Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Which is the best way to stay in the country

Which is the best way to stay in the country

Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

suelawrence is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which is the best way to stay in the country

Hi

im hoping someone can help me im currently in canada on the international experiance program, i am in my second year and looking to stay in canada. Which is the best option for me to do either a work permit which i dont think i will be approved on the LMO or apply for residency? could anyone tell me what my other options are or where i can gain this information?

Thank you
Sara
Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all
Default Re: Which is the best way to stay in the country

Look at the CIC website, it has all the info there.... Good luck

Roger
Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Thank you do you have a link as ive looked on the cic website and it doesnt state if i am really eligable to apply for PR.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:28 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suelawrence
Hi

im hoping someone can help me im currently in canada on the international experiance program, i am in my second year and looking to stay in canada. Which is the best option for me to do either a work permit which i dont think i will be approved on the LMO or apply for residency? could anyone tell me what my other options are or where i can gain this information?

Thank you
Sara
You will need to find an employer willing to apply for the LMO. You will not be allowed to apply for residency unless you have an occupation on THE LIST, which is presently suspended. One option is education, if doing that is of interest to you.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

Have a look
Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:47 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

TWP is your only work option. If you go on a study visa, you will have to pay international fees and limited work opportunities.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

How do i apply for a TWP?
Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

It depends on what you do for work and can the employer obtain an L M O for the position, look at the CIC website and the other link above.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp
Old Sep 18th 2012, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Thank you
Sara
which province and what job you are working at?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

im in ontario. i work as a assistant manager in a mac's convience store.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

im in ontario. i work as a assistant manager in a mac's convience store.
You might wish to enquire further as to whether Mac's have already got pre-approval to hire foreign workers. OR... they may already have been issued positive LMOs recently enough to enable them to apply for an A-LMO for you... maybe.

Going by this quote on their 'foreign worker program' link here:

http://www.macs.monstermediaworks.ca/Community.html

Originally Posted by Mac's
FOREIGN WORKER PROGRAM
In support of bringing in new skills and knowledge to the
workforce, Mac’s and it’s Business Partners work directly with
Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC),
Service Canada(SC) and Citizen and Immigration Canada
(CIC) to ensure that the employment of foreign workers fills
Mac’s labour shortages but also supports Canada's
economic growth.
It's worth checking as high as you can with people at Mac's until you find someone who knows what they are talking about that can answer your questions on LMOs etc. It's certainly encouraging I'd say if nothing else.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

thank you so much for your help
im feeling more positive now
x
Old Sep 26th 2012, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

Due to a bump by someone I just noticed this thread of yours:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=770566

There you say you have a PR card - were you confusing this with something else perhaps? Because if you have one, that of course means you already have a way to stay in the country but this thread suggests you don't.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siphorous
Due to a bump by someone I just noticed this thread of yours:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=770566

There you say you have a PR card - were you confusing this with something else perhaps? Because if you have one, that of course means you already have a way to stay in the country but this thread suggests you don't.
No I don't have a PR card, I'm using a friends log on details to the expat forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.