Help with visa

Old Oct 24th 2017, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Oikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with visa

Thanks for all your help
I have been looking at jobs and there seem to be a few about
Would I be better trying to get in initially on a work visa and then after a year of Working apply for my permanent resedancy visa
Old Oct 24th 2017, 3:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oikford
Thanks for all your help
I have been looking at jobs and there seem to be a few about
Would I be better trying to get in initially on a work visa and then after a year of Working apply for my permanent resedancy visa
As you don't have enough points to qualify for express entry at present, look at how many points you would get if you had a valid job offer and/or 1 or 2 years Canadian work experience **.

If this brings you up to the minimum of 67 points (or above) then you have a chance of gaining PR through Express Entry. If neither a valid job offer nor work experience in Canada (or both) bring you over the 67 point mark, then you would have to have a rethink on how you could get more points.

The suggestion that christmasoompa made about Provincial nomination could be another route for you. Do look into the Atlantic Pilot project and Global Talent Streams as that may be a way for you to gain PR.

** Edited to add, please read Engineer_abroad's post regarding Canadian Experience Class after 1 year of working in Canada - I totally forgot that!

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 24th 2017 at 3:40 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
As you don't have enough points to qualify for express entry at present, look at how many points you would get if you had a valid job offer and/or 1 or 2 years Canadian work experience.

If this brings you up to the minimum of 67 points (or above) then you have a chance of gaining PR through Express Entry. If neither a valid job offer nor work experience in Canada (or both) bring you over the 67 point mark, then you would have to have a rethink on how you could get more points.

The suggestion that christmasoompa made about Provincial nomination could be another route for you. Do look into the Atlantic Pilot project and Global Talent Streams as that may be a way for you to gain PR.

Just a note that if the OP had at least one year skilled Canadian work experience they may qualify for CEC rather than FSW at which point the FSW score of 67 points is irrelevant. Who can apply: Canadian Experience Class

Would still need to get sufficient CRS points to stand a chance of selection.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 3:39 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Just a note that if the OP had at least one year skilled Canadian work experience they may qualify for CEC rather than FSW at which point the FSW score of 67 points is irrelevant. Who can apply: Canadian Experience Class

Would still need to get sufficient CRS points to stand a chance of selection.
Agh! Yes, you are correct, sorry! I've added a note to my post.

Thanks for picking up on that - appreciated!