GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by k800mer
I do not think anyone that is fit to work and between 16 and 65 should be able to claim more in benefits than the minimum wage for a 35 hour week less tax and national insurance plus child benefit.
I think if benefits were limited like that a lot of people would go out to work instead of sponging off the rest of us who have worked and paid tax and national insurance and are now still paying tax on our pensions
Equally galling is the obvious lack of morals this man has in applying and receiving maximum help from the very system he asserts is unworthy of his religious beliefs!!. It's like a 'fit' man taking food from the 'leper' by his definition that he doesnt want around!!!. So much for his high fluting principles? Where are the real 'believers'? They should be taking him by the throat and booting him out to the desert.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:22 pm
Banned

renegade is on a distinguished road

hi all
and a special hi to jonny five who for some reason has decided for one reason or another that the fact i havent been on this site for a while is a topic of conversation and has decided to highlight the fact in his ranting reply to my post,and i quote jonny five
"Thank you for making your annual visit to the forum and taking the time to preach to us all." i mean who the hell do you think you are,,you sit in front of a pc and type your rhetoric and think that because you POST quite often than anyone else,
expressing a view contorary to what you believe means that you have the authority to sit there and type the sort of rubbish that you have and that people should read this and respect your views,,,,get a life mate
as for introducing reasons as to why we should feel guilty,,its quite the contrary,listening to your responses and looking back through a lot of your posts its quite abvious to the neutral minded on this site that in actual fact you are the one who has blinkered vision on a lot of issues
the first statemnet you make which springs to mind is, and i quote "DECENT BRITISH PEOPLE " exactly what do you define as decent british people ?
secondly your ranting about a sensitively emotional british town is pure s""te
do you live in wooton bassett ? do you have family living there? have you ever been there ?? i think not,,,you read bull+++te in bulls++te controlled papers and make your judgements
thirdly your nationalist views are best served elsewhere,,,
this is a great site but the likes of people like you and a lot more on here and there views are best served elsewhere,,,,,yes you do post a lot and so do a lot of other people on here but then theres me and a lot of others who dont post a lot but originally come on here due to property issues etc and then sift through threads etc and decide to make a contribution only to receive a whole lot of sh==e from the likes of you
oh and before i forget i cant wait to hear your rants on here once the loony left are out of power your lovely right are in
and one more thing i never loose sight on the issue
Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:43 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Now thats what I would call a "rant"

not even a pause for punctuation....................

Last edited by johnny five; Jan 9th 2010 at 4:47 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:55 pm
Banned

renegade is on a distinguished road

mate im not ranting but after my annual visit i end up bearing the brunt of youre blinkered vision of the world i am now declaring to all on this site that i will not be visiting this site again
most of you have your ars++s up your heads,,,you spend so much time on here ranting to anyone that will listen,,you actually loose sight of the real issues

blimey its like de javu and this "jonny i post every day and must point out you havent been on here for ages,,,get a bl++dy life

over and out
and heres to finding a decent portal on india travel
Old Jan 9th 2010, 5:19 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renegade
mate im not ranting but after my annual visit i end up bearing the brunt of youre blinkered vision of the world i am now declaring to all on this site that i will not be visiting this site again
most of you have your ars++s up your heads,,,you spend so much time on here ranting to anyone that will listen,,you actually loose sight of the real issues

blimey its like de javu and this "jonny i post every day and must point out you havent been on here for ages,,,get a bl++dy life

over and out
Bye bye
GC
Old Jan 9th 2010, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sunglow
I am aware that Mr Anjem Choudary was born in the UK. He is 42, highly qualified with a law degree and has had a university education.

WHY ON EARTH IS HE NOT MADE TO WORK FOR HIS LIVING?

Sunglow.
Apparently Sunglow he does work for a living - for a little known Muslim organisation who pay him on or below the minimum wage. Hence he is able to claim all these benefits This is what his British obtained university education has taught him!!!! I despair

Oh yes bye bye renegade.

Last edited by Daff; Jan 9th 2010 at 5:35 pm. Reason: Added a farewell
Old Jan 9th 2010, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Daff
Apparently Sunglow he does work for a living - for a little known Muslim organisation who pay him on or below the minimum wage. Hence he is able to claim all these benefits This is what his British obtained university education has taught him!!!! I despair
This loophole wants closing!

If this person chooses to stay in a low paid job then that is fair enough and it is his or her choice. However when it is clear that a person can obtain WELL paid work in their qualified field or to suit their educational skills where they can support themselves then he or she should do so or have their benefit cut.

Why should the British Tax Payer supplement his or her income to the sum of £500 a week, tax free INDEFINITELY? Which this is on top of his or hers minimum wage. It is a dam disgrace compared to what our soldiers earn. The British Benefits needs a major overhaul.

Sunglow.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Renegade,(anybody there), Definition;`Decent British People`...The silent majority. Easy.

If this dickhead,Choudry, is being paid less than the min. wage, shouldn`t his money be made up to the min. wage? Aren`t his employers bound by law to pay the min. wage? I receive 77 quid a week pension. Would this go to 500 if I lived in the UK?

It`s head up arse. (a test?)

Regards,
Davie.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 3:01 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=davidhendry;8233524]Renegade,(anybody there), Definition;`Decent British People`...The silent majority. Easy.

If this dickhead,Choudry, is being paid less than the min. wage, shouldn`t his money be made up to the min. wage? Aren`t his employers bound by law to pay the min. wage? I receive 77 quid a week pension. Would this go to 500 if I lived in the UK?

It`s head up arse. (a test?)

Well said - I was just thinking why he was not paid the minimum wage - but then there is one rule for them and one for us. This surely should stop his major top ups. .
Old Jan 10th 2010, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

There is a legal obligation to pay minimum wage in the UK.

However, I would not be surprised if the anti British organisation he 'works' for has UK charitable status giving differing flexibilities of accounting and accountability, opportunities for public funding by donation and from UK local and central governement and perhaps he has a 'consultancy' role? By his public protestations, it would not be too difficult to guess the tone, direction and motive of any possible 'consultancy' which might involve the facilitation of the patriation to the UK of like minded individuals. Proselytization of their fundamentalist anti British ideas from within British shores is certainly their agenda, as is recruitment to their 'cause'. Though some of this is supposition, one would expect MI5 to have a clearer watchful understanding.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of American Foreign Policy, and the sometimes unfortunate British association through our so called 'special relationship' with the US (at least Harold Wilson had the good sense to detach ourselves from the gruesome folly in Vietnam) such persons as Choudry, even though they may be British citizens, vent an extreme unwillingness to assimilate into the broader culture of Britain, even to positively contribute to it's multicultural diversity.

They loathe the very society which allows them democratic and human rights of free speech whilst advocating an extremist and hate filled social, cultural and political manifesto which by definition is positively anti democratic, often times barbaric, and would drag human society back to the Dark Ages. The expression of such vile religous dogma is demonstrably dangerous to the greater good, most definitely 'the enemy within', and should be dealt as a threat to internal security within the UK.

Sharia law, and its parallel system of justice to our indigenous system with all its faults and inconsistencies, but honed over centuries of examination and amendment, has no place in the UK even though it is knowingly being practiced in cities throughout the UK. It is an alien system that has no place in Britain and its practice and judgements are illegal as being outwith the judicial process of law of H.M. Government.

As far as I know, most claims for benefits, including Housing Benefit and Council Tax Relief are subject to the person having less than £6,000 in savings or investments. Tapering adjustments (adversely to the claimant) on the amount of benefit are made between £6,000 and £16,000. Anyone of working age with savings or assets above £16,000 is exempt from entitlement to these benefits, which may even include Job Seeker's Allowance or Incapacity Benefit. Perhaps someone at the Department of Works and Pensions could clarify? The system is riddled with loopholes which is why Britain is the 'must get to' destination in Europe not only for economic migrants, but enemies of the State.

Why wage an unwinable 'war' in Afghanistan to impose democratic ideals on tribal factions who have no taste for democracy, only the syphoning off of massive amounts of 'military' and 'humanitarian' aid into warlords pockets, and the futile training up of semi literate 'Afghan Security Militia' who will only turn their partisan guns on those who so expertly trained and armed them in the first place?

I do not see any de radicalisation in Pakistan, only billions of dollars squandered, and a radicalisation within UK and around the world. Foreign presence in Afghanistan is a vast squandering of human life and Western resources, and a 'recruiting sergeant' for the 'jihadists' who will declare oppression and injustice at any excuse whilst operating from and infiltrating our shores and society. To add insult many are funding themselves by the corruption and exploitation of a once principled and benign UK Welfare State.

If America is so rightly concerned about the nuclear capability of Pakistan, move in and take control of it, stop trying to buy them off. It is hard to conjure up a much more dangerous example of a rogue State having weapons of mass destruction!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by babu1
There is a legal obligation to pay minimum wage in the UK.

However, I would not be surprised if the anti British organisation he 'works' for has UK charitable status giving differing flexibilities of accounting and accountability, opportunities for public funding by donation and from UK local and central governement and perhaps he has a 'consultancy' role? By his public protestations, it would not be too difficult to guess the tone, direction and motive of any possible 'consultancy' which might involve the facilitation of the patriation to the UK of like minded individuals. Proselytization of their fundamentalist anti British ideas from within British shores is certainly their agenda, as is recruitment to their 'cause'. Though some of this is supposition, one would expect MI5 to have a clearer watchful understanding.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of American Foreign Policy, and the sometimes unfortunate British association through our so called 'special relationship' with the US (at least Harold Wilson had the good sense to detach ourselves from the gruesome folly in Vietnam) such persons as Choudry, even though they may be British citizens, vent an extreme unwillingness to assimilate into the broader culture of Britain, even to positively contribute to it's multicultural diversity.

They loathe the very society which allows them democratic and human rights of free speech whilst advocating an extremist and hate filled social, cultural and political manifesto which by definition is positively anti democratic, often times barbaric, and would drag human society back to the Dark Ages. The expression of such vile religous dogma is demonstrably dangerous to the greater good, most definitely 'the enemy within', and should be dealt as a threat to internal security within the UK.

Sharia law, and its parallel system of justice to our indigenous system with all its faults and inconsistencies, but honed over centuries of examination and amendment, has no place in the UK even though it is knowingly being practiced in cities throughout the UK. It is an alien system that has no place in Britain and its practice and judgements are illegal as being outwith the judicial process of law of H.M. Government.

As far as I know, most claims for benefits, including Housing Benefit and Council Tax Relief are subject to the person having less than £6,000 in savings or investments. Tapering adjustments (adversely to the claimant) on the amount of benefit are made between £6,000 and £16,000. Anyone of working age with savings or assets above £16,000 is exempt from entitlement to these benefits, which may even include Job Seeker's Allowance or Incapacity Benefit. Perhaps someone at the Department of Works and Pensions could clarify? The system is riddled with loopholes which is why Britain is the 'must get to' destination in Europe not only for economic migrants, but enemies of the State.

Why wage an unwinable 'war' in Afghanistan to impose democratic ideals on tribal factions who have no taste for democracy, only the syphoning off of massive amounts of 'military' and 'humanitarian' aid into warlords pockets, and the futile training up of semi literate 'Afghan Security Militia' who will only turn their partisan guns on those who so expertly trained and armed them in the first place?

I do not see any de radicalisation in Pakistan, only billions of dollars squandered, and a radicalisation within UK and around the world. Foreign presence in Afghanistan is a vast squandering of human life and Western resources, and a 'recruiting sergeant' for the 'jihadists' who will declare oppression and injustice at any excuse whilst operating from and infiltrating our shores and society. To add insult many are funding themselves by the corruption and exploitation of a once principled and benign UK Welfare State.

If America is so rightly concerned about the nuclear capability of Pakistan, move in and take control of it, stop trying to buy them off. It is hard to conjure up a much more dangerous example of a rogue State having weapons of mass destruction!

Hi Babu1,

Thanks for such an informative reply.

Like you have requested maybe a person from the DWP could respond.

"DESTINATION BRITAIN MUST GO! MUST HAVE BENEFITS"

Is this how immigrants see the UK?

Sunglow.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 5:52 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunglow
Hi Babu1,

Thanks for such an informative reply.

Like you have requested maybe a person from the DWP could respond.

"DESTINATION BRITAIN MUST GO! MUST HAVE BENEFITS"

Is this how immigrants see the UK?

Sunglow.
yes!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renegade

over and out
Renegade - just in case you decide to read this. This site is for expats in Goa hence the name and is not meant for general travellers in India. Our moans are because the Goan Parliament and the Indian Government have moved the goalposts and are making life very difficult for expats by threatening to confiscate property which was bought legally but the purchase was subsequently made illegal by the moving of the goalposts and changing visa availability. I strongly object to people like you who know nothing of the situation a lot of us are in being gratuitously obnoxious.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by k800mer
Renegade - just in case you decide to read this. This site is for expats in Goa hence the name and is not meant for general travellers in India. Our moans are because the Goan Parliament and the Indian Government have moved the goalposts and are making life very difficult for expats by threatening to confiscate property which was bought legally but the purchase was subsequently made illegal by the moving of the goalposts and changing visa availability. I strongly object to people like you who know nothing of the situation a lot of us are in being gratuitously obnoxious.
Hi K800mer,

Well said! You have said what many of us our feeling.

THE GOALPOSTS HAVE BEEN MOVED!

We purchased in good faith and this should be respected and we should be allowed to sell if and when we choose and at the the market value.

Thank goodness the High Commission have come in and I hope they can sort this bag of worms out!

Sunglow.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Poppetjay - now we know what goes off in Arpora

http://www.telegraphindia.com/110011...y_11965618.jsp

When is the next pasta and wine party - maybe Noni and I can get an invite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.