practical exam theory

Old Aug 8th 2014, 8:38 am
Just Joined

bigshot1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: practical exam theory

I think i have attatched what i think the schematic should look like :s
Attached Thumbnails practical exam theory-20140808_181231.jpg  
Old Aug 8th 2014, 8:42 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigshot1986
I think i have attatched what i think the schematic should look like :s
Sort of. I would probably label the point before the stop button '2'. If it was connected to '1', which is before the C/B, you wouldn't be able to isolate the control circuit.
Old Aug 8th 2014, 8:47 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

This is Dune's DOL drawing that I linked to in the other thread. Numbering is different, as the numbers relate to terminals on the contactor / auxiliary / OL
Attached Thumbnails practical exam theory-dunes-dol.jpg  
Old Aug 8th 2014, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Yeah makes sense cheers for that
Old Aug 8th 2014, 8:59 am
Just Joined

The control circuit is connected after the c/b
Old Aug 8th 2014, 9:07 am

The control circuit is connected after the c/b
Yep, but you labelled it '1' which is before the C/B so label it '2' or on the day you could end up connecting it on the wrong side
Old Aug 8th 2014, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Ive altered it to match Dunes this should be right im thnking
Attached Thumbnails practical exam theory-20140808_192308.jpg  
Old Aug 8th 2014, 9:25 am

Ive altered it to match Dunes this should be right im thnking

Can you draw it without referring to a drawing first - you wont be able to take the drawing in with you so need to be able to remember it.
Old Aug 8th 2014, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Yeah ive drawn it a million times now ha i have a corner in my study full of scrunched up paper ill draw it a couple more times so the numbers stick i should be fine with this now,just getting down with all the theory now ha,the safe isolation is another major hassle but i have the notes for that so will hopefully know that exactly the way they want it and not how wed do it on a building site ha
Old Aug 8th 2014, 9:36 am

Yeah ive drawn it a million times now ha i have a corner in my study full of scrunched up paper ill draw it a couple more times so the numbers stick i should be fine with this now,just getting down with all the theory now ha,the safe isolation is another major hassle but i have the notes for that so will hopefully know that exactly the way they want it and not how wed do it on a building site ha
Isolation and DOL's come a lot easier to me than an offset bend in conduit
Old Aug 8th 2014, 9:51 am
Just Joined

I wish it was that simple for me haha
Old Aug 8th 2014, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Just another quick one ive been told thatyou dont have to actually connect a motor its just a pinboard at the end also were you have to make your connections either star or delta can anyone shed any light on this as thiers no mention anywere about this???
Old Aug 8th 2014, 10:50 am

Just another quick one ive been told thatyou dont have to actually connect a motor its just a pinboard at the end also were you have to make your connections either star or delta can anyone shed any light on this as thiers no mention anywere about this???
I actually had a motor connected in star, but my prac was with Vic Uni. I also had a motor disconnect scenario with a physical motor so if you have to do a disconnect / reconnect don't forget to check rotation.
Old Aug 8th 2014, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Yeah in my guide it says i have disconnect re connect of a motor circuit
Old Aug 8th 2014, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

shaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond repute

Bigshot1986
Read my post on page 22. It details the whole exam section by section what to expect. If you have any questions about anything let me know.
Cheers,
Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.