IEC IMPLIED STATUS AND PNP

Old Aug 25th 2013, 3:05 am
Just Joined

catmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nice
Default IEC IMPLIED STATUS AND PNP

Hi guys I really need some help here. I have applied under the PNP around June 24th time. I have received receipt of application and an email stating that it will take around 8-12 weeks to process. The only issue is my IEC visa expires in around 24 days and I am so stressed and worried waiting for this decision. What do I do to be able to stay and continue working? Any help or advice would be appreciated. I've heard from some people I can get implied status but don't really know how to go about this.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC IMPLIED STATUS AND PNP

Originally Posted by catmann
Hi guys I really need some help here. I have applied under the PNP around June 24th time. I have received receipt of application and an email stating that it will take around 8-12 weeks to process. The only issue is my IEC visa expires in around 24 days and I am so stressed and worried waiting for this decision. What do I do to be able to stay and continue working? Any help or advice would be appreciated. I've heard from some people I can get implied status but don't really know how to go about this.
No Implied Status on the IEC. You must stop working until you get your PNP nomination letter or you get an LMO from an employer. You could also apply to change over to visitor status by applying online or leaving Canada and re-entering as a visitor until PNP decision is made.
Again no Implied Status on IEC.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 6:02 am
Just Joined

catmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nice

Oh I heard you could apply for an extension of your IEC visa which would be automatically rejected but would take upto 60 days for an official rejection. Ill just have to hope my PNP comes through in the next 24 days as I can't leave work otherwise my PNP application won't be able to proceed without my employment. Thanks for your reply
Old Aug 25th 2013, 9:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I heard you could apply for an extension of your IEC visa which would be automatically rejected but would take upto 60 days for an official rejection.
Nope, that only applies to 'normal' TWP's, as they are extendable, IEC's are not so as FL said there's no implied status with them.

But you could switch to a visitor visa if you wanted to stay, although that doesn't help you keep working.

What's the job, it's not by any chance LMO exempt it is? If so, you could just get a normal TWP to keep working.

And which province are you in?
Old Aug 26th 2013, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nope, that only applies to 'normal' TWP's, as they are extendable, IEC's are not so as FL said there's no implied status with them.

But you could switch to a visitor visa if you wanted to stay, although that doesn't help you keep working.

What's the job, it's not by any chance LMO exempt it is? If so, you could just get a normal TWP to keep working.

And which province are you in?
I'm in British Columbia and I work for Shaw cable I'm not sure if its LMO exempt.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 3:49 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in British Columbia and I work for Shaw cable I'm not sure if its LMO exempt.
You can find out by going to the CIC website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit.asp
Old Aug 27th 2013, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You can find out by going to the CIC website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit.asp
doesnt look like my job falls under that category. I contacted PNP and they said and i quote "we are not here to update on timescales". Ive just applied for my police certificate from the UK and am getting all my paperwork ready to send off as soon as my PNP letter comes back. I also didnt mention that i am currently in a same sex relationship with a canadian i met here we got engaged last month and planned on marrying next year but possibly could bring the wedding forward all depending on the status of my visa. We havent live together for 12 months yet so we cant apply as common law. Thanks for all your responses