Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

'tis the Bloto season .....

'tis the Bloto season .....

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:55 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'tis the Bloto season .....

Talking of lotto's as we were, just saw first Bunch of Christmas Drunks outside Tesco's whilst shopping today - getting ready for the Blotto season. I was hoping someone would pelt em with turkey legs.

Oh I miss France! Never saw such stuff over there in the car park at Intermarche, just the bloke from the mairie dressed up as a Funny Chicken, surrounded by sweet little kids ............. (sigh)

So different here now, and reading the lovely descriptions of people having fun in the villages for loto made me homesick for Lot.

Happy Sunday to all.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:01 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'tis the Bloto season .....

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Talking of lotto's as we were, just saw first Bunch of Christmas Drunks outside Tesco's whilst shopping today - getting ready for the Blotto season. I was hoping someone would pelt em with turkey legs.

Oh I miss France! Never saw such stuff over there in the car park at Intermarche, just the bloke from the mairie dressed up as a Funny Chicken, surrounded by sweet little kids ............. (sigh)

So different here now, and reading the lovely descriptions of people having fun in the villages for loto made me homesick for Lot.

Happy Sunday to all.
I wonder if turkey legs are really suitable for clothing them? Right, what happened to Lot? Didn't he - not it was his wife - get turned into a pillar of salt for looking back. Have faith Andy and look forward.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:05 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, that would please The Salt Police wouldn't it? Loads of Salt People all milling about(boom boom, pun, gedit, milling, pepper as in pepper and salt!!)

And what happens to Salt People when it rains? Suppose they could stand around someone's lettuces and melt gently into God's Good Earth and protect some tender plants at the same time.

Now Tres, you know I'm a phillistine - who's that bloke then?
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:12 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

I believe he was a reasonably close relative of Adam and Eve or Noah and his partner Yannick I can't remember which. He had to escape from somewhere fun - might have been Soddom and Gomorrah - and God - his creator so to speak - suggested that he get out before he (God) destroyed "that evil place where bad things abound and the police don't get you" but the catch was they mustn't look back or - you get it - they turned to salt - well she did hence people like a lot of salt on their food as she was a great cook but rather liked naughtly but nice spicy food. Maybe.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:16 pm
Grey Bombshell

Originally Posted by treskillard
I believe he was a reasonably close relative of Adam and Eve or Noah and his partner Yannick I can't remember which. He had to escape from somewhere fun - might have been Soddom and Gomorrah - and God - his creator so to speak - suggested that he get out before he (God) destroyed "that evil place where bad things abound and the police don't get you" but the catch was they mustn't look back or - you get it - they turned to salt - well she did hence people like a lot of salt on their food as she was a great cook but rather liked naughtly but nice spicy food. Maybe.
Oh Gawd, an intellectual, I knew it! Well, I never knew Noah was gay, and I thought Yannick Noah was a French Tennis Player or did he ride horses or something?

Don't tell me there's somewhere called Soddam? And NO WAY am I looking THAT up on Google, I'm still recovering from the disgusting pictures I got when trying to find out about Joan Jett and the Blackheads .....................
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't tell me there's somewhere called Soddam? And NO WAY am I looking THAT up on Google, I'm still recovering from the disgusting pictures I got when trying to find out about Joan Jett and the Blackheads .....................[/quote]

It's okay Andy, deep breaths - or another glass of JD - you wont find it, it's under the Dead Sea
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:42 pm
Grey Bombshell

Ah, under the sea. That makes it nearly as wet at Devon then.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, under the sea. That makes it nearly as wet at Devon then.

went for a walk at Utah Beach this afternoon - someone had obviously had a good party there going on the number of empties in the rubbish bin
and no, I wasn't rummaging in it - they had spilled onto the floor
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:44 pm
Grey Bombshell

Where's all this stuff about Soddum and Gamorah and Yannick and Noah and The Dead Sea all written down? I am feeling a bit left behind here, I need to do some reading up to be able to keep pace with you intellectuals ..........
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:48 pm
down under where

Where's all this stuff about Soddum and Gamorah and Yannick and Noah and The Dead Sea all written down? I am feeling a bit left behind here, I need to do some reading up to be able to keep pace with you intellectuals ..........
You remember that book you used to spit on before the chap with the big horn came for tea - well it was called the bible and it has the Soddum bit - for the rest may I suggest you read Bickersdyke's Memories of Drowning in the Dead Sea.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:49 pm
Grey Bombshell

Originally Posted by val50
went for a walk at Utah Beach this afternoon - someone had obviously had a good party there going on the number of empties in the rubbish bin
and no, I wasn't rummaging in it - they had spilled onto the floor
What a shame, I've heard of Utah Beach, is it where the troops landed? Presumably American troops. I think it's sad that these places which should be places of remembrance really should be almost desecrated like this. But then again, you can't cordon off a beach I suppose.

Can't imagine you rummaging in a bin Matron, you'd get your nice white uniform dirty! I have been known to raid the odd skip though, mainly when I woke up in one the day after the night before in "olden times" if you get my drift!! Got two nice cane chairs once, remember they lasted longer than MFI ..........
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:53 pm
down under where

What a shame, I've heard of Utah Beach, is it where the troops landed? Presumably American troops. I think it's sad that these places which should be places of remembrance really should be almost desecrated like this. But then again, you can't cordon off a beach I suppose.

Can't imagine you rummaging in a bin Matron, you'd get your nice white uniform dirty! I have been known to raid the odd skip though, mainly when I woke up in one the day after the night before in "olden times" if you get my drift!! Got two nice cane chairs once, remember they lasted longer than MFI ..........
Look I've got to go so stop making me smile please. I feel a double-entendre coming on and I've not had a bath yet.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:53 pm
Grey Bombshell

You remember that book you used to spit on before the chap with the big horn came for tea - well it was called the bible and it has the Soddum bit - for the rest may I suggest you read Bickersdyke's Memories of Drowning in the Dead Sea.
Ah, that. Yep, read that at school, but I was still young enough to skip the boring bits looking for the juicy bits if you get my drift.

With advance apologies to all god-fearing in here and anywhere else, and to maybe save me being struck by lightening, I regret I didn't even believe the juicy bits once I learned about astro physics and all that. Mind you, I only got into that because I was looking up The Big Bang ....................
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:55 pm
Grey Bombshell

Look I've got to go so stop making me smile please. I feel a double-entendre coming on and I've not had a bath yet.
Hold on, Bright Guy, I'm gettin the French dictionary out ......................
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:56 pm
down under where

Hold on, Bright Guy, I'm gettin the French dictionary out ......................
Now hold on there don't talk about your OH like that :curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.