Verification of Marriage Certificate

Old Nov 4th 2017, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

alijaved786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Verification of Marriage Certificate

Hi. I am Pakistani national and living in Germany now. I have completed my Masters studies from Germany and now working as Engineer in Germany. I have married to British citizen in December 2016 in Pakistan. I have visited UK 3 times to see my wife and my Brother and his family on Visit Visa. My wife has started to work as Pharmasict since September 2017 and I will apply for UK spouse visa in March 2017 to fullfill the bank statement requirement. My wife martial status is single in UK and I have marriagre certificate attested from Pakistan foreign ministry.
I just want to ask that Marriage certificate from Pakistan will be recognised in UK or it will cause some trouble in my spouse visa application or me and my wife need to do the registration in UK first and then apply for Spouse visa ? I just want it to be clear. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

gaja00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Verification of Marriage Certificate

Originally Posted by alijaved786
Hi. I am Pakistani national and living in Germany now. I have completed my Masters studies from Germany and now working as Engineer in Germany. I have married to British citizen in December 2016 in Pakistan. I have visited UK 3 times to see my wife and my Brother and his family on Visit Visa. My wife has started to work as Pharmasict since September 2017 and I will apply for UK spouse visa in March 2017 to fullfill the bank statement requirement. My wife martial status is single in UK and I have marriagre certificate attested from Pakistan foreign ministry.
I just want to ask that Marriage certificate from Pakistan will be recognised in UK or it will cause some trouble in my spouse visa application or me and my wife need to do the registration in UK first and then apply for Spouse visa ? I just want it to be clear. Thanks in advance.
So long as your marriage certificate is attested in Pakistan then it would be recognised in the UK. You just have to make sure you provide evidence that your relationship with your wife is genuine e.g. ticket receipts and boarding passes, communications - emails, phone records, photos of your wedding and other time spent together.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

But my wife status is single in UK. It will not cause any issue ? She needs to change her status to married before I apply for spouse visa or its fine ?
Old Nov 5th 2017, 10:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

But my wife status is single in UK. It will not cause any issue ? She needs to change her status to married before I apply for spouse visa or its fine ?
If your wife married in Pakistan legally then she's married in the UK.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If your wife married in Pakistan legally then she's married in the UK.
Thanks for your answer. You are right as technically she is married but my query is this, my wife didnt announce her married in City counsil. When my spouse visa application will go to embassy then visa officer is going to check my wife status and she will be unmarried as per UK record. So it will not cause any issue ?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:17 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your answer. You are right as technically she is married but my query is this, my wife didnt announce her married in City counsil. When my spouse visa application will go to embassy then visa officer is going to check my wife status and she will be unmarried as per UK record. So it will not cause any issue ?
Are you worried because your wife receives the 'single person' discount on her Council tax? As long as she was indeed the sole occupier of the property that shouldn't be a problem. Of course, she'll have to notify the Council when you move in as she'll no longer be eligible for the discount.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 8:12 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

She doesn't need to have married in the UK in order for the UK to recognise the marriage. There is no way to 'register' a foreign marriage in the UK. Providing you were married legally in a Pakistan and you provide your marriage certificate then that will suffice.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 5:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Are you worried because your wife receives the 'single person' discount on her Council tax? As long as she was indeed the sole occupier of the property that shouldn't be a problem. Of course, she'll have to notify the Council when you move in as she'll no longer be eligible for the discount.
Acctually she is living with her parents and their house is big enough to accomodate me. As I will mention that I will live with my wife in her parent's house. In this case when I will live with her parent's house and council tax is paid by my my father in law she needs to change her status before I apply ? Any other relevant information will be great. Thanks

Last edited by alijaved786; Nov 7th 2017 at 5:02 am.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Acctually she is living with her parents and their house is big enough to accomodate me. As I will mention that I will live with my wife in her parent's house. In this case when I will live with her parent's house and council tax is paid by my my father in law she needs to change her status before I apply ? Any other relevant information will be great. Thanks
Council tax is paid in full ( i.e 100%) if there are two or more people living at the property so presumably your father in law, if he is living with his wife and rest of family, is paying full rate. It does not increase after two persons.

The 25 % discount is only applicable for a single occupant.

Your father in law will need to provide proof of ownership and letter of consent/ invitation or if rented, a lease/rental document with consent for you to live there from landlord or local housing authority) and a report to prove there will be no overcrowding if you are to live there.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much for information.