"Home"

Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Home"

Hope some of you watched

on Fr2 or another external channel yesterday evening?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egqF0NtEAo0&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GItD1...layer_embedded

In English
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU

Last edited by Roger O; Jun 6th 2009 at 6:56 am.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 8:15 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Home"

I watched Slumdog... Might DL it though.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 8:48 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Roger O;7639285]Hope some of you watched

Yes, beautiful photography and it certainly made you think...
Old Jun 6th 2009, 2:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely, thank you for sharing.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

As they say - in another context! - if you manage to convert one person, your life hasn't been in vain!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Roger O
As they say - in another context! - if you manage to convert one person, your life hasn't been in vain!
Day you convert me, I will dance naked in front of the Maries Whilst singing the chicken song. Whatever that is.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was thinking more of our childrens' childrens' children - if any survive!

Don't underestimate... and... "Strausspolitik" gets us nowhere!
Most world politicians are masters at it!!!!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of

First of all thanks Rodger for your pointers to very interesting and important things....it really is important!
but the population of the earth is going to grow and grow where's everyone going to live? the sea,space answers on a postcard.
food shortages?water shortages?power shortages? in the next 20 years!!!
logical thinking is out the window now every tin pot third world country is trying to refine uranium for electricity..... hahaha
And all the countries with a bit of clout are protectionist of there own for example the big country to the west about 3000miles new guy runs the show now,remember the kyoto agreement....
conspiracy theories? goverment control? selective rubbish collection? water? food? religion?
now i've confused myself,the human race is finished.....by ourselves..
Old Jun 6th 2009, 9:30 pm

I was thinking more of our childrens' childrens' children - if any survive!

Don't underestimate... and... "Strausspolitik" gets us nowhere!
Most world politicians are masters at it!!!!
Well much that I hope Cataclysmic Failure of our Bio Sphere is not occurring, Should it be picture it like a snow ball on a hill, Once it picks up momentum there is no stopping it. We have all had our fingers in the great progress pie, At some point you have to pay for it. To start reversing the damage we have made in the last 150 years alone will take some pretty organized sacrifices, (I don't mean literally killing people at the stake although I have a few I could nominate for that).

To change the goals and ambitions of some 6,783,421,727 estimated people is going to require either Dictatorship or a very clever long term strategy.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jun 6th 2009 at 9:47 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Sure... everyone moans about China - but they have one thing (admittedly poorly controllable and open to corruption) which no other country has even dared to think of, let alone propose to implement - an official "One child per family" policy.

That - and curbing humanity's "ape-ancestry-residue" greed and race for the top spot mentality - are the only two answers with any power...

So, guess we'll only just make it - sometime in the future when the hard chips are down??
Old Jun 7th 2009, 9:43 am

Sure... everyone moans about China - but they have one thing (admittedly poorly controllable and open to corruption) which no other country has even dared to think of, let alone propose to implement - an official "One child per family" policy.

That - and curbing humanity's "ape-ancestry-residue" greed and race for the top spot mentality - are the only two answers with any power...

So, guess we'll only just make it - sometime in the future when the hard chips are down??
A simple small step that could be implemented by the European Government would be to ban all unnecessary packaging within Europe, And when packaging is implement it is 100 percent recyclable with ease. Other countries would follow suit. The 5 to 10 pence system on bottles used to work well, But manufactures got lazy and greedy. Governments don`t like to rock the boat as it affects their parties contributions. Gifts and Monetary contributions should be banned to political parties as it muddies the waters.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
A simple small step that could be implemented by the European Government would be to ban all unnecessary packaging within Europe, And when packaging is implement it is 100 percent recyclable with ease. Other countries would follow suit. The 5 to 10 pence system on bottles used to work well, But manufactures got lazy and greedy. Governments don`t like to rock the boat as it affects their parties contributions. Gifts and Monetary contributions should be banned to political parties as it muddies the waters.
Had ideas for recycling buisness did loads of research even tried it for nothing to test system several problems peoples attitude?disposal? and money all very difficult even with grant help.
i remember CORONA fizzy pop when i was young i would collect the bottles and get 10p each?it was on the bottle cap?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Nibbler
Had ideas for recycling buisness did loads of research even tried it for nothing to test system several problems peoples attitude?disposal? and money all very difficult even with grant help.
i remember CORONA fizzy pop when i was young i would collect the bottles and get 10p each?it was on the bottle cap?
Yup and Newcastle Brown Ale bottles, If you went round the pub picking up empties sometimes enough could be had for a free drink Glass is a very good liquids transit system, Just need a high authority to standardize it and force to use of. The packaging could be done slightly locally to avoid Glass being moved backwards and forwards.