Canadian working visa

Old Jun 27th 2017, 9:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian working visa

Originally Posted by Hannah jackson
Ok it hasn't said if I'm eligable however based on my answers for EE I had a score of 371 points
So did it say you weren't eligible? You need to be eligible as a skilled worker to be eligible to even enter the EE pool, so that's the first hurdle.

If you can't get an answer from the tool for some reason, then you can work it out yourself. Are you scoring 67 points or more on this grid? Six selection factors – Federal skilled workers

I don't see how you can be with no post-secondary education, but your CRS score is higher than I would have thought, so it's worth checking.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian working visa

Originally Posted by Hannah jackson
Ok it hasn't said if I'm eligable however based on my answers for EE I had a score of 371 points
That's a bit higher than I can see how you got - would you mind providing the breakdown?

You've told us you're 30 (105 points), with no qualifications past GCSEs (so 30 points if that's considered high school graduation, 0 if it isn't), we're assuming you get 136 for English. So far, that's 271. Did you mistype that as 371? Because even if you speak perfectly fluent French (24 points) and have years of skilled work experience (50), that's still only 345.

All of that is, of course, only relevant if you get over 67 in the first test and get into the EE pool, as christmasoompa has noted.