Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Potential Bordeaux move in 2018

Potential Bordeaux move in 2018

Old Sep 30th 2017, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potential Bordeaux move in 2018

Originally Posted by Scots in Treignac
Thanks Cyrian . I've looked and it's a good translation(for me anyway).

It will be sometime before I return to Treignac and visit the Tresor (if it doesn't get shut down; its hours have been much reduced).

I think I will phone HMRC and see if they know of a French Tax helpline.

Ignorance is no excuse, but neither France or the UK have a simple system for people like me who haven't a clue what to do.
With tax in both countries it is sometimes like the blind leading the deaf.
Apologies to anyone who considers that to be not politically correct.
Old Oct 1st 2017, 9:49 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scots in Treignac
I was a bit taken aback when I saw this on one of the sites mentioned on this forum.

Under the UK-France double taxation treaty rental incomefrom a UK property is taxed in the UK as that is where it arises.

While rental income is not directly taxed in France, itshould still be declared as it is taken into account in calculating the tauxeffectif – the effective rates of tax applying to your other income that isdirectly taxable in France, such as investment, salary or pension income

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Archive/Don-t-pay-tax-in-wrong-country

For my own piece of mind , it might be better for me to contact the French Tax Authorities- for clarification and information if nothing else.
I started small scale Chambres d'hote on the understanding that the French Government /Tax authorities allowed one to earn about 4.500 euros before being liable for tax.

The other thing that niggles is that my bank persuded me a long time ago to take out a"Livre A" -or something like that which is a bit like an ISA.
Again , it seems weird to have an account savings that is excempt from tax when I'm not (at the moment) a tax payer. The Bank (CA) knows I am not a French Resident because they send all correspondence to Scotland
Sorry to jump in, but where does this figure come from ? I mean, somebody mentioned this to me (wanting to rent out my house furnished) and I tried to find proof that this is right, but cannot find any info.
Thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje
Sorry to jump in, but where does this figure come from ? I mean, somebody mentioned this to me (wanting to rent out my house furnished) and I tried to find proof that this is right, but cannot find any info.
Thanks
Hi

Sorry, I dont know the answer to your question but I seem to remember from somewhere that there is something like that in the UK.

Here are a couple of articles that may help.

https://www.frenchentree.com/living-...ome-in-france/

https://www.french-property.com/guid...-accomodation/

And another couple:

https://www.frenchentree.com/french-...ome-in-france/

https://www.ft.com/content/51fa615a-...6-cddde55ca122

HTH

Last edited by cyrian; Oct 2nd 2017 at 6:56 am. Reason: addition
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 7:15 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

OK, thanks for that
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

read it in Le Monde in 2007
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

But things do change from year to year, and generally not to the advantage of the average taxpayer.
Here's something a little more recent 2013.