Life in Penang

Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:50 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice
Default Re: Life in Penang

Originally Posted by leglessfool
I don't have any friends and family in the UK and I don't have the money to go back there even if I wanted to, the financial trap.
you can make friends and why is it a financial trap ? how do you have money do you have a job in asia ?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:56 am
Legless recluse

leglessfool is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sherpa
you can make friends and why is it a financial trap ? how do you have money do you have a job in asia ?
I am now legless and I just live on a very small pension from the RAF which is growing smaller as the exchange rate goes down
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:01 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

I am now legless and I just live on a very small pension from the RAF which is growing smaller as the exchange rate goes down
without being too nosey how much do you get for pension ?
if you live back in the uk im sure you will get help with accomadation ?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:10 am
Legless recluse

without being too nosey how much do you get for pension ?
if you live back in the uk im sure you will get help with accomadation ?
That's okay not nosey, I get £236 per month which has decreased in Thai Baht here by thirty percent over the last three years, due to exchange rates.

I don't want to live in the UK anyway, I have no reason to go back there and my amputated leg doesn't like the cold weather, I was back there 4 years ago for a short while.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:48 am
Banned

That's okay not nosey, I get £236 per month which has decreased in Thai Baht here by thirty percent over the last three years, due to exchange rates.

I don't want to live in the UK anyway, I have no reason to go back there and my amputated leg doesn't like the cold weather, I was back there 4 years ago for a short while.
have you ever been too indonesia?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:08 am
Legless recluse

have you ever been too indonesia?
Lived and worked there for two years, I was the in-country manager for Ferranti International, that was where my wife stole all of my money from me
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:15 am
Banned

Lived and worked there for two years, I was the in-country manager for Ferranti International, that was where my wife stole all of my money from me
is indonesia a good place to live ?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:18 am
Legless recluse

is indonesia a good place to live ?
Not really for me, I would never choose to go back there again.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:06 am
Banned

Yep im totally convinced this thread is a scam :curse:

After rereading it and those that have contibuted to it ( not all ) i am convinced !!

Im not going to waste my time with why i think this is so just read for yourself and the few posters who are the same person ! As for that legless website how much money are you making from the dumb suckers buying your ficticious book and clicking on all those links while you claim to be on a $100 a week pension and nothing else ........... I wonder how many more scams you have in the virtual world !!!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:39 am
Legless recluse

Yep im totally convinced this thread is a scam :curse:

After rereading it and those that have contibuted to it ( not all ) i am convinced !!

Im not going to waste my time with why i think this is so just read for yourself and the few posters who are the same person ! As for that legless website how much money are you making from the dumb suckers buying your ficticious book and clicking on all those links while you claim to be on a $100 a week pension and nothing else ........... I wonder how many more scams you have in the virtual world !!!
Well, quite obviously now I realise that I have stumbled into the British expat’s lunatic asylum forum. If you cannot tell right from wrong then you would be better off changing your nationality to Thai, you would fit in very well with these people here. You obviously cannot read English very well either because at no time did I say I was receiving £100 per week pension, I said that I was receiving £236 per month pension. And if you don’t have the brains to read posts properly, follow real links on the internet and can check genuine ISBNs then this is definitely the British expat’s lunatic asylum forum.

Off to Vientiane later, at least I know that the people there are real people.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:47 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hey. Hey. I was enjoying this little part of the forum being more lively than usual. Do we really need to get so personal?

Sherpa - I assume you have good reasons for what you say but, honestly, I'm not about to buy a book or donate money to a website just because somebody posts about it. I assume you have the nouse to act in a similar fashion.

I'm not referring to anyone in particular here but people can be whatever they want to be on the internet and most of what's posted on it is crap. If you remember that at all times, you won't get scammed.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:08 am
Legless recluse

Originally Posted by Seasider
Hey. Hey. I was enjoying this little part of the forum being more lively than usual. Do we really need to get so personal?

Sherpa - I assume you have good reasons for what you say but, honestly, I'm not about to buy a book or donate money to a website just because somebody posts about it. I assume you have the nouse to act in a similar fashion.

I'm not referring to anyone in particular here but people can be whatever they want to be on the internet and most of what's posted on it is crap. If you remember that at all times, you won't get scammed.
Thanks seasider, you have given me faith back a little in the people on here with your wise words
Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:13 am
Banned

Well, quite obviously now I realise that I have stumbled into the British expat’s lunatic asylum forum. If you cannot tell right from wrong then you would be better off changing your nationality to Thai, you would fit in very well with these people here. You obviously cannot read English very well either because at no time did I say I was receiving £100 per week pension, I said that I was receiving £236 per month pension. And if you don’t have the brains to read posts properly, follow real links on the internet and can check genuine ISBNs then this is definitely the British expat’s lunatic asylum forum.

Off to Vientiane later, at least I know that the people there are real people.
Actually maybe you should read it again as i said $100 this is one hundred dollar per week and actually i was being generous because in todays rate your 236 quid amounts to $76 dollars per week probably not enough for your beer alone let alone your other living expenses and maybe on your next fictitious trip you should carry a refrigerator for all that boiling beer you seem to have stashed somewhere probably in your fabbled stump !!

Eh Seasider what goes around comes around ...

Last edited by Sherpa; Mar 15th 2009 at 3:48 am.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:04 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seasider

No I don't think we do.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:54 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

This new thread seems to be taking a turn for the worse already
Perhaps we can turn it back into a direction where everyone gets some more positive information on Penang?

Shit happens lets move on

What sort of accomodation prices and style of accomodation can one get?

Say $lowest to $highest

Whats the fishing like? (with rod and reel before anyone starts trolling)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.