Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

partner spent a year in Australia 2005, police report?

partner spent a year in Australia 2005, police report?

Old Nov 25th 2017, 8:09 am
Just Joined

David198 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default partner spent a year in Australia 2005, police report?

Hi,

My partner spent a year in Australia in 2005 for our PR application. I am unsure if we need to get a police report from Australia for the year she spent there in 2005? Looking at the online form on the Australia police website we cannot submit any of the secondary information such as medicare, bank account detail, credit card account details etc.. to me it seems like a form for PR's of Aus only.

During the express entry process will this get flagged up? I have looked on here and couldn't find any other threads regarding time spent in other countries and police reports.

Any help will much appreciated.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: partner spent a year in Australia 2005, police report?

If your partner was over 18 at the time they were living in Australia they need an Australian Police Certificate.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../australia.asp

They need a Standard Disclosure (NOT a Complete Disclosure: that will be rejected). A Standard Disclosure is obtained in the online process by selecting the code referred to in the link above in the section where it asks for Purpose of the Check.

You can apply online

As well, they need driving history records if they lived in either Queensland or Victoria.

Last edited by Snowy560; Nov 25th 2017 at 8:41 am.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 12:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Snowy560
If your partner was over 18 at the time they were living in Australia they need an Australian Police Certificate.

How to Get a Police Certificate – Australia

They need a Standard Disclosure (NOT a Complete Disclosure: that will be rejected). A Standard Disclosure is obtained in the online process by selecting the code referred to in the link above in the section where it asks for Purpose of the Check.

You can apply online

As well, they need driving history records if they lived in either Queensland or Victoria.
Hi thanks for the help, I have searched everywhere on the AUS police website and used the links above but cannot locate the standard disclosure form.

I gave them a call and it has to be done over the phone, so will call back when their office is open.

Last edited by David198; Nov 26th 2017 at 12:24 am.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

If you click on the link given within the link I gave above and then select National Police Checks, you'll find a further link to the online Application portal. Ensure you enter the correct code as indicated in the IRCC link above to generate the correct police certificate (Standard Disclosure).

Applying for driving records (if required) is a separate, State specific process.

Last edited by Snowy560; Nov 26th 2017 at 2:29 am.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 2:37 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David198
Hi thanks for the help, I have searched everywhere on the AUS police website and used the links above but cannot locate the standard disclosure form.

I gave them a call and it has to be done over the phone, so will call back when their office is open.
Originally Posted by Snowy560
If you click on the link given within the link I gave above and then select National Police Checks, you'll find a further link to the online Application portal. Ensure you enter the correct code as indicated in the IRCC link above to generate the correct police certificate (Standard Disclosure).

Applying for driving records (if required) is a separate, State specific process.
https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/se...-police-checks
Attached Thumbnails partner spent a year in Australia 2005, police report?-australia-national-police-check.jpg   partner spent a year in Australia 2005, police report?-australia-national-police-check-1.jpg   partner spent a year in Australia 2005, police report?-australia-national-police-checks.jpg  

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 26th 2017 at 2:46 am.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 3:47 am
Just Joined

thank you, it was how to use the application from that I didn't understand, I ticked the passport as a primary document then ticked one of the bottom secondary documents to get the 1oo points. Once I got pass that bit what you mentioned above made sense.

Thanks for the help.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

To reiterate again because it is so important: ensure you choose the correct code identified in the IRCC link or you will get the wrong certificate as many have. Read the "If you are not a citizen of Australia, if you live outside Australia" section.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../australia.asp

Good luck!!