Refugee in UK

Old Aug 19th 2017, 6:41 pm
b16
Just Joined

b16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Refugee in UK

Hello There !

we need your help and advice
my wife applied for a UK settlement visa on 18.May, 2017 in Istanbul visa Centre. After waiting for 3 months, her visa was refused.
I am a refugee in UK and I was granted leave to remain from3.nov.2013 till 3.Nov, 2018.i have attached a copy of my BRP card and travel documents to her Visa application documents; however, in the refusal letter it was mentioned that I did not satisfy the Eligibility Relationship Requirement as her husband, and am not settled in the UK.

i just like to know,am i as refugee leave to remain in uk eligible to do spouse visa ?

thanls
Old Aug 19th 2017, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refugee in UK

You may be eligible to sponsor your wife if you can comply with the requirements as per this website:

https://www.gov.uk/settlement-refuge...family-reunion
Old Aug 20th 2017, 4:16 pm
b16
Just Joined

Thanks very much indeed for your reply.
3years after I got my refugee leave to remain I married my wife,and also she applied for spouse visa not reunion family visa.

Your help & advice would be highly appropriate.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

It would appear from what you say that you may not be eligible for family re-union under refugee conditions as you married your wife after you arrived in the UK. The link I provided talks about re-uniting families who were separated, not bringing in a new wife.

You say that you applied for a standard spouse visa and not under the refugee/re-union of family process. However, you are not "settled" in the UK, and so this reason was given for the refusal.

As per the refusal letter you cannot sponsor your wife until such time as you are given permanent residency

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Aug 20th 2017 at 5:43 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 9:14 pm
b16
Just Joined

Much appreciate for your help and advice !