Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Moving to France?????

Moving to France?????

Old Jan 3rd 2003, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

minnican is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to France?????

Is there anyone out there living in France or has lived in France we are thinking about it... we have two small children...... comments and advice appreciated... Would prefer the warmer part of france....
Old Jan 6th 2003, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

marieloona is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

I've actually written a personal website all about moving and living in France. It's address is www.lifeinfrance.free.fr . you may want to have a look as there is some useful things on there.

IRonic though, I'm moving back to the UK 2moro after spending the last 5 1/2 years in Lyon, France. I'd settled down here really well, and am only moving back to the UK for professional reasons. Hopefully I'll be back in a few years!!!

Incidently, I'm going back to Swindon which is where my parents are. That's not too far from the Cotswolds is it? DO you know any nice areas which I should take my French boyfriend to visit, as I am scared he will get fed up of the British weather as he is originally from the South COast!!!

Hope you find my site of interest. Good luck

Sharon
Old Jan 7th 2003, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

minnican is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by marieloona
Hi there!

thanks for getting back to me.. had not had any replies... dont know if thats because not many people are doing it or they do not look at this web site.....

When you go to the Cotswold.. you are not that far from a place called Bibury which is quite near Cirencester thats quite a nice pretty village to walk round with a trout stream and nice eating places.... plus Cirencester itself is quite nice market town to walk around.... really there are loads of places and pretty villages... I particulaly like a place called Frampton on Severn which is near Stroud... thats a lovely place too... hope that helps... I am sure there are web sites that could tell you other places.. also near Swindon is a designer outlet which is excellant shopping...

gill