Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Uk Electrician needing help in oz!!!

Uk Electrician needing help in oz!!!

Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:42 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice
Default Re: Uk Electrician needing help in oz!!!

Originally Posted by sparks124
you seem to have the right end of the stick, but you will have to wait untill you have your visa as you have to provide evidence that you are entitled to work here. so you have to send a copy of your visa. apart from that evrything is the same, or at least thats what i did and i resieved my trade qualification in the post today
Thanks Sparks124 that's great

Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:42 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Hiya

We have just got hubby's TRA too and he is a general electrician. Am I right in thinking that to apply for the ARTC you can apply from England but need to give an Oz address? Also do you just send the same things through again that we sent with the TRA application?

Thanks for your help.

basically yes but remember that this time a sparkie will be reading / assessing it

get all the main points covered in your references answers to questions

abilty to ;-

read specs n drawings
accuratley measure and order gear
the work its self ( how you go aboput it etc some piccies of you doing the work help )
testing and certification

if you need any help pm me or start a new question on this forum asking for help

regards steve

mmmmmmmmmmm now did i get that in before wends
i`m pressing send now
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:45 am
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve`o
basically yes but remember that this time a sparkie will be reading / assessing it

abilty to ;-

read specs n drawings
the work its self ( how you go aboput it etc some piccies of you doing the work help )

if you need any help pm me or start a new question on this forum asking for help

regards steve

i`m pressing send now
not many are able to do that, beat wendy to the punch. im sure she will be along any time now.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:51 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

you seem to have the right end of the stick, but you will have to wait untill you have your visa as you have to provide evidence that you are entitled to work here. so you have to send a copy of your visa. apart from that evrything is the same, or at least thats what i did and i got my trade qualification in the post today
where are you going to do the qld electrical installtion and testing course ??
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:59 am
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

where are you going to do the qld electrical installtion and testing course ??
probibly at the local TAFE. but have been in touch with QET the guys that you used. the wife is more in favour forthe TAFE because its cheeper but i havent made my mind up yet. i dont allways think that cheeper is better, might have to have a face to facewith them both before i make my mind up.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:02 am
Worongary

probibly at the local TAFE. but have been in touch with QET the guys that you used. the wife is more in favour forthe TAFE because its cheeper but i havent made my mind up yet. i dont allways think that cheeper is better, might have to have a face to facewith them both before i make my mind up.
tafes cheaper ??? they wanted $2200 out of me plus $220 for the interview

cost me about $1500 via qet
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:18 am

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

tafes cheaper ??? they wanted $2200 out of me plus $220 for the interview

cost me about $1500 via qet
Wow didn't realise it was that much - I assume that's to get the queensland qualification to practice as sparkie?

We're headed to Cairns - anyone do the course there?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:20 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Wow didn't realise it was that much - I assume that's to get the queensland qualification to practice as sparkie?

We're headed to Cairns - anyone do the course there?
youngy`s in cairns he went to yerongary in brisbane so i assume not ??
but i`m sure some one will tell us if i`m wrong

try
qet.com.au
and do it via correspeodance course
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:27 am

try
qet.com.au
Ta muchly
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

abilty to ;-

read specs n drawings

regards steve

i`m pressing send now

not many are able to do that, beat wendy to the punch. im sure she will be along any time now.

Ah, I'm busy with my website just now.

Steve, HOW MUCH???

$510 here. (then the licence fee, which was about $386)
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:58 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

try
qet.com.au
i did mine thru yeronga tafe. all up it was around $1500 including copies of all the regs. there was a 6 month wait to do the tests at cairns tafe. thats why i did it via correspondance. i didnt want to sit idle for six months waiting to do the exams. at the tafe the course cost is $650 then youll still need to buy all the regs and a few other bits and pieces and its all done and dusted in a day if you pass.