it to get a work permit other than a bridging one .

Hopefully I get per before 4th October and then I think if I apply online whilst my TWP is still current then I could still get the BOWP and would be on implied status till I get the extension.

It really is a gong show at service Canada and do they not realises or care what impact they are having on people's lives?
I just re-checked the rules and unfortunately you're right about the pointlessness of PER if your TWP is expired. There's still hope for you though if you apply for your work permit extension inland using a paper application. According to the CIC website, it currently takes 58 days to get an extension with a paper application but only 8 days if you apply online.

Processing times: Temporary Residence

I can't say it with absolute certainty but I believe you'll have your PER by that time. Try to get on implied status before it expires. Send the paper application a week or two in advance of the expiration since it usually takes a while for them to acknowledge that they've received it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get PER, and a BOWP in the near-future.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

In that case I .. I would have thought as long as it was valid at the time of application.

Mike - fingers crossed for you, you never know, miracles do happen and if it is true that they are processing FSW more swiftly now, well here's to hoping.

Old Sep 3rd 2014, 2:50 am

They didn't reject the application as such they basically stopped processing until the new form was completed. But it's a gong show to ask for an application to be processed on a new form that was created after the application was received.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 2:51 am

In that case I .. I would have thought as long as it was valid at the time of application.

Mike - fingers crossed for you, you never know, miracles do happen and if it is true that they are processing FSW more swiftly now, well here's to hoping.

Thanks I'm hoping the crossing of fingers helps
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 2:57 am

I just re-checked the rules and unfortunately you're right about the pointlessness of PER if your TWP is expired. There's still hope for you though if you apply for your work permit extension inland using a paper application. According to the CIC website, it currently takes 58 days to get an extension with a paper application but only 8 days if you apply online.

Processing times: Temporary Residence

I can't say it with absolute certainty but I believe you'll have your PER by that time. Try to get on implied status before it expires. Send the paper application a week or two in advance of the expiration since it usually takes a while for them to acknowledge that they've received it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get PER, and a BOWP in the near-future.

I think if I get PER end of September then if I apply same day online for the BOWP and then keep working past the expiry date of my current work as I'd be on implied status until I get the BOWP in the mail.

Maybe I need to say a prayer to the Immigration gods
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 3:05 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I think if I get PER end of September then if I apply same day online for the BOWP and then keep working past the expiry date of my current work as I'd be on implied status until I get the BOWP in the mail.

Maybe I need to say a prayer to the Immigration gods
Yes Mike, provided you have PER prior to your TWP expiring (even the day of) you could apply online and be on implied status whilst it is being processed.

Old Sep 3rd 2014, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Yes Mike, provided you have PER prior to your TWP expiring (even the day of) you could apply online and be on implied status whilst it is being processed.

Thanks Siouxie thanks for backing up my theory
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

They didn't reject the application as such they basically stopped processing until the new form was completed. But it's a gong show to ask for an application to be processed on a new form that was created after the application was received.
Understand...fingers crossed the fingers crossed works
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 3:45 am

Understand...fingers crossed the fingers crossed works
Thanks I'm crossing my toes too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.