artc

Old Apr 6th 2012, 2:00 am
Just Joined

hogster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: artc

Originally Posted by derren7
Hi there,
When I applied for my ARTC last September, I applied from the UK with no problems. Although I supplied an Oz address on the application form it would have been obvious that I applied from the UK, what with UK stamps and air mail stickers on it.
Recent feedback suggests that the TRA won't process applications until you are in OZ so I would post the application to your girlfriend's sister who can then post it on to the TRA. It would at least give the illusion that you are in OZ. It may or may not work. I don't know but it's worth a shot and worst ways, it least your application would be in and ready to go once you arrive in OZ.
With regards to getting certified true copies , I got mine done by a Justice of the Peace. They do this for free in Scotland, not sure whether this is the case in Ireland, or England and Wales for that matter. If not, I would get it done by a solicitor to be on the safe side, but shop around as some will do it for beer money and others will charge silly money.
Best of luck.
Regards Derren
Thanks a million for your reply its much appreciated. Thats exactly what i am going to do i will be posting it over to herselfs sister who will resend it for me so hopefully will look like im over there. I am not sure who a justice of the peace would be here in Ireland but any ideas if garda / police would be ok to do this as i have a very good friend who is a police man. Also has anyone gor police clearance cert to bring with them for jobs and sponsorship?

Last question ive bought alot of new tools im going to post over is this the case what everyone is doing as i heard they are expensive to buy over there?
I can get 20kg shipped door to door for 240 euro.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 3:38 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hogster
Thanks a million for your reply its much appreciated. Thats exactly what i am going to do i will be posting it over to herselfs sister who will resend it for me so hopefully will look like im over there. I am not sure who a justice of the peace would be here in Ireland but any ideas if garda / police would be ok to do this as i have a very good friend who is a police man. Also has anyone gor police clearance cert to bring with them for jobs and sponsorship?

Last question ive bought alot of new tools im going to post over is this the case what everyone is doing as i heard they are expensive to buy over there?
I can get 20kg shipped door to door for 240 euro.
If you can send some ahead or wait a while have a look at seven seas tea chest shipping you'll save a fortune!
Old Apr 6th 2012, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

australia_bound is an unknown quantity at this point

fly emirates, they allow 30kg of checked baggage plus your hand luggage, plus robbing some of my gf's 30kg allowance should be loads for my tools and everything else. saves a lot of hassle. wouldn't go crazy on buying tools before you go, you should be earning enough out there to pay a bit more for tools there.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 4:00 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by australia_bound
fly emirates, they allow 30kg of checked baggage plus your hand luggage, plus robbing some of my gf's 30kg allowance should be loads for my tools and everything else. saves a lot of hassle. wouldn't go crazy on buying tools before you go, you should be earning enough out there to pay a bit more for tools there.
I took a set of screwdrivers, pliers, long nose, and side cutters together with megger and multimeter to peer with 6 days clothes and I was on the 23kg limit. I was surprised how heavy the tools were, there was loads of space in the case. The extra 7kgs won't go far, you'll have to convince the gf to just take a couple of bikinis
Old Apr 9th 2012, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

ricky77
NO the new rules are you must be living in Australia to apply to ARTC
so 1st you apply to Vetassess for the main application to migrate then when here you apply to TRA