Family to be deported from UK

Old Dec 13th 2014, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Family to be deported from UK

Found this as it seems relevant to many of us here.

BBC News - Man faces deportation as UK wife's salary too low
Old Dec 13th 2014, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family to be deported from UK

Only relevant in that it informs people how not to apply for a visa for the UK.

- don't enter the UK on visitor visa and then apply from within the country - that alone is not allowed.

- don't apply if your financial situation does not comply with the rules for minimum requirements.

It is interesting that the child is not a British citizen. The mother therefore is probably British by descent i.e born of British parents but overseas. The child was also born overseas and therefore needs to be sponsored.

They moved to the UK without any thought about immigration rules.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

A rule-based society is something hard for people to accept !
Old Dec 13th 2014, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47

This particular family moved from South Africa, apparently, due to their concerns about the high crime rates. The UK appeared to be a safer place to live and raise their family.

Maybe the rules and regulations which govern policing and public order contributed to this safer way of life?

However, while they wanted to take advantage of a better life due to the UK's rules and regulations, they chose to ignore the immigration rules.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 7:06 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
You're right of course, anarchy is so much more acceptable!
Old Dec 13th 2014, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I agree. Had he entered on the correct visa and been eligible for employment then they would unlikely be in this situation.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 9:33 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyleo
Yes, I agree. Had he entered on the correct visa and been eligible for employment then they would unlikely be in this situation.
The problem was that they didn't have the finances in place, she didn't have a job, and she hasn't been able to fulfil the requirements since, it seems it's the extra amount needed for the child that is the problem, however the local MP is involved, as now the national media, and they are comlaining that the average wage in Cornwall is lower than the rest of the UK, so more difficult to earn the right amount.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 10:31 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The problem was that they didn't have the finances in place, she didn't have a job, and she hasn't been able to fulfil the requirements since, it seems it's the extra amount needed for the child that is the problem, however the local MP is involved, as now the national media, and they are comlaining that the average wage in Cornwall is lower than the rest of the UK, so more difficult to earn the right amount.
All other rhetoric apart, that is an interesting issue.

I've been away far too long to keep current with such things, but I was surprised to read that 43% of UK workers couldn't afford to sponsor a non-EU spouse.

How on Earth does someone live on less than 18,600?
Old Dec 13th 2014, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

I am surprised at the percentage too!
Old Dec 14th 2014, 12:38 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

£800 visa fee , medical checks for your spouse , English exam for your spouse , your work record checked .your bank account checked , you must earn around £18:600 a year or have £62:500 in a savings account . You must sign a declaration you will not claim any public funds , you must provide evidence of accommodations in the UK . These are the requirements if you are British born and bred and happen to marry some one from out side the EU .. If you are a EU citizen these rules fees and checks don't apply they can have a non EU spouse and enter the UK freely . How can any government discriminate against a small amount of its own citizens while still allowing mass migration from all over the world?

pfffft

claim 'HUMAN RIGHT '

Doubt they'll get deported then.

hide all passports... get desperate protect your family.

that's what they should do.

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 14th 2014 at 9:10 am. Reason: You have been told before to mind your language
Old Dec 14th 2014, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
If you are a EU citizen these rules fees and checks don't apply they can have a non EU spouse and enter the UK freely . How can any government discriminate against a small amount of its own citizens while still allowing mass migration from all over the world?
An EU citizen resident in South Africa would have had similar issues.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

There's yet another story over on UK-Yankee...the link in the initial post asking for donations was removed by admin:

Please help save our Family!
Old Dec 14th 2014, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I don't agree with the harshness of the rules, I am glad they are being applied. We had to jump through multiple hoops to get Mrs TB her Settlement Visa and we've paid all the fees and all the taxes and now she is a citizen (dual Oz/Brit).

The rules might not be fair, but they are stated and in place. Don't come here hoping for some kind immigration unicorn shitting fairy dust on you and your family 'just because'. It won't happen.

All up in fees, lost savings and income (due to two lots of redundancy and not being able to claim a thing due to our savings), our UK adventure has us over £120k in nearly 5years. I don't moan to anyone about it and like living here and when the time is right at some undefined point in the future, we may return to Oz.

I would never knowingly put my family into a situation where we could be split up because I chose to ignore the rules of where I'm heading, no matter how unfair I might think them to be.

We didn't and don't think we were above the law and I simply cannot fathom why other people think they are.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I SO agree with you Tr1boy! Whilst I do not wish to deprive others of settling here, I would think it most unfair if someone was allowed to enter and stay without going through the procedure as we had to. It was rough! And will have to be repeated in two years time. That means from the time of arrival, one has be aware of the documents and conditions to be met again before applying for further leave to remain. To think someone can come in as a visitor and think that they can just appeal to all and sundry to remain without needing any of the requirements really annoys me! And to ask for money from the public to do so too!
Old Dec 14th 2014, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
All other rhetoric apart, that is an interesting issue.

I've been away far too long to keep current with such things, but I was surprised to read that 43% of UK workers couldn't afford to sponsor a non-EU spouse.

The average salary is Belfast (and other parts of NI) is substantially lower than the rest of the UK: Northern Ireland's average pay packet is £8,000 lighter than one earned in the Republic - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk. :thumb down:

If you read the content of the link, you will find a bit of info about the difference between incomes in NI and GB.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.