Family to be deported from UK

Old Dec 16th 2014, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

theoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family to be deported from UK

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The moderators of this forum are here to moderate, not to give immigration advice. Anyone who takes advice from an online forum without doing any of their own research is foolish at best.
That's neither accurate or fair.
Whilst I'm new to this forum, I am one of the team of moderators on one of the biggest forums in SE Asia.
As a recently retired senior manager with the UKBA, I usually stick to moderating the forum that deals with visas and immigration to other countries, mainly the UK, I'm qualified to do so and was chosen to be part of the team because of my working knowledge of the subject.
Whether we like it or not there a number of cowboys in the sector, the immigration advice sector is unregulated outside of the UK and those seeking advice have no protection whatsoever.
In offering advice I make it very clear that I'm not a professional, though my background is pretty widely known, in complicated cases I refer members to an advisor known to me in the area, he is also a retired UKBA manager who worked in Visa Sections throughout the world, and has opened a visa agency business in this country, albeit unregulated.
People choose to be moderators for a number of reasons, in my case I want to keep the grey matter active, helping others is a bonus.
I've already posted my views on this actual case, yes rules are rules, but these rules are destroying families and do little to discourage freeloaders, only those who could be an asset to the UK.
In my view, HMG introduced these rules as a headline grabbing stunt, in the full belief that the majority of UK Citizens wouldn't really care about the effect it is having on decent people wishing to live together as a family in the UK, and belief that seems to be echoed by some of the members on this forum.

Last edited by theoldgit; Dec 16th 2014 at 10:46 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 10:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theoldgit
I've already posted my views on this actual case, yes rules are rules, but these rules are destroying families and do little to discourage freeloaders, only those who could be an asset to the UK.
In my view, HMG introduced these rules as a headline grabbing stunt, in the full belief that the majority of UK Citizens wouldn't really care about the effect it is having on decent people wishing to live together as a family in the UK, and belief that seems to be echoed by some of the members on this forum.
This.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I'd wager that many UK residents have no clue that these rules affect current British citizens in this fashion. That was certainly my experience with several people I spoke to there on my recent trip back to England.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Dec 16th 2014 at 11:07 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 1:59 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
I don't think there is anyplace in this thread that the moderators were called out on bad advice.........how did that chestnut even get thrown into the discussion?
Editha post #46
Old Dec 17th 2014, 2:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I'm new to this forum, I am one of the team of moderators on one of the biggest forums in SE Asia.
As a recently retired senior manager with the UKBA, I usually stick to moderating the forum that deals with visas and immigration to other countries, mainly the UK, I'm qualified to do so and was chosen to be part of the team because of my working knowledge of the subject.
While that's all very well and good, it doesn't mean that is how moderators of this forum are chosen.

And it is both accurate and fair. As a former moderator on BE I can assure you I was not chosen for my knowledge of immigration matters.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 2:40 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
While that's all very well and good, it doesn't mean that is how moderators of this forum are chosen.

And it is both accurate and fair. As a former moderator on BE I can assure you I was not chosen for my knowledge of immigration matters.
People researching immigration matters on web forums need to visit more than one site and read more than one 'expert'. No one individual is all knowing.

When I was very active on another site for US immigration, I was often called upon in thread titles etc. It's a bit flattering but I was never so hung up on that aspect of advising. There's always something more that can be learned.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 2:41 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
Michali post 43.
Yeah I got that but I don't know why it came up.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 12:53 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
formula, you are picking and choosing from what you have read in order to find information to criticise the couple. I find your attitude distasteful.
I do agree. I find posts like #55 unnecessary, confusing, and very unhelpful on a board such as this one, which is meant to clarify difficult information and actually help people understand the rules....
Old Dec 17th 2014, 1:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Whether we like it or not there a number of cowboys in the sector, the immigration advice sector is unregulated outside of the UK and those seeking advice have no protection whatsoever.
In offering advice I make it very clear that I'm not a professional, though my background is pretty widely known, in complicated cases I refer members to an advisor known to me in the area, he is also a retired UKBA manager who worked in Visa Sections throughout the world, and has opened a visa agency business in this country, albeit unregulated.
People choose to be moderators for a number of reasons, in my case I want to keep the grey matter active, helping others is a bonus.
Your forum may have different criteria, but on BE we are not exoected to have any migration knowledge, and if we choose to post on migration issues we are posting our own views. Although we always try to be correct, our views are actually no better than any other poster. The only occasion on which our posts carry more weight than anyone else's is when we are enforcing the rules of BE. We are not chosen for our migration knowledge,and ong may it stay that way. Dorothy knows this as she was once a Mod and she was clearly speaking from the point of view of BE Mods, not other forums.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

+1
If I wasn't an expat myself and therefore a regular reader of BE I would not know about these rules. I feel so sorry for Brits that have married non Brits and then are unable/have great difficulty, returning home with their family to the UK because of the financial requirements.

Of course it needs to be established that the relationship is genuine and not purely to gain residence/citizenship for the non UK citizen but beyond that surely no one should be penalized for marrying someone who is not a citizen of their country?
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:17 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NiHao
+1
+1 more!

Originally Posted by NiHao
I feel so sorry for Brits that have married non Brits and then are unable/have great difficulty, returning home with their family to the UK because of the financial requirements.

Of course it needs to be established that the relationship is genuine and not purely to gain residence/citizenship for the non UK citizen but beyond that surely no one should be penalized for marrying someone who is not a citizen of their country?
Agree with this sentiment too. Completely.
Old Dec 18th 2014, 4:48 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue
+1 more!

Agree with this sentiment too. Completely.
True yea,

Funny enough one friend of mine had to prove the relationship is genuine even though he has 3 kids 2 4 and 6 (and yet they still doubt his relationship is legit....) cheeky b/\stards the lot of them this so called UKBA/HOME OFFICE group.

Let in the illegals and stay and claim but a British born citizen cannot?

I've said it before and i'll damn well say it again

£800 Spouse visa fee , medical checks for your spouse , English exam for your spouse , your work record checked .your bank account checked , you must earn around £18:600 a year or have £62.500 in a savings account . You must sign a declaration you will not claim any public funds , <-- what if its child benefit? isn't that 'PUBLIC FUNDS? they never mentions it.. they just said PUBLIC FUNDS..' you must provide evidence of accommodations in the UK . These are the requirements if you are British born and bred and happen to marry some one from out side the EU .. If you are a EU citizen these rules fees and checks don't apply they can have a non EU spouse and enter the UK freely . How can any government discriminate against a small amount of its own citizens while still allowing mass migration from all over the world? truly pathetic, and i will make sure many people know about this.

Does the government actually think they can pull a fast one on us? (seems that way)

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN! lol

Old Dec 18th 2014, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
True yea,

Funny enough one friend of mine had to prove the relationship is genuine even though he has 3 kids 2 4 and 6 (and yet they still doubt his relationship is legit....) cheeky b/\stards the lot of them this so called UKBA/HOME OFFICE group.

Let in the illegals and stay and claim but a British born citizen cannot?

I've said it before and i'll damn well say it again

£800 Spouse visa fee , medical checks for your spouse , English exam for your spouse , your work record checked .your bank account checked , you must earn around £18:600 a year or have £62.500 in a savings account . You must sign a declaration you will not claim any public funds , <-- what if its child benefit? isn't that 'PUBLIC FUNDS? they never mentions it.. they just said PUBLIC FUNDS..' you must provide evidence of accommodations in the UK . These are the requirements if you are British born and bred and happen to marry some one from out side the EU .. If you are a EU citizen these rules fees and checks don't apply they can have a non EU spouse and enter the UK freely . How can any government discriminate against a small amount of its own citizens while still allowing mass migration from all over the world? truly pathetic, and i will make sure many people know about this.

Does the government actually think they can pull a fast one on us? (seems that way)

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN! lol

If a person is wreckless enough to bring their family to to the UK without the appropriate visas, then that person's family are the illegal ones also. This point seems to be lost on you
Old Dec 18th 2014, 5:32 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
If a person is wreckless enough to bring their family to to the UK without the appropriate visas, then that person's family are the illegal ones also. This point seems to be lost on you
You obviously missed my previous post, i was stating this happened to some brit recently.

and now he lives a happy stable family life (after a few fights/threats) he knew his rights.

UK is soft like that you see, and he knew it.

But i discourage doing anything illegal. (risk is tooo great)

---
Also depends if you have a serious argument/case to fight for (which he did)
Old Dec 18th 2014, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
You obviously missed my previous post, i was stating this happened to some brit recently.

and now he lives a happy stable family life (after a few fights/threats) he knew his rights.

UK is soft like that you see, and he knew it.

But i discourage doing anything illegal. (risk is tooo great)

---
Also depends if you have a serious argument/case to fight for (which he did)

I didn't miss anything. Nothing is happening to the Brit, it is happening to the Brit's spouse. By the very definition, a Brit cannot be illegal in Britain.

Jumping up and down and throwing toys out of the pram doesn't get things done, doing constructive things does.

To use your vernacular, I've said it before and I will damn well say it again. With the exception of genuine refugees, if you bring your family to a country without the appropriate visas, knowing you are putting them in danger of separation and/or extreme stress, you're wreckless, at best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.