Spouse Visa renewal + Council Tax bilL

Old Mar 20th 2017, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

tsotsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa renewal + Council Tax bilL

Hi all,

I am currently preparing my wife's visa renewal which we are planning to submit in Sept. 2017. However, there's one thing which has started to really worry me ...

I have read in some places that I will be required to submit 2 council tax bills. I have just received my 2017-2018 council tax bill and have just noticed that my wife's name isn't on it and even worse, I was receiving the 25% single's discount. I honestly don't know how i forgot to inform the council that my wife moved in with me! Now, I can contact the council asap to change my new bill but if I change it for the previous years as well i'm worried it will look really dodgy on the application.

Can someone please help. Do I need to submit 2 council bills, or will just the most recent one do?

Many thanks in advance
Old Mar 20th 2017, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa renewal + Council Tax bilL

You need to show 2.5 years of co-habiting. So joint utility bills, council tax bills etc spread over 2.5 years.

You can show the current one only if you wish but you need other documentation proof of your living together over the years.