Express Entry tool question...

Old Nov 23rd 2017, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Cornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to all
Default Express Entry tool question...

Hi all

We've just completed the online Express Entry application tool (the full one needing the GC login key).

Having literally just hit 'Submit', we've had an email to say that we've got a message in the system.

According to the system, we're not eligible for entry.

There are no scores displayed, the system says that the submitted date is tomorrow, and there's a message saying that if we're not eligible but no scores are displayed, to check back in 24 hours.

Is this 'normal'? Given that the email arrived within about 30 seconds of clicking submit, does it open an account then update later?

Last time we looked at the points, I thought that we were OK without a job offer.
Have just gone through the online CRS tool and it's saying 346.

If we can get a job offer, 546.

So........ Without a job offer, am I right in thinking that we basically can't go any further?
Am I being hoping that the "no" message is just while the system is being updated?

Thanks for any advice in advance. Feeling rather upset about it at the moment....
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry tool question...

Originally Posted by Cornfedapache
Hi all

We've just completed the online Express Entry application tool (the full one needing the GC login key).

Having literally just hit 'Submit', we've had an email to say that we've got a message in the system.

According to the system, we're not eligible for entry.

There are no scores displayed, the system says that the submitted date is tomorrow, and there's a message saying that if we're not eligible but no scores are displayed, to check back in 24 hours.

Is this 'normal'? Given that the email arrived within about 30 seconds of clicking submit, does it open an account then update later?

Last time we looked at the points, I thought that we were OK without a job offer.

So........ Without a job offer, am I right in thinking that we basically can't go any further?
Am I being hoping that the "no" message is just while the system is being updated?

Thanks for any advice in advance. Feeling rather upset about it at the moment....
Which EE route. Remember if its FSW you also have to meet the 67 points plus in that stream.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So you're in one of the few occupations that give 200 points for a job offer/LMIA?

In any event, your CRS scores aren't a factor. You could score really low on that and you can still enter the pool if you are eligible under one of the EE programs. As FL has asked, is that FSW?

If so, are you definitely scoring enough as a FSW? What amount did you put for your funds, and have you had your IELTS and ECA results back?
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Cornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to all

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
So you're in one of the few occupations that give 200 points for a job offer/LMIA?

In any event, your CRS scores aren't a factor. You could score really low on that and you can still enter the pool if you are eligible under one of the EE programs. As FL has asked, is that FSW?

If so, are you definitely scoring enough as a FSW? What amount did you put for your funds, and have you had your IELTS and ECA results back?
Hiya

I'm really confused now... From going through the tool, it didn't ask to choose a stream - it just asked lots of questions about family set up, education, funds etc.

We used the Express Entry tool here: Fill out your profile: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

For funds, we went for $18k (2 people moving, so this is above the minimum needed). We have have the ECA back this week (hurrah) and passed IELTS with good scores back in the summer (I got all 9s, my OH got either the top mark or the one just below).

We've just received another message with a letter saying that we're ineligable. Reasons may include:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

RE the 200 points for a job - that's just using the CRS calculator which I linked to before...

Sorry if this all sounds a bit dense... I'm a touch out of the loop with the latest changes as put everything on hold while we waited for the ECA to come back, but this feels like a setback...
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Also...

We've just noticed an error we made in the submission of the EE profile which may have knocked our points down.

The website says that we can use the "UPDATE" button to, well, update. But it's just saying 'Transmitted' at the moment, and there's only a 'VIEW' button.

Do you know if this will change when all of the scores are updated in their system?

The error is in part of the work history which would dramatically reduce the work experience points....

Thank you
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 12:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I suspect if work experience isn't put in properly then that will be the problem, it would make you below the 67 point minimum for FSW. You don't get to choose the program you apply under, CIC do, but you need to be eligible under at least one of the programs to even be able to enter the pool.

If you can't update the work experience section and get that sorted, can you delete the profile and try again?

Re: the 200 points for a job offer and LMIA (note just a job offer isn't enough), only these occupations are eligible -

0011 Legislators
0012 Senior government managers and officials
0013 Senior managers - financial, communications and other business services
0014 Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
0015 Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services,
0016 Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities

All other occupations get 50 points, so do check in to that as that will obviously have a big impact on your chances of being selected from the pool. 396 would mean pretty much no chance, 546 would mean instant selection, so a big difference and worth looking in to.

Good luck.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Ah, I suspect if work experience isn't put in properly then that will be the problem, it would make you below the 67 point minimum for FSW. You don't get to choose the program you apply under, CIC do, but you need to be eligible under at least one of the programs to even be able to enter the pool.

If you can't update the work experience section and get that sorted, can you delete the profile and try again?

Re: the 200 points for a job offer and LMIA (note just a job offer isn't enough), only these occupations are eligible -

0011 Legislators
0012 Senior government managers and officials
0013 Senior managers - financial, communications and other business services
0014 Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
0015 Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services,
0016 Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities

All other occupations get 50 points, so do check in to that as that will obviously have a big impact on your chances of being selected from the pool. 396 would mean pretty much no chance, 546 would mean instant selection, so a big difference and worth looking in to.

Good luck.
Thanks Christmas - as usual you're wonderfully wonderful

We will wait 24h to see if we can update the system. If not, we'll delete and try again!

Re the job points... My OH will be the principal applicant because he's got a degree & I haven't.
My work experience however would put me in 0013 (which is my last full time job role code). He could apply to 0012 or 0014 jobs, I think, but the experience to job code line isn't as clear cut as mine.

If he is the principal applicant because of his degree and I got a LMIA 0013, does that combination work? Or does the principal applicant have to have all of the goodies?
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 12:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

If he is the principal applicant because of his degree and I got a LMIA 0013, does that combination work? Or does the principal applicant have to have all of the goodies?
It would make no difference to his points I'm afraid, it would have to be his job offer for points purposes. But if you find it easier to get a job offer then you might find that you set up an EE profile too and then after a year's work in Canada and a job offer for 0013 you'd score enough?
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

It would make no difference to his points I'm afraid, it would have to be his job offer for points purposes. But if you find it easier to get a job offer then you might find that you set up an EE profile too and then after a year's work in Canada and a job offer for 0013 you'd score enough?
Yes, I'm wondering if that's a way forward too...

For the purposes of getting into the country, if the input error is corrected and gives us enough FSW points (for arguments' sake), is that enough to start applying for work like demons?

Basically, if we can get into the country and work, then I think we'll be OK for PR/citizenship with points etc. It's the first bit I'm stressing about!
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 1:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

For the purposes of getting into the country, if the input error is corrected and gives us enough FSW points (for arguments' sake), is that enough to start applying for work like demons?

Basically, if we can get into the country and work, then I think we'll be OK for PR/citizenship with points etc. It's the first bit I'm stressing about!
You don't need to have enough FSW points for a work permit, they're two separate visas. You can job hunt now, no requirement to be in the EE pool or eligible under FSW at all.

HTH.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

You don't need to have enough FSW points for a work permit, they're two separate visas. You can job hunt now, no requirement to be in the EE pool or eligible under FSW at all.

HTH.
Interesting... A lot of the job applications I've been seeing said that you must have the right to work in the country already...

Hmmm... Back on that trail then
Old Nov 24th 2017, 9:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Interesting... A lot of the job applications I've been seeing said that you must have the right to work in the country already...
That's because the company aren't prepared to sponsor visas or apply for a LMIA for applicants, but it's their own requirement, not a CIC one.

There is no need for you to be in the EE pool, or to have any PR application underway, to be able to apply for jobs (or to job hunt - it's perfectly legal, and in fact recommended, for you to go to Canada and job hunt in person just as a visitor). If you can get a job offer, you'd go over on a LMIA/TWP usually, and then apply for PR once there working.

HTH.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

That's because the company aren't prepared to sponsor visas or apply for a LMIA for applicants, but it's their own requirement, not a CIC one.

There is no need for you to be in the EE pool, or to have any PR application underway, to be able to apply for jobs (or to job hunt - it's perfectly legal, and in fact recommended, for you to go to Canada and job hunt in person just as a visitor). If you can get a job offer, you'd go over on a LMIA/TWP usually, and then apply for PR once there working.

HTH.
Thank you

Just resubmitted the EE application with the corrected work history, so waiting for "Computer Says Yes". EDIT - Computer Said Yes 346 points though, so it's job hunting time...

We're about to go heavily back into researching LMIA etc. Am I right in thinking that any job offer has to be LMIA-ok'd even for a temporary role? I think that's where I got pretty confused in the past...

Last edited by Cornfedapache; Nov 26th 2017 at 4:33 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 5:20 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thank you

Just resubmitted the EE application with the corrected work history, so waiting for "Computer Says Yes". EDIT - Computer Said Yes 346 points though, so it's job hunting time...

We're about to go heavily back into researching LMIA etc. Am I right in thinking that any job offer has to be LMIA-ok'd even for a temporary role? I think that's where I got pretty confused in the past...
1/ Yes, most temporary jobs require a LMIA. Unless you are eligible for some of the programs such as International Experience Canada.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1/ Yes, most temporary jobs require a LMIA. Unless you are eligible for some of the programs such as International Experience Canada.
Thanks - that's what I was thinking...