Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Curious about my current working status

Curious about my current working status

Old Oct 11th 2017, 3:44 am
Just Joined

englishman111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Curious about my current working status

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of how my implied status works for my bridging visa (work permit to permanent residency) if my PR application has already been denied?

Do I still have implied status until they make a decision about my bridging visa?

How long after the cic responds about my bridging visa application will my implied status last for?

I have been told I have to re start my PR application as I submitted a 'Complete disclosure' police clearance rather than 'Standard disclosure' for my time in australia.

I was also sent an 'eta' a few days ago after receiving the decision about my PR application, I wasn't sure if that meant i'm now on a tourist visa?

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2017, 7:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Curious about my current working status

Originally Posted by englishman111
I have been told I have to re start my PR application as I submitted a 'Complete disclosure' police clearance rather than 'Standard disclosure' for my time in australia.
Out of interest, who told you that, was it directly from CIC?

Your ETA is only authorisation to travel and doesn't confer any visitor status, and your BOWP will be refused, so you need to sort your status out asap. One essential bit of info missing from your post is what status you've been on whilst in Canada - are you on a work permit and if so, when does/did that expire?
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:18 am
Just Joined

englishman111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Curious about my current working status

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Out of interest, who told you that, was it directly from CIC?

Your ETA is only authorisation to travel and doesn't confer any visitor status, and your BOWP will be refused, so you need to sort your status out asap. One essential bit of info missing from your post is what status you've been on whilst in Canada - are you on a work permit and if so, when does/did that expire?
Yes i was on a 2 year work permit which has no expired, however i applied to have that extended which now it has (it was previously short because I had to renew my passport) so I now have status again. and as for who told me yes that was an email from the cic after I sent of the enquiry form and all my previous police checks from australia.