Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Update:Looking for a European VPN provider thread

Update:Looking for a European VPN provider thread

Old Nov 1st 2010, 1:13 am
Just Joined

Craiggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update:Looking for a European VPN provider thread

A British Expats member named jgombos ask for European VPN providers in order to be able to watch either U.K.,European or U.S. tv on your PC,Laptop or now your phone.
Another member named TakeItEasy gave a company named pc-streaming and on the same thread watchuktv and adtelly.tv where also propose.That thread was started in Nov.of 08,therefore my question is:
Did anyone tried these services and what are your appraisal of them nearly 2yrs later.I would love to able to watch U.K. TV using my computer as the source,there are also a mother load of u.s.channels that are not provide by the useless canadian satellite or cable companies.I red in another thread that RAY51 was having problems seeing British channels with is satellite.I would suggest Ray that you use these VPNs(if they are well rated by those whom have tried them)along with your PC as your alternative satellite transmission source and access the U.K. channels that way.furthermore if You use a commonly called PC-to-TV wire you will than be able to watch the content of your PC or laptop on your big screen tv.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Pennsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update:Looking for a European VPN provider thread

I use PC-Streaming and it's absolutely fine. The bottom line is that you can keep going round in circles asking questions. Give it a try, if it doesn't work for you then move on.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

MacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really nice

Slightly lost on your post but I have used StrongVPN in the past for a while, loved them but in the end I couldn't afford it so I stopped.

Hopefully this year I'll be getting a French VPN from them as I want to watch French TV and they are all Geo-locked
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:03 am
Just Joined

punktlich2 is an unknown quantity at this point

We use a number of different methods of receiving US & UK TV (in addition we get French, German & Swiss TV by local cable):

vpngates (they offer various countries' IPs, we've used their UK & US; $15/month)

Hotspot Shield (US VPN, free but there are nuisance pop-ups and banner ads)

Slingbox/Slingcatcher (We have a Virgin Media package at our UK flat and access that here via Slingcatcher or an Apple computer & Apple TV)

Sky TV (we have a 95 cm clear plastic dish clamped to a TV stand on casters on our terrace, and a satellite meter just in case it moves out of focus; with HD it costs us £31/month)

Both the V+ box in the UK and the Sky box here let us record programmes; the VPN lets us watch (for example) BBC iPlayer or US network shows.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Craiggy is an unknown quantity at this point

PUNKTLINCH2 thanks for your tips.
The gentlemen whom originally posted a thread on this subject back in 2008(takeiteasy) send me a personal message reply after i send him one originally asking if after 2 yrs he was still using pc-streaming and to offer his opinion.He his still using it and he's totally satisfy,it is little bit expensive but well worth it because according to the gentlemen it never breaks down.Also there is no shenanigans with that company either.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY BODY,I WISH US ALL NOTHING BUT HAPPINESS