Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship - Which Order to Submit Additional Documents

Citizenship - Which Order to Submit Additional Documents

Old Oct 12th 2017, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice
Default Citizenship - Which Order to Submit Additional Documents

Hey all,

Sorry for another question :-)

For my wife, she needs to submit some of the additional documents, in particular the ones for a name change due to marriage.

If you look at the document checklist (picture attached), then that section comes at the end of the mandatory ones (i.e. after the various forms, photos and fees). Are they expecting therefore for these additional docs to be attached at the very end in the same order as the checklist? Or would it be better putting them before photos/fees (I imagined fees would come last regardless).

I don't suppose it'll ultimately matter, but thought I'd get some opinions.

Thanks!

Graham.
Attached Thumbnails Citizenship - Which Order to Submit Additional Documents-document-checklist-full.jpg  
Old Oct 12th 2017, 7:46 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship - Which Order to Submit Additional Documents

Hi

Originally Posted by graham1710
Hey all,

Sorry for another question :-)

For my wife, she needs to submit some of the additional documents, in particular the ones for a name change due to marriage.

If you look at the document checklist (picture attached), then that section comes at the end of the mandatory ones (i.e. after the various forms, photos and fees). Are they expecting therefore for these additional docs to be attached at the very end in the same order as the checklist? Or would it be better putting them before photos/fees (I imagined fees would come last regardless).

I don't suppose it'll ultimately matter, but thought I'd get some opinions.

Thanks!

Graham.
1. Everything in the checklist order, any others at the end.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Everything in the checklist order, any others at the end.
Thanks!

The only exception is the PR Card, etc. (as per the other thread) as they're obviously not on the checklist, but are on the guide. As you said, I should include one and I have done. I figured I'd place it before the passport biographical pages, as it lists it that way on the guide. It then keeps it beside stuff that is closely related.

Any issues with that approach?

Graham.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Graham,

I would put all supporting docs at the end as per PMM's response.
It asks for one piece of additional photo info. I figured PR card and driving license cannot hurt.

Also for my wife, we are including all docs/bios with her maiden name and married name.

Again, guide or form is misleading because it states passports or travel docs as per step 3 whereas the application form says and/or as per 14a).

Glad we are not the only ones.