Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London April/May 2011 - Progress updates.

AOR from London April/May 2011 - Progress updates.

Old Mar 7th 2013, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London April/May 2011 - Progress updates.

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Yep I know - would expect that after medicals, it all starts to move - but I guess that's not a given, as your case shows.

We haven't even had meds reqs yet - dreading getting the 'update docs and possibly hang around for another 18 months' letter, TBH. Really just want to get med reqs and to start making firm plans with all this.

When were you looking to go over, Gareth?

We, or rather, I am still harboring fantasies of getting over before September and school for my daughter, but truthfully, it's not really likely. My OH would just laugh at that by now....

Anyway, good luck - here's to hearing something v soon for you (and us!)
Hi,
Myself and My wife are ready to go now - living with family, no property, and just have a few bits to ship & also just doing temp/self employed work so could be gone withing 3 weeks once PPR comes.
Also got work lined up and a place to live in Toronto - so even more frustrating!!
Fingers crossed for you
Old Mar 13th 2013, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point

PPR!!!

Email this morning for passport copy request!!

My wife is going to London tomorrow to drop off package and then pick up in 2 weeks.

Only problem is the is no info on the email about dropping off?? do they send you details normally?

Excited to get to Canada now - gonna book flights for 2nd week of april!!

G
Old Apr 21st 2013, 8:20 am
say BananasInPyjamas 10x

feedo is an unknown quantity at this point

my 6-12 month ended on 18th April 2013 , haven't received any emails and of course any post mail will take at least 1-2 weeks , any body received anything ? I think the 18 month wait thingy is being sent by email .. am I right ?
Old Apr 21st 2013, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by feedo
my 6-12 month ended on 18th April 2013 , haven't received any emails and of course any post mail will take at least 1-2 weeks , any body received anything ? I think the 18 month wait thingy is being sent by email .. am I right ?
HI Feedo - my date of letter (6-12mo) is next Sat - 26th, though my bfd date on GCMS report says 19th April, and no news for us, either. I think the other wait letter is via email - not certain though. I noted from other forums that some have had their files moved to Paris, which is then followed swiftly by med reqs. I dunno.... let's see what happens - I will be sending an email next Sunday (day after 12 months from letter), for sure, but expect an automated 'still processing' reply, tbh.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 11:25 am
say BananasInPyjamas 10x

feedo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by witchileiz
HI Feedo - my date of letter (6-12mo) is next Sat - 26th, though my bfd date on GCMS report says 19th April, and no news for us, either. I think the other wait letter is via email - not certain though. I noted from other forums that some have had their files moved to Paris, which is then followed swiftly by med reqs. I dunno.... let's see what happens - I will be sending an email next Sunday (day after 12 months from letter), for sure, but expect an automated 'still processing' reply, tbh.
Yeah that's why I was asking , I think the BFD is 1 year after the In Process date on ECAS , not the letter , but again they are so close to each other , it's becoming so frustrating , having the fact that they can at any point of time treat us as the 2008 backlog , it's even more disappointing , I dunno if we should consider applying under the new system or changing the destination completely to Australia - for example.

I hope we will have any 'swift' act soon till now it's all turtle movements .