Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Uk Electrician needing help in oz!!!

Uk Electrician needing help in oz!!!

Old May 23rd 2007, 6:45 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Electrician needing help in oz!!!

Originally Posted by James22
Het stu

Can the ARTC be sorted out from uk end, have a freind in Melbourne I could Use as a fixed address to get it sent to. Got an email from ARTC today to say sort it out when you get here basically. Just thought this was a bit odd???
good luck with your application mate
yes email them for an application form using the address on here

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...alianresidents

use your mates address in aus for the reply and an email address for day to day correspondance

regards steve
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

James22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really niceJames22 is just really nice

Nice one steve o!!!

Thanks for your info mate much appreciated!

p.s concrats on getting your licence through mate
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:15 pm
Debs M

dhw210770 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi you don't need help. If you want to work you will find it. Cash work is always out there believe me. I listened to all the sh.. you get on this forum. Every state is differen't. Best to get your papers recognized is Queensland desperate for tradees. Walk in walk out new papers in hand. Next NSW. And finally Victoria a bit an..y retarded. I know a plumber working in the docks, and a electrician who's now a salesman. Both got fed up with waiting for there papers to come back. Sorry but i get very annoyed with the system, they are desperate for all trades, but make it as difficult as possible for new tradees.
Well enough of my rant my advice is to go to Rockhampton (queensland) get your papers converted and get a job at the mines $800-$1000 a day.(Thats what a truckie gets).
Good luck
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:04 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dhw210770
Hi you don't need help. If you want to work you will find it. Cash work is always out there believe me. I listened to all the sh.. you get on this forum. Every state is differen't. Best to get your papers recognized is Queensland desperate for tradees. Walk in walk out new papers in hand. Next NSW. And finally Victoria a bit an..y retarded. I know a plumber working in the docks, and a electrician who's now a salesman. Both got fed up with waiting for there papers to come back. Sorry but i get very annoyed with the system, they are desperate for all trades, but make it as difficult as possible for new tradees.
Well enough of my rant my advice is to go to Rockhampton (queensland) get your papers converted and get a job at the mines $800-$1000 a day.(Thats what a truckie gets).
Good luck
I take it youve had a bad time of it????

Stu
Old May 23rd 2007, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

James, you will also find it almost impossible to get a company to sponsor you reason being the company must advertise for a australian resident for the position 1st then & only then if they can prove they are unable to get an australian resident to fill the position the company may seek permission to advertise or apply for a person over seas, sounds crap but thats what they do mate here.

As for licensing & people saying you can get work thats crap its illegal & with you being on a working vise if you do the wrong thing you wont be accepted for migration for a minimum of 5 years, ask yourself mate is that avenue worth a toss i dont think so. ask Wendy also Ask Stev'o here they will be honest & both have all people interest at heart.

regards

arthur

ps

when you here if you need help with the Exams in melbourne just ask
Old May 24th 2007, 7:20 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
James, you will also find it almost impossible to get a company to sponsor you reason being the company must advertise for a australian resident for the position 1st then & only then if they can prove they are unable to get an australian resident to fill the position the company may seek permission to advertise or apply for a person over seas, sounds crap but thats what they do mate here.

As for licensing & people saying you can get work thats crap its illegal & with you being on a working vise if you do the wrong thing you wont be accepted for migration for a minimum of 5 years, ask yourself mate is that avenue worth a toss i dont think so. ask Wendy also Ask Stev'o here they will be honest & both have all people interest at heart.

regards

arthur

ps

lots of things are illegal but it doesnt mean they dont happen. ive seen all sorts since ive been over here.apprentices and ta's running jobs and unsupervised, backpackers working as tradies. its not right but it does happen. to say its not possible to find work in a trade without the correct licences means youve got your head in the sand. he could work as a ta and im pretty sure you dont need any licences or qualifications to be a ta.
Old May 24th 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

youngy73, i dont have my head in the sand mate i know what the score is i also know people do work without a license, however i would not tell someone to actually do what may be suggested imagine if you actually said you can do work as a spark for us and he gets caught, how would you then feel as he kops the bare end of it all im not saying you would do that. But Murphy's law as we know the poor sod may just get caught and non of us want that at all.

so im not having a go at you mate, im hopefully trying to steer him away from breaking the law, as for T/S'a working as trades people i dont think they would let them do that,

arthur
Old May 26th 2007, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus

regards

arthur

ps

Hi james
we are starting in Sydney, traveling along south coast then ending up in Perth where we got an apartment booked for 3 months.

You get kinda mixed messages on here, and i know people are trying to be helpful, but usually take advice and just do what i was going to do anyway. You gotta take chances in life, theres always a way round things if you want it enough. One thing i'm doing is sending of my qualifications to be assesed and converted into WA equivilents, cheap to do and can't do any harm. Also how many polish divs do you see sparkying over here with out proper quals or licences? loads so cant imagine that situation is exclusive to uk. Worst case scenario i'm looking at is getting electricans mate work tru an agency. If you want to know what i've done so far re. getting licensed email me jamiewright678 @ btinternet .com (obviously without the gaps) (and apologies if your not supposed to put email addresses on here)
Old May 26th 2007, 8:50 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
Hi james
we are starting in Sydney, traveling along south coast then ending up in Perth where we got an apartment booked for 3 months.

You get kinda mixed messages on here, and i know people are trying to be helpful, but usually take advice and just do what i was going to do anyway. You gotta take chances in life, theres always a way round things if you want it enough. One thing i'm doing is sending of my qualifications to be assesed and converted into WA equivilents, cheap to do and can't do any harm. Also how many polish divs do you see sparkying over here with out proper quals or licences? loads so cant imagine that situation is exclusive to uk. Worst case scenario i'm looking at is getting electricans mate work tru an agency. If you want to know what i've done so far re. getting licensed email me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(obviously without the gaps) (and apologies if your not supposed to put email addresses on here)

james you would be better pm`ing the guy as putting your email address on a public forum is inviting all sorts of wankers to send all sorts of shite

regards steve
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Wendy
The ARTC is just an assessment to see that your UK qualifiactions are the equivalent to what a Australian qualification is, or that you have the same amount of knowledge as them if you haven't got your certificates. Also that you have the relevant amount of on the job experience, which is 4 years if you have done a formal apprentiship. 5 years if it was informal, and 7 year if you didn't do one. The TRA will assess whether you have the skills equivalent to an Electrical Mechanic, or Electrical Fitter.

On the licence front, all electricians need one to work here. In Queensland an Electrical Mechanic can apply for a full unrestricted licence, whereas an Electrical Fitter can only apply for a restricted licence and can only work supervised.
Hi everybody i need some advice here I just got my TRA back and they've classed me as a general electrician (4311-11) is this alright . when i apply for a licence can i apply as an electrical mechanic .I'm going to Perth WA if I ever get my visa

Regards the dooners

and good luck everybody

Last edited by the dooners; Jun 2nd 2007 at 7:21 pm. Reason: Didn't sign off
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:50 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by the dooners
Hi everybody i need some advice here I just got my TRA back and they've classed me as a general electrician (4311-11) is this alright . when i apply for a licence can i apply as an electrical mechanic .I'm going to Perth WA if I ever get my visa

Regards the dooners

and good luck everybody

yes thats the one you want

congrats on the tra

regards steve

ps get your artc sorted before going to aus as it will speed things up no end
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the dooners

Regards the dooners

and good luck everybody

Congratulations on passing the TRA

As Steve said, that's the right class for you to apply for your migration visa. Your ARTC will be classed as mechanic or fitter depending on what info you give them, so make sure there is lots of connect/disconnect stuff in there
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Wendy
Congratulations on passing the TRA

As Steve said, that's the right class for you to apply for your migration visa. Your ARTC will be classed as mechanic or fitter depending on what info you give them, so make sure there is lots of connect/disconnect stuff in there
Thanks for that puts my mind to rest about 1 thing just another million other things to worry about now.

the Dooners
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:37 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Hiya

We have just got hubby's TRA too and he is a general electrician. Am I right in thinking that to apply for the ARTC you can apply from England but need to give an Oz address? Also do you just send the same things through again that we sent with the TRA application?

Thanks for your help.

Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:41 am
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Hiya

We have just got hubby's TRA too and he is a general electrician. Am I right in thinking that to apply for the ARTC you can apply from England but need to give an Oz address? Also do you just send the same things through again that we sent with the TRA application?

Thanks for your help.

you seem to have the right end of the stick, but you will have to wait untill you have your visa as you have to provide evidence that you are entitled to work here. so you have to send a copy of your visa. apart from that evrything is the same, or at least thats what i did and i got my trade qualification in the post today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.