Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Fuengirola info wanted

Fuengirola info wanted

Old Sep 20th 2004, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

ROD PEMBER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuengirola info wanted

I have tracked down a business in Fuengirola and I here is has a very large expat comunity. Does this mean there are a lot of english kids in spanish schools in that area.
Child nurseries for 2 year old what are they like and what is the cost of them per month or week.
Find a property to rent over there 2 bed min. what are the prices like.
My wife does a lot of cleaning in the uk, what is the standard charge to have a cleaner over there as we might set up a business cleaning for expats? and is there much competition
Final question got a driving ban in the uk. if I register to live in spain can I get a spanish licience or do I have to wait till I get mine back in the uk.
All bits of info how wever small helps alot.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

alifrank1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fuengirola info wanted

1. If the business is a bar then forget it. There are hundreds of them, and most owners don't last more than a year.
2. There is a very large ex-pat community so you shouldn't have trouble with your 2 year old, although I live further up the coast so can't say for definite.
3. Property on any of the costas is expensive.
4. Cleaning charges vary, but there is masses of competion. Lots of ex-pats come over for a good life, find they can't get work and start up cleaning businesses.
5. Driving ban, I know nothing about.

Be very careful before you commit yourself to Spain. Life is very tough if you have to earn a living!

Originally Posted by ROD PEMBER
I have tracked down a business in Fuengirola and I here is has a very large expat comunity. Does this mean there are a lot of english kids in spanish schools in that area.
Child nurseries for 2 year old what are they like and what is the cost of them per month or week.
Find a property to rent over there 2 bed min. what are the prices like.
My wife does a lot of cleaning in the uk, what is the standard charge to have a cleaner over there as we might set up a business cleaning for expats? and is there much competition
Final question got a driving ban in the uk. if I register to live in spain can I get a spanish licience or do I have to wait till I get mine back in the uk.
All bits of info how wever small helps alot.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

You have to produce a valid UK driving licence in order to obtain a Spanish one so you have no chance until the ban has run its course.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 3:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alifrank1
1. If the business is a bar then forget it. There are hundreds of them, and most owners don't last more than a year.
2. There is a very large ex-pat community so you shouldn't have trouble with your 2 year old, although I live further up the coast so can't say for definite.
3. Property on any of the costas is expensive.
4. Cleaning charges vary, but there is masses of competion. Lots of ex-pats come over for a good life, find they can't get work and start up cleaning businesses.
5. Driving ban, I know nothing about.

Be very careful before you commit yourself to Spain. Life is very tough if you have to earn a living!
I live just outside Fuengirola.

Totally agree with the above.....

Also like beachcomber says you need Brit licence to exchange for Spanish.

Driving ban covers Europe, and probably every other country, driving and insurance wise.

Last edited by jdr; Sep 24th 2004 at 3:34 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:53 pm
jfq
Just Joined

jfq is an unknown quantity at this point

Fuengirola sounds just perfect for you.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 8:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jfq
Fuengirola sounds just perfect for you.
Enlighten me on your reply....?