Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Will UK Degree fulfill English Requirement for UK Fiance Visa

Will UK Degree fulfill English Requirement for UK Fiance Visa

Old Nov 27th 2017, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Row17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Will UK Degree fulfill English Requirement for UK Fiance Visa

Let me start by appreciating the support on the forum.

Please I need an advise on the English Requirement for UK Fiancee Visa. I have a Masters Degree in UK and i have studied in English all my life.

1. Can i use my Degree Certificate to fulfill this requirement?
2. Do I need NARIC Certificate?

Also, i would have easily written the IELTS LIFE SKILLS test but there are no available date for the year in my country and the cost to travel to the closest country is high.

I need advise if I met this requirement as I do not want to seem like I didn't follow the rules.

Cheers.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 1:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will UK Degree fulfill English Requirement for UK Fiance Visa

1. Yes
2. No
Old Nov 27th 2017, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
1. Yes
2. No
Thanks so much for your response BritInParis.

My mind can rest now so as to focus on other things.

So as not to open another thread. Please can you advise on the letter of Intent to Marry from Parents. Can it be written on A4 or typed and printed.

Does the applicant need to write Letter of Introduction or just Letter of Intent to Marry.

This is because I have seen so many documents for this type of Visa and not sure.

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers
Old Nov 27th 2017, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

There is no requirement for a "letter of intent to marry from parents".

The applicant and sponsor can write an introduction letter, briefly outlining relationship history and their future plans.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: Will UK Degree fulfill English Requirement for UK Fiance Visa

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
There is no requirement for a "letter of intent to marry from parents".

The applicant and sponsor can write an introduction letter, briefly outlining relationship history and their future plans.

Thanks for your response.

Are you saying there is no need for Letter of Intent to Marry from both Parents?

Cheers.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 7:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You'll need to show evidence of your intention to marry - receipt for ring and dress, booking/reservation for venue, celebrant, reception, catering, etc.., the guest list and so on.

Your parents don't come into it.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Row17
Thanks for your response.

Are you saying there is no need for Letter of Intent to Marry from both Parents?

Cheers.
Correct ... letters from parents as to intent to marry are irrelevant to the application. Your posting is the first I have ever heard of such a letter.

See BritinParis' list of what is needed to show intent to marry.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

You'll need to show evidence of your intention to marry - receipt for ring and dress, booking/reservation for venue, celebrant, reception, catering, etc.., the guest list and so on.

Your parents don't come into it.
Please what do you mean by "celebrant"?

We are planning a small wedding so we have a

- registry booking showing intent to marry
- Reservation for Private Dinning at Hotel for reception
- Booked a room for the night in the same hotel
- Photographer confirming availability on the day.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Correct ... letters from parents as to intent to marry are irrelevant to the application. Your posting is the first I have ever heard of such a letter.

See BritinParis' list of what is needed to show intent to marry.

Thanks for the clarifications. I appreciate

I read about the letter on a different forum reason I am clarifying.

I have seen BritInParis post on possible list.

Thank you for your assistance
Old Nov 27th 2017, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Row17
Please what do you mean by "celebrant"?

We are planning a small wedding so we have a

- registry booking showing intent to marry
- Reservation for Private Dinning at Hotel for reception
- Booked a room for the night in the same hotel
- Photographer confirming availability on the day.
A celebrant is the person who is conducting the wedding ceremony. In your case that is likely to be the registrar.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

A celebrant is the person who is conducting the wedding ceremony. In your case that is likely to be the registrar.
Oh Okay.

Thanks.