Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

"Oh Mandy ............"

"Oh Mandy ............"

Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:01 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Oh Mandy ............"

Quite out of my box laughing at the News tonight - in America some "rappers" have been making neighbours' lives hell with loud music etc and they live a few doors down from the Police station.

They have ended up in court and the judge, who seems a tad innovative, has sentenced them (for crimes against music and disturbing the peace by the sound of it) to being shut in a room with continuous playing of a mix of the following:

1. Theme tune from Barney and Friends
2. Barry Manilow
3. Some geezer (who sounds as if his whatsits haven't yet dropped) warbling "Only Yew, can make the world seem right" whom I cannot admit to ever hearing of or my reputation will be knackered for ever, but could be Roy Orbison.

They are reformed characters apparently. Think I would be too, shut in a room with bloody Barry Manilow ...........:curse:

Quite made my day! Stay cheerful, rappers!!!

Now, if this happened in France, what would the "punishment music" be do you think? Any offers? James Blunt maybe? Or the geezer who sang "Caravan", whoever he was ..................
Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:05 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Oh Mandy ............"

you came,and you gave without taking.............
I bloody hate Barry Manilow,he is the devils work,how come I know the words
Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:20 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Think yourself lucky, I had to buy a Barry Manilow CD last year for my mother - oh the embarrassment in the shop. This year, I plan to wear a disguise. And, to top it all, behind me was an old student of mine! That hit the grapevine running I bet, and now my reputation as Small But Deadly has been wrecked forever ................
Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Andrea50

Think yourself lucky, I had to buy a Barry Manilow CD last year for my mother - oh the embarrassment in the shop. This year, I plan to wear a disguise. And, to top it all, behind me was an old student of mine! That hit the grapevine running I bet, and now my reputation as Small But Deadly has been wrecked forever ................
a balaclava is good,trust me...I have neices
Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:29 pm
Grey Bombshell

Oh wonderful, got a pink one?

They are a bit dodgy to wear to the bank though, those guys in there have NO sense of humour at all .................
Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:31 pm

Oh wonderful, got a pink one?

They are a bit dodgy to wear to the bank though, those guys in there have NO sense of humour at all .................
I know...they didn't think much to my water pistol at all.......I thought it was funny
Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:36 pm
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
you came,and you gave without taking.............
I bloody hate Barry Manilow,he is the devils work,how come I know the words

Say what you like about Bazza, he had a nose for success

Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:40 am
Grey Bombshell

Oh Lord, that surely HAS to be distorted - he can't really look like that? He looks like a Yak (and sings like one too IMHO).

That conk would enter a room at least 5 minutes before the rest of him would.

He's supposed to be a multi-millionaire whatsit isn't he? Why can't he afford a nose job? I could lend him my chainsaw - that would keep the cost down ....

Ewood, is that going to be your new Avatar?
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

The whole forum's gone chainsaw crazy - do you want my nightmares to persist?!

James Blunt would be torture. Just repeat the line "you're beautiful, you're beautiful it's true" over and over for hours on end. If it didn't reform you, it would render you mentally retarded.

Chris de Burgh might be an alternative, although speaking as one who has had the misfortune of seeing them live - Cradle of Filth will take away your raison d'ĂȘtre!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:33 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Rick Astley over and over would put me off music for life !
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:57 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Lord, that surely HAS to be distorted - he can't really look like that? He looks like a Yak (and sings like one too IMHO).

That conk would enter a room at least 5 minutes before the rest of him would.

He's supposed to be a multi-millionaire whatsit isn't he? Why can't he afford a nose job? I could lend him my chainsaw - that would keep the cost down ....

Ewood, is that going to be your new Avatar?

No way, I wish to retain what remains of my reputation
Old Nov 26th 2008, 11:08 am
Grey Bombshell

Originally Posted by G-J-B
The whole forum's gone chainsaw crazy - do you want my nightmares to persist?!

James Blunt would be torture. Just repeat the line "you're beautiful, you're beautiful it's true" over and over for hours on end. If it didn't reform you, it would render you mentally retarded.

Chris de Burgh might be an alternative, although speaking as one who has had the misfortune of seeing them live - Cradle of Filth will take away your raison d'ĂȘtre!
OMG, reminds me of that song: just replace the word "football" :

"We're chainsaw crazy
We're chainsaw mad
We're chainsaw crazy
Let's make it really bad.......

We're cuttin up our gardens
We're cuttin down our trees
We're cuttin up the whole damn world
Just don't cut off yer knees

We'll dance around our chainsaws
We love em theyr'e so sweet
We'll clean and oil them all night long
And then cut off our feet

We'll juggle with our chainsaws
We'll juggle all the day
We'll throw em up and catch em
Cos that's the "chainsaw" way

We've all gone chopping crazy
We've all gone chopping mad
We'll all end up with OCD
And that's just really sad

So if you haven't got one
You can't be "in the club"
So get yerself a chainsaw
(but don't use it in the tub)

GJB, whatever you dreamed about it cant be as bad as the nightmare I had last night about Barry Manilow m8.

He was chasing me with a chainsaw ...................

You should have kept that visit to a CdB concert quiet - I can see that causing you to become A Legend on Expats forever.

When Cleri comes in, you can do a sole rendition of Lady in Red

Mind you, one slip with the old chainsaw, we'd all be wearing red ....

Lorna, you win the award for remembering The Dopiest Song of All Time sweetie!

Ewood, I see your avatar has been deleted again - fast on the way to joinin' Stan on his extended "fishing trip" I see ..... What was it this time? A naked version of Gordon Brown cutting up Peter Mandelson with a chainsaw?

Sweet Dreams to all.