Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

spousal sponsorship-various countries

spousal sponsorship-various countries

Old May 30th 2008, 10:17 am

canconfused is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spousal sponsorship-various countries

Hi,
Does anybody have any insight on how applications are dealt with and how background checks are carried out (spousal sponsorship) when the principal applicant has lived in different countries (for greater than six months)?

My husband and I lived together in a non-english speaking country for a few years, and then in the UK for a few years (he is british, i am canadian).

Also as the canadian sponsor do they do background checks on me for the time i lived abroad? i dont have any proof that i obtained correct residency status during the years i lived outside canada. would that cause any kind of problem? (we are saying we lived together during this time, as we did, and our children were born in these countries, i reported as being a factual resident to revenue canada).

He has already obtained his police certificate and is getting it translated.

can we expect further delays due to this?
will his application be passed onto this other country?
is there anything we can do to avoid extra delay?
Old May 30th 2008, 4:35 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spousal sponsorship-various countries

You are married, have children and are still together. Just prove that and stop worrying. You will not be asked for police certificates - just your husband. He needs to show where he has been living since his 18th birthday. Just follow the guide from the website.