British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/merged-spouse-visa-issues-sheffield-spouse-visa-chat-thread-899315/)

gaja00 Dec 17th 2017 4:07 pm

Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Invisible (Post 12397252)
Hi Thanis, I don't mean to be rude but when an ECO is looking at an application one of the conditions they are looking to be satisfied about is a genuine and subsisting relationship so surely it is important to prove that the partners in the marriage have taken steps to visit one another in their home countries. After how long apart can an intimate relationship continue to be seen as such and not begin to be seen as something closer to friends who just correspond with each other (in the eyes of the decision maker)? Again I'm not meaning to sound rude, and I apologise if I come across as being that way, but I would imagine that not visiting each other for periods of time such as you mention would not be a very positive thing when making an application and there are questions in the application which ask about frequency of visits with each other and the last time you were together etc.

It’s a bit of a cache 22 situation. If they spent money to pay for flights to see each other this will eat into the money required to make the application and consequently delay it by months maybe by another year pretty much defeating the purpose of the time spent together.

@Thanis90 -So long as there was sufficient evidence provided to show regular communications since you got married - phone records, emails - along with the marriage certificate and pics from the wedding and prior to that then that’s usually sufficient. Just don’t rely on WhatsApp messages only. I heard on this forum that they don’t consider these as evidence of communications.

Thanis90 Dec 17th 2017 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by gaja00 (Post 12401081)
It’s a bit of a cache 22 situation. If they spent money to pay for flights to see each other this will eat into the money required to make the application and consequently delay it by months maybe by another year pretty much defeating the purpose of the time spent together.

@Thanis90 -So long as there was sufficient evidence provided to show regular communications since you got married - phone records, emails - along with the marriage certificate and pics from the wedding and prior to that then that’s usually sufficient. Just don’t rely on WhatsApp messages only. I heard on this forum that they don’t consider these as evidence of communications.

Thanks for your reply as it was a tad more constructive, however I have already made my application, and I was not looking for advice, I was just empathising with someone in a similar situation as myself (not being able to spend birthdays/holidays/anniversaries with your spouse). I'm not sure how this became a whole discussion to be honest. Lol

gaja00 Dec 17th 2017 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Thanis90 (Post 12401114)
Thanks for your reply as it was a tad more constructive, however I have already made my application, and I was not looking for advice, I was just empathising with someone in a similar situation as myself (not being able to spend birthdays/holidays/anniversaries with your spouse). I'm not sure how this became a whole discussion to be honest. Lol

LOL that’s fine I know you have already made your application. I was just trying to reassure you in case you became worried that not visiting each other would be an issue.

Thanis90 Dec 17th 2017 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by gaja00 (Post 12401219)
LOL that’s fine I know you have already made your application. I was just trying to reassure you in case you became worried that not visiting each other would be an issue.

Yeah. Thanks :)

claraz Dec 18th 2017 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Thanis90 (Post 12398544)
Congrats! Did you apply from Lagos or Abuja?

My apologies for the late response. Have been busy trying to get affordable flight back to the UK before Xmas. Applied from Lagos-Ikeja

Eng2017 Dec 18th 2017 10:13 pm

Hi,

My wife applied for her spouse visa from India on 31st July 2017, we got the not straightforward application email twice so far. I have called the premium number and also contacted the local MP. No response so far.

On 12th Dec 2017, My wife got a call from VFS centre asking to come with all the documents submitted at the time for application for scanning them and sending them to UKVI again!!!!

My wife never got an official email about that from UKVI. However, she did go to the VFS centre and provided all the documents and they scanned again.

Is this something anyone has come across? is this normal to ask for all the documents again after 4 months of application date??

Also, Anyone know the christmas closure period for the UKVI? can we expect to hear something right up to the 31st Dec 2017.

Thanks in advance for any info. you can give me.

regards...

SanDiegogirl Dec 18th 2017 10:45 pm

Sounds like the VFS Global office screwed up the scanning process.

Did you wife ask why they were asking for them again, and what affect this would have on her process?

While this is not normal practice, there have been some unusually long timescales for those scanning documents (especially from Brisbane, Australia)

j4v3d Jan 5th 2018 2:27 pm

Fairly quiet in here, anyone recently had any approvals? What was it like over the Xmas holidays? Luckily, i got mine before that.

Tabi85 Jan 5th 2018 2:44 pm

Hi,
I got refusal spouse visa for an absurd reason. They wanted my husband divorce certificate from his pervious marriage. We didn't put that evidence because we put our marriage certificate that prove my husband is married with me.
We contact MP and he wrote a letter to them and atached the evidence of divorces.
Do you think is any chance to change their decision. He wrote them since 14/12/2017 but we haven't yet any response.

Best wishes for everyone who is waiting for decision.

mikelincs Jan 5th 2018 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Tabi85 (Post 12411747)
Hi,
I got refusal spouse visa for an absurd reason. They wanted my husband divorce certificate from his pervious marriage. We didn't put that evidence because we put our marriage certificate that prove my husband is married with me.
We contact MP and he wrote a letter to them and atached the evidence of divorces.
Do you think is any chance to change their decision. He wrote them since 14/12/2017 but we haven't yet any response.

Best wishes for everyone who is waiting for decision.

The thing is that they would have wanted the divorce decree to ensure that your current marriage wasn't bigamous.

Tabi85 Jan 5th 2018 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12411755)
The thing is that they would have wanted the divorce decree to ensure that your current marriage wasn't bigamous.

Yes I understand but in Appendix form that I submitted I put the details of his divorce.( date, place,his former partner name).
We thought that our marriage certificate was enough. But we was wrong.

mikelincs Jan 5th 2018 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Tabi85 (Post 12411763)
Yes I understand but in Appendix form that I submitted I put the details of his divorce.( date, place,his former partner name).
We thought that our marriage certificate was enough. But we was wrong.

The problem with that is that they would need PROOF of the divorce, as far as they are concerned without that you could just put any details.

Tabi85 Jan 5th 2018 8:15 pm

[QUOTE=mikelincs;12412008]The problem with that is that they would need PROOF of the divorce, as far as they are concerned without that you could just put any details.[/QUOTE

You are right we got refusal for this reason.
We have the absolute degree and MP send to Home office. Do you think they will considerate or is better to do fresh claim?

Tabi85 Jan 5th 2018 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12412008)
The problem with that is that they would need PROOF of the divorce, as far as they are concerned without that you could just put any details.

We have the absolute degree and MP send to Home office. Do you think they will considerate or is better to do fresh claim?

spouse of scouse Jan 5th 2018 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Tabi85 (Post 12412019)

Hi Tabi. Although there might be an outside chance that you'll get very lucky and your application approved with the late submission of your decree absolute, no one can say this with any certainty. The rule is appeals are only successful if the original case officer made an error in refusing your application, and that's not the case here.

For certainty, a fresh application would be best (providing you met all other requirements), but I do understand that it's an expensive process. Best of luck whatever you decide.