Family to be deported from UK

Old Dec 19th 2014, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice
Default Re: Family to be deported from UK

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
FYI...he often uses capitals or bold text to put his point across in posts. It is considered bad internet etiquette as its considered shouting...not on just BE but across the Internet.
FYI: I don't really care; I just saw this one post and your response to it. I just want to let you know how you came across (to me)!

However, none of my business...knock yourself out.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Erm....as mod of the forum, that's kind of her job. Bit pointless having a mod that doesn't ensure people stick to site rules or basic netiquette, surely?
You are right, of course. But my issue here is that it was hardly an infringement and wasn't offensive to anyone (just over 10 letters after all).

I would have seen through it if it was a fully paragraph or even a sentence, but...anyways, people with power etc etc.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 4:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaoclive
You are right, of course. But my issue here is that it was hardly an infringement and wasn't offensive to anyone (just over 10 letters after all).

I would have seen through it if it was a fully paragraph or even a sentence, but...anyways, people with power etc etc.
I'd disagree, 'shouting' is offensive to lots of people on the forum. We do ask people not to do it for that reason.

Commenting on 'one post' is a bit pointless when you don't know any history that may be relevant, worth bearing in mind that you don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes. Also worth noting Site Rule 15 while you're at it........

In any event, Vexcore has taken the advice on the chin and admitted that he loves JG, as do we all.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'd disagree, 'shouting' is offensive to lots of people on the forum. We do ask people not to do it for that reason.

Commenting on 'one post' is a bit pointless when you don't know any history that may be relevant, worth bearing in mind that you don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes. Also worth noting Site Rule 15 while you're at it........

In any event, Vexcore has taken the advice on the chin and admitted that he loves JG, as do we all.
Again, you're right, I don't know all of what goes on behind the scenes but, FYI, I am more up to speed with the "history" than you might know. I have read many of Vexcores posts that actually were offensive and could have been reprimanded (but weren't). Just seems that this one could have been let go as many of the others were.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that "we all" love JG...Let's be clear.

I know we're not allowed to have our own opinions when dealing with mods and that I won't win this battle cos of your super status on the site. Therefore, I give up. No matter what I say here, you and JG will use rule 15 to refute it, therefore...bye!
Old Dec 19th 2014, 4:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Again, you're right, I don't know all of what goes on behind the scenes but, FYI, I am more up to speed with the "history" than you might know. I have read many of Vexcores posts that actually were offensive and could have been reprimanded (but weren't). Just seems that this one could have been let go as many of the others were.
As I said, you don't know what goes on behind the scenes (i.e. via PM etc). Many forum users are given warnings by PM, or temp bans, etc, and most won't have a clue about them. All I'm saying is just bear that in mind when commenting on a mod's actions, as you may not have all the facts.

HTH.
Old Dec 21st 2014, 7:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't go as far as saying that "we all" love JG...Let's be clear.

I know we're not allowed to have our own opinions when dealing with mods and that I won't win this battle cos of your super status on the site. Therefore, I give up. No matter what I say here, you and JG will use rule 15 to refute it, therefore...bye!
1) You don't know who has been reprimanded for what behind the scenes.
2) Of course you are allowed to have opinions about Mods, but if you wish to discuss their moderating would you please abide by the site rules and take the matter to PM and discuss it with Admin (BEVS) instead of deraiing the thread,
Old Dec 21st 2014, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah
Of course all the unemployed British in Germany (around 10,000) would never use the system. a little help of the German taxpayer even this problem could be tackled, right?
According to the PM, there are roughly equal numbers of Brits in Germany as there are Germans in the UK. The last UK census showing that Germans were the 5th largest group of immigrants to the UK.

In the UK, you don't have to pay into the UK, before you can claim benefits and be given social housing. The 3 year rule to wait before claiming disability and sickness UK benefits, has only recently been brought in. As has the stopping of paying benefits to single EEA parents who don't work, because they they are not a "qualified person".

EU citizens don't even have to work many hours, to claim benefits from another country. The UK has passed laws for 'working for welfare' for claimants who don't earn a full weeks money, which is starting to be rolled out. Germany wants to change the rules for those EU citizens who move countries and become self employed. The UK seems to be bringing in that a self employed benefit claim will be based on them earning 35 times the UK national minimum wage per week, per adult, even if they don't earn that amount.

Last edited by formula; Dec 21st 2014 at 11:37 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

FlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by formula
The last UK census showing that Germans were the 5th largest group of immigrants to the UK.
I'm afraid that's simply not true.

The last census showed that UK residents born in Germany were the 5th largest group of those not born in the UK. The census asks about place of birth, not citizenship.

I would venture a little wager that the majority of those "Germans" are UK citizens by birth. There's even a footnote in the ONS data that says:

"Those born in Germany include the children of HM Forces who were previously stationed in that country."
Old Dec 27th 2014, 4:14 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by formula
Germany wants to change the rules for those EU citizens who move countries and become self employed. The UK seems to be bringing in that a self employed benefit claim will be based on them earning 35 times the UK national minimum wage per week, per adult, even if they don't earn that amount.
Link to support these assertions on what Germany "wants" and UK "seems" to be bringing in? Enquiring minds would like to be as informed as you appear to be.....