waiting for IHS refund

Old Jan 30th 2018, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: waiting for IHS refund

hey NJK, no they didn't send any email, text or phone call. Nothing at all. I just checked my credit card statement online by chance and money was there.
You better check your friends CC statement.
good luck
Old Jan 31st 2018, 3:26 am
Njk
Just Joined

Njk is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok adi16 thank u i guess i will have to check with my friend soon..thank u ..
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

AnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond repute

It’s been over 6 weeks and IHS payment still not been refunded back. What steps can be taken ?
Old Aug 24th 2018, 8:33 am
Njk
Just Joined

Njk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious
It’s been over 6 weeks and IHS payment still not been refunded back. What steps can be taken ?
Hey there hi they never refund automically i guess cause i have seen many ppl complaining about refund if it crosses 6 weeks you need to write thema n email or phone them but i guess email them is better option because you only need to pay once for your query and follow your emails in same paid price.check their emaik where you can submit your request becoz i searched the website to complaina nd found one but i forgot which one.Hurry up and write an email to them and keep writing until they do not reply back.all the best and make sure you have credit card ready to pay for the question you are going to ask it cost me about £5 i guess..
Old Oct 4th 2018, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

jenil.goradia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Need Help!

I had applied for WP visa from India and due to some correction, before visiting for biometrics, I cancelled it and filled a new form and got a new appointment. Now I received refund for the application fees but have not received IHS refund related to that application that I cancelled. Who can I contact to get this resolved?

Thanks,
Jenil
Old Oct 5th 2018, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

ellee is an unknown quantity at this point

I've also been trying to get a refund for my first refused application. I contacted UKVI and was asked several questions by email, went back and forth several times over the course of 6 weeks, only to then be told that I needed to contact another department (yet somehow gave me the same number I called first months ago....). Have not received further reply since and think they've closed that escalation thread. Not sure where to go from here??

It was indicated that the problem with 'department' is because I mistakenly applied for the visa in person at the Liverpool Premium Service Centre, and even though I paid for the IHS online during the appointment booking, it doesn't seem to be handled by the same department as the IHS payment during the online settlement-spouse application.

Does anyone have any ideas for contact? I have already tried the 011 44 203 481 1736 and 0300 123 2241 contact centre numbers

Last edited by ellee; Oct 5th 2018 at 7:58 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 12:03 am
Just Joined

jenil.goradia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ellee
I've also been trying to get a refund for my first refused application. I contacted UKVI and was asked several questions by email, went back and forth several times over the course of 6 weeks, only to then be told that I needed to contact another department (yet somehow gave me the same number I called first months ago....). Have not received further reply since and think they've closed that escalation thread. Not sure where to go from here??

It was indicated that the problem with 'department' is because I mistakenly applied for the visa in person at the Liverpool Premium Service Centre, and even though I paid for the IHS online during the appointment booking, it doesn't seem to be handled by the same department as the IHS payment during the online settlement-spouse application.

Does anyone have any ideas for contact? I have already tried the 011 44 203 481 1736 and 0300 123 2241 contact centre numbers

Hi,

You can try this, they gave reply to me here that refund is being processed.

Go to this site www.whatdotheyknow.com

Create an account, login and create a new request addressing to Home Office. There will be an option to select. Then mention your IHS number and payment date and they might get back to you. Give it a try.

Notify here if it helped, so others can follow the same to get it sorted.
Old Dec 12th 2018, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Update on the IHS refund: 2 more months have gone by and I have been calling the 0300 1232241 number every 2 weeks to escalate (a total of 4 times now). Every time they say they emailed me about the refund, but I never got the email, which is impossible if they actually sent it, because I own the domain and there's no spam setting on my account, so I get every single email. Funny how I also get their "confirmation of request" emails after every escalation, but never their actual reply (which again, seems impossible since they clearly have the correct email associated with the escalation). I've also left my phone number the last 2 times now, and they've failed to try calling me too (even thought it's specifically noted in the escalations that I am not getting their emails at to call me).

I continue to feel cheated by UKVI. It costs me money every time I call and wait on hold. I'm convinced of the £500 owed to me, that I have spent more than half that trying to get it back. Does anyone know how to escalate this further, or should I be contacting an agency of some sort?? The agents keep apologizing but there's nothing they can do but escalate again!!
Old Dec 12th 2018, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jenil.goradia
Hi,

You can try this, they gave reply to me here that refund is being processed.

Go to this site www.whatdotheyknow.com

Create an account, login and create a new request addressing to Home Office. There will be an option to select. Then mention your IHS number and payment date and they might get back to you. Give it a try.

Notify here if it helped, so others can follow the same to get it sorted.
Just saw this reply! Thank you, I will try this as well.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

GBC7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you get your refund eventually?
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

GBC7 is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied in the UK and the visa was refused, we have been waiting over a year for our IHS refund. I have tried everything I can think of, and still nothing. We paid to email them, and they wouldn't process our query because we applied in the UK - but now we are overseas... Any advice please??
Old Apr 19th 2019, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Ehsan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!
My application was refused in July 2016.
I haven't got back my ihs yet.
It's been nearly three years now.
I rang them plenty of time but every time they said u will get it back in next 6 weeks .
But I never got it back.
Is it any one can help that how i can get my ihs refund.
or shall I take them to court?
Old Apr 20th 2019, 11:37 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ehsan
Hi!
My application was refused in July 2016.
I haven't got back my ihs yet.
It's been nearly three years now.
I rang them plenty of time but every time they said u will get it back in next 6 weeks .
But I never got it back.
Is it any one can help that how i can get my ihs refund.
or shall I take them to court?
https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ints-procedure