The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Originally Posted by sms1984
When will they refresh the numbers and start again?
Which numbers are you referring to Sara? If you can clarify exactly what you mean, then hopefully we can help.

Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:52 am
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

The 500 applications taken for each different trade. My partner wants to apply as a skilled worker with a mechanics trade but the cap has been reached.

Thanks

Sara
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The 500 applications taken for each different trade. My partner wants to apply as a skilled worker with a mechanics trade but the cap has been reached.
Ah, I see. Well, it'll be reset on 1st July but 'the list' of eligible occupations is due to change then too, so there's no guarantee that your partner's job will still be on it.

Having said that, I see from your other thread that you are planning on going over on a work permit? So remember that the cap only applies to FSW cat 1 ('the list' of 29 occupations, or whatever it is after 1st July), and that if you apply under FSW cat 2 (arranged employment) then there is no cap.

HTH.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:04 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Thanks. I have looked into arranged employment but would that mean an LMO would have to be done first? My partners step dad was able to work in Canada after an LMO was done and him and my partners mother have now just about been granted citizenship after 4 years. Are they then able to sponsor my partner when they are Canadian citizens? It's so complicated lol
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks. I have looked into arranged employment but would that mean an LMO would have to be done first? My partners step dad was able to work in Canada after an LMO was done and him and my partners mother have now just about been granted citizenship after 4 years. Are they then able to sponsor my partner when they are Canadian citizens? It's so complicated lol
Yes, you'd need either a LMO/TWP or AEO to apply as FSW cat 2.

As for your in-laws, which province do they live in? Normally a parent cannot sponsor an adult child, but some provinces do have family streams under their PNP's that would allow them to, and they wouldn't need to be citizens to do so.

Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:09 pm
Happy in Alberta

They live in Alberta
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

They live in Alberta
Oh, what a shame they didn't look in to it earlier.

They would have been able to sponsor you and your partner under the Alberta PNP as PR's, but unfortunately the Family Stream was stopped in 2010. http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ly-stream.aspx

So they cannot sponsor you, but if your partner qualifies for FSW cat 1, then at least you do have another option. Best thing to do is keep an eye on the list and hope that his occupation is still on it after 1st July (which NOC is it btw?).

If it's one of the more popular NOCs then he might want to get his IELTS booked now, as that'll take a couple of months, so that you can apply as soon as possible after 1st July, but it will depend on whether he wants to spend the money on the IELTS without knowing for sure that he will be eligible after July.

Good luck!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 5:33 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

No news, sigh!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 7:06 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Oh, what a shame they didn't look in to it earlier.

They would have been able to sponsor you and your partner under the Alberta PNP as PR's, but unfortunately the Family Stream was stopped in 2010. http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ly-stream.aspx

So they cannot sponsor you, but if your partner qualifies for FSW cat 1, then at least you do have another option. Best thing to do is keep an eye on the list and hope that his occupation is still on it after 1st July (which NOC is it btw?).

If it's one of the more popular NOCs then he might want to get his IELTS booked now, as that'll take a couple of months, so that you can apply as soon as possible after 1st July, but it will depend on whether he wants to spend the money on the IELTS without knowing for sure that he will be eligible after July.

Good luck!
He is a mechanic, I hope it's still on the lost or I dont think we have another way of going over
Old Apr 30th 2012, 7:24 pm
Happy in Alberta

He is a mechanic, I hope it's still on the lost or I dont think we have another way of going over
So at which point would you normally need to do your IELTS? I am finding this so confusing
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

What kind of mechanic? Is he a supervisor (so NOC code 7216) or a heavy duty equipment (i.e. bulldozers etc NOC 7312)?

So at which point would you normally need to do your IELTS? I am finding this so confusing
He needs to send his IELTS results with his application, so must take the exam before. Have you downloaded the application pack from the CIC website? Make sure you've got the document checklist, that will tell you exactly what he'd need to send in his application, so you'll know what you need to get done before.

HTH.

Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

oliverjude will become famous soon enougholiverjude will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cde219
Hey Guys,

I thought I would join your timeline if thats ok

well we sent our FSW (noc 7312) app off on the 23/03/2012 and Sydney received it on the 02/04/2012 and charged our card on the 05/04/2012!

So now its just the waiting game to see if we get to the next stage and if we made it into the cap so we have everything crossed its succesful

good luck guys and I will keep you updated
Our timeline has been similar to yours FSW sent March 24 re-sent April 15 , received 20/04/2012, CC charged 25/04/2012, email today 30/04/2012 saying in processes and send to Buffalo (we are already in Canada on a TWP, applying under AEO.

It's moved so fast, that we are hoping it will carry on this way and we get 120 email very soon. Would hate to pack up and head back to the UK.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:38 pm
Never Live to Regret

staceyhall71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oliverjude
Our timeline has been similar to yours FSW sent March 24 re-sent April 15 , received 20/04/2012, CC charged 25/04/2012, email today 30/04/2012 saying in processes and send to Buffalo (we are already in Canada on a TWP, applying under AEO.

It's moved so fast, that we are hoping it will carry on this way and we get 120 email very soon. Would hate to pack up and head back to the UK.
AS IF you 2 have had your cards charged!!!! I sent mine one day after cde in april and heard NOTHING yet !!! gutted
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:46 pm
Never Live to Regret

staceyhall71 is an unknown quantity at this point

So can it take months for a reply to say they have received it? And to charge your card or is everyone different. HOW annoying!!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

cde219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oliverjude

hey oliver!

Good luck mate and no we deffo dont want to see you packed up and heading back!!
But we have everything crossed everything is speedy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.