Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Electricians moving to Australia

Electricians moving to Australia

Old Jul 16th 2016, 5:39 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electricians moving to Australia

Originally Posted by Dreyan
Hi Old Sparkles,

Thank you very much for your answer. It's so easy to be sexist nowadays (assumptions), my apologies. Now being a bit chekey, will it be possible to complete the book for GAP training even though you are not actually working in that specific job -comercial/ install ? What if I get a job in marine engineering for example (this being close to my background)?
The gap training is for cert III electrotechnology and covers all aspects, not just house bashing. You have to show a variety of work although my experience is here in SA and all the states seem to be doing things their own way.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Dreyan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
The gap training is for cert III electrotechnology and covers all aspects, not just house bashing. You have to show a variety of work although my experience is here in SA and all the states seem to be doing things their own way.
Thank you for the info.
I guess is a wait and see. The final exam of the gap training can only be scheduled after you have completed the logbook I supose?
Does anyone know of a scheme similar to Skills for All that helps with the cost of the gap training in WA?
Challenger TAFE have a course of three parts A,B and C with B being Open Cabling. The cost is now 3104$ without the open cabling that will have to be taken separately?! Anyone with info about this, how we have to go about it? Hope this are pertinent questions that will benefit others as well. Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Riaan1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good day,

I would like some advise please, I'm doing my Electrical Vetassess practical test in August and would just like some advise on the 1 hour writing test please. I'm from South Africa.

I'm trying to bet as much info as possible and advise as I really want this to be a use success and that I can hopefully join u guys soon.

All of you are awesome and thanks in advance!!

Regards

Last edited by Riaan1986; Jul 18th 2016 at 2:18 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2016, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Jregis94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamesbell123
hi mate I have recently qualified as level 3 electrical installation and have been working with a local electrician in Manchester. For over 2 years now I am 20 years old and I am really interested in making the move I just don't know how too come about doing it and do I need more certs too move other there. Am2 17th edition etc. I am qualified as a electricians mate and I was wondering if it was worth doing the rest of the certs over there and learning more of the way they do it down under. Thanks . My emails < snip >
If you would prefer too reply on there feel free too reply by email.
Hello I am literally in the exact same position have you had any luck? Got my company putting me through HNC but seems like going to be a waste of time any help from anyone