Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship - Pictures attached via paperclip

Citizenship - Pictures attached via paperclip

Old Oct 12th 2017, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice
Default Citizenship - Pictures attached via paperclip

Sorry, this should be it for questions :-) Figured separate threads was better.

In the guide, it says:
"don’t staple, glue or otherwise attach the photo directly to the application."

Do you think paperclipping them onto a separate sheet of paper would violate this? My plan was to keep them in the tiny folder/holder that they came in (from Costco), and then paperclip that to a blank sheet of paper. I want to avoid them falling out and ending up in some random place in the application (or worse, falling out entirely!).

I think the above is what I did for PR, but I remember it stating paperclips were ok. I don't believe paperclips would violate what the guide says as I don't think that counts as attaching them directly (compared to glue/staple), but thought I'd see what the rest of you think.

Thanks!

Graham.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship - Pictures attached via paperclip

Figured I should at least give an opinion on this after all your help.

Paper clip the envelope to a separate sheet of paper and you should be fine or ......
When I did the PR ones, I simply placed the envelope from London Drugs in there and labelled it.

Without sounding funny they must be trained to look for these and take a bit of extra care.

P.S. Dread to think of the backlog, now that way more people are suddenly eligible to apply.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship - Pictures attached via paperclip

For my wifes PR application, I put the photos in an A4 sized white envelope with a flap, the labelled the envelope using a magic marker saying 'PHOTOGRAPHS' and put that in with the other forms in the same order as the checklist.

Didnt want photos to get lost or unclipped in the CIC postroom or run the risk of them being missed in the first check and getting the pack rejected (yes, it happens!).