Evidence before applying for Spouse Visa

Old Jan 28th 2015, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default Evidence before applying for Spouse Visa

Hi,

As for evidence such as bank statements/payslips/utility bills, would these need to be provided very close to the time of the application or would a 1 or 2 months gap prior to paying the application fee be okay? I know the rules is 6 to 12 months worth of of evidence PRIOR to applying. Or do you just collate everything right to the last minute and apply at the same time?

My HR Manager has just given me the required paperwork for my current employment details including payslips. I am not due to submit the visa application for another month as we are still waiting for other documentation to come through.

Thanks,
Claire
Old Jan 28th 2015, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evidence before applying for Spouse Visa

The bank statements and payslips must be no older than 28 days before the date of online application. I think utility bills and other documents should just be as recent as possible but do not necessarily come under the 28 day rule.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure you are aware, but just as a reminder, the bank statements and payslips must be originals unless stamped and accompanied by an official letter from the bank and /or the employer.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Michali - Thanks for making this clear about the 28 day limit for bank statement/letter age. If only it was clear on the gov.uk website.

Is there any other documents which are restricted to such a short time-frame?
I'm actually wondering if my bank can get my statements to me within 28 days! Post out here to Asia can easily take 3 weeks from the British Isles.

Cheers!
Old Feb 1st 2015, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

No, as far as I know, it is only bank statements and pay slips that have to be within the 28 day limit. Unfortunately, even though you could print off the online statement, it would then have to be stamped and/or accompanied by an official bank letter, which would pose th same problem for you. Is there any way you could ask the bank to courier your statements to you and debit your account accordingly?
Old Feb 1st 2015, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

You're thinking along the same lines as me there. I only have my statements online, so I would ask them to print off monthly statements for 12 months, stamp and sign each one, and add a letter also, to justify that the account was opened after passing all money laundering tests. I think a courier would have to be used.

Pay slips, I can include old one's to justify the savings level, but unfortunately my last one was at the end of 2013 as I was made redundant. Haven't been able to find anything here, and hence expecting to return to the UK.