£5000 Bonds

Old May 29th 2008, 9:01 pm
RJM
Just Joined

RJM is an unknown quantity at this point
Question £5000 Bonds

hello everyone,

I have just been told that, the process between becoming a permanent resident in canada to being made a canadian citizen,one is charged a £5000 bond per person which is refundable once citizenship has been granted.

In that once you become a PR you then pay a £5000 bond per person until citizenship is granted and then they will give you back your £5000.

Is this true??
I have to say that I have never read this info on any websites!!

Any input anyone?!

RJM
Old May 29th 2008, 9:05 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: £5000 Bonds

Originally Posted by RJM
hello everyone,

I have just been told that, the process between becoming a permanent resident in canada to being made a canadian citizen,one is charged a £5000 bond per person which is refundable once citizenship has been granted.

In that once you become a PR you then pay a £5000 bond per person until citizenship is granted and then they will give you back your £5000.

Is this true??

Any input anyone?!

RJM
Not true
Old May 29th 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJM
hello everyone,

Is this true??

Any input anyone?!

RJM
Complete nonsense. Just curious where did you hear this?
Old May 29th 2008, 9:21 pm
RJM
Just Joined

RJM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Complete nonsense. Just curious where did you hear this?
Elaine B

My sister-in-law reckons she knows for sure !!!!!but who from, now that remains uncertain!!!
A touch of the " green eyed Monster " perhaps !!

RJM
Old May 29th 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJM
Elaine B

My sister-in-law reckons she knows for sure !!!!!but who from, now that remains uncertain!!!
A touch of the " green eyed Monster " perhaps !!

RJM
Perhaps If she comes up with any more odd statements about Canada at least you know you can come here to double check.
Old May 29th 2008, 9:45 pm
rolling uphill

edsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud of

Complete horsedung. Ignore everything you hear except on the CIC's website.
Old May 29th 2008, 10:12 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

It's true. You do. Just send me the money and I'll pass it on to the authorities on your behalf.
Old May 29th 2008, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bazzz
It's true. You do. Just send me the money and I'll pass it on to the authorities on your behalf.
SAD !!!
Old May 30th 2008, 12:44 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twink001
SAD !!!
Everyone knows this scheme is administered in Toronto, not Vancouver. I'm the primary contact for it, but since it's you it'll be $5,000 not pounds. Just cause we're friends and all...
Old May 30th 2008, 11:42 am
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bazzz
you always crack me up bazzz... well most of the time anyway
Old May 30th 2008, 4:23 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

No need to say anything more on this thread (closed) as the original question has been answered.